Proposal: Nashville and kings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
To Nashville,
Drew doughty, 3rd round pick

To kings,
Pk subban, Calle Jarnkrok, Dante Fabbro, first round pick

I know the Kings would never trade DD, but I just want to know if the value is there. So before everyone slams me, just looking to see if value is there, not if they are going to get on phone and actually make this deal. Do preds add more or too much added??

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Will never happen. Even if the Kings go into rebuild, they are not trading DD. Maybe Kopitar could get traded during a rebuild, but not DD. He is the only player we have on our team that is all-around best in his position. You just don't trade a player like that.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Will never happen. Even if the Kings go into rebuild, they are not trading DD. Maybe Kopitar could get traded during a rebuild, but not DD. He is the only player we have on our team that is all-around best in his position. You just don't trade a player like that.

That's what we said about Weber :(

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
To Nashville,
Drew doughty, 3rd round pick

To kings,
Pk subban, Calle Jarnkrok, Dante Fabbro, first round pick

I know the Kings would never trade DD, but I just want to know if the value is there. So before everyone slams me, just looking to see if value is there, not if they are going to get on phone and actually make this deal. Do preds add more or too much added??

Why are the preds adding so much? IT would be a one for one deal

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I know you don't like the Subban trade, but you are overreacting to nine games. I really don't think the difference between Doughty and Subban is two firsts and one of our best defensive forwards.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If the kings made a trade like this it would be a sign that the team is changing to a more offensive game which subbban would be perfect start to doing. However i don't see sutter and dean ever doing that so no to this deal

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Kings did have scouts at the Av's/Pred's game the other day. :naughty:

Don't see Lombardi trading Doughty.

Until he asks for $100,000,000 that is.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah the Kings aren't trading DD so end of story, Drew Doughty has been a big part of the King's organization for awhile. If LA goes into rebuild mode i can see Lombardi trading Kopitar down the road then i could ever see him dealing Doughty.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i absolutely am convinced that Subban is the worst D among the typical list of elite Ds

so i am way too biased to assess anything he does

he is the most overrated player in the NHL so it's a hard hard hard solid steel NO from my part

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Doughty is worth more than that package . He is a generational defenseman. Haters can keep hating . I wouldnt trade Doughty straight up for anyone besides Mcdavid.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Not a chance from LA. No offence to Jankrok and Fabbro, but the kings aren't downgrading Doughty to Subban for a bunch of meh. I'm not sure what I'd want from Nashville to make that downgrade, but it would have to hurt. Maybe Doughty+Muzzin for Subban+Josi, but what's the point? Then again the original proposal doesnt make much sense either.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Why are the preds adding so much? IT would be a one for one deal

No chance. I say no to the OP but no chance in hell I do a 1-1 deal for Doughty. Preds can keep there players we will keep Drew. The only way the Kings ever deal Doughty is if he is in the last year of this deal and makes it clear he won't re-sign.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Give PK some time. He's a top 5 talent at the position. From my viewing of Preds games, he's just trying to do too much. Prove people wrong and the such.

It took Sergei Gonchar some time to adjust to the Pens when he got here. Same with Paul Martin. Chill.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I am sure subban will come around, end of the day I still say we lost the trade as Weber is always going to be a better leader, have way more of a presence, harder shot, way less giveaways, and better defensively.
Subban is just a few years younger, that's only advantage to Nashville in this trade.
If subban and Weber were same age, people would be blasting Poile big time for this moved and in all honesty they are not to far apart.

My post thought was not saying will the Kings do this trade, as I said on original post. Just wanted to see what people thought the value was. Doughty is a lot better all round defenseman than subban so it's definitely an add from preds just wanted to see what add would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad