Name an NHL Player Who Is Similar to An Athlete From Another Sport

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Wild one but Nikola Jokic and Patrick Mahomes - two that are wildly unorthodox in how they play and it somehow works even more for them than just being proficient at it; it catches people off-guard

I aint got nothin for ya hockey wise lol

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I always felt this weird Pujols / Crosby similarity. They both just kind of go out there and do their thing, excel at it, and move on. I also thought Pujols was going to be a one-team player, but that obviously didn't happen.

Aug 3, 2010
Wild one but Nikola Jokic and Patrick Mahomes - two that are wildly unorthodox in how they play and it somehow works even more for them than just being proficient at it; it catches people off-guard

I aint got nothin for ya hockey wise lol
Hasek

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Patrick Laine - Ben Simmons
Jack Hughes - LaMelo Ball
Ovechkin - Curry
Jordan Staal - Al Horford

Rickey Henderson and Ovechkin. You knew exactly what they were going to do and were still helpless to stop them.

Those Ovi ones are great.
MacKinnon is somewhat reminiscent of the way Bo Jackson ran the ball with the speed and physicality.

I can see it.

Stutzle and Louganis- both are known for their agility, their ability to tightly twist under control so that they hit the mark they want. When diving. They both dive well.

Matt Rempe and The Great Khali.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Auston Matthews and Tracy McGrady (Elite scorers, top 5 in their position but struggled to win playoff series)

Chris Pronger and Kevin Garnett (Elite 2 way players, arguably the best defensive players who play a mean nasty kind of game)

Matt Cooke and Pachulia (Depth guys that play an extremely dirty game, trying to injure opposing stars)

Nicklas Backstrom and Steve Nash (Elite playmakers, they don't play too much of a flashy game but phenomenal at creating plays)

Patrice Bergeron and Kawhi Leonard (Elite 2 way players, insanely good defensively)

Zdeno Chara and Shaquille O'neal (Massive guys that play a physical game and know how to use their size to dominate when they're out there, although Shaq was also insanely good on offense)

Patrick Kane and Kyrie Irving (Extremely skilled at handling the ball/puck, use their skill to create time and space, very good offensively)

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Wayne Gretzky - Dan Marino: When the record was 36 TD passes in a season, Marino went for 48. Gretzky was doing this too. Both treasures of the 1980s.

Mark Duper/Clayton - Jarri Kurri: Obvious recipients.

Niklas Lidstrom - Rod Woodson: Smart and took good angles as their careers progressed.

Scott Stevens - Steve Atwater(or also Ronnie Lott): Punishing hits on the back end.

Eric Lindros - Christian Okoye: Physical player that was eventually knocked out by Stevens/Atwater.

Scott Niedermayer - Darrell Green: Elegant players. One guy could run and the other could really skate. Took good angles.

Pavel Bure - Tony Dorsett: Smallish and shifty guys with explosive acceleration.

Jonathan Toews - Eli Manning: Mr Intangibles getting the job done. Could also be Mark Messier.

Ryan Getzlaf - Ben Roethlisberger: Used his large frame to get the job done.

Connor McDavid - Eric Dickerson (or Randy Moss): Stat compilers who use(d) speed.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad