Speculation: Mutual interest between Leafs and Debrusk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Following the Leafs? lol it's on every thread at the top of this section.....and how can I hate the Leafs, they are a fun team to follow, always helping me making $$$ every god damn seasons betting against them in the 1st round of the playoff!

You claim you don't follow a team. Then in the next sentence say you put bets on their games every year?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Following the Leafs? lol it's on every thread at the top of this section.....and how can I hate the Leafs, they are a fun team to follow, always helping me making $$$ every god damn seasons betting against them in the 1st round of the playoff!

You would have lost money literally last season but ok

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
lol…typical TML…what’s your top 2 needs…
Goaltending
Defence
…ok, lets get a forward

Kypreos is as credible as Eklund…lol

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I love these "Mutual Interest" type rumours. Most players will "have interest" in any team, they only have 32 potential employers next year, and few are good enough to completely write off any single team. So of course Debrusk has interest in the Leafs, if they are the only team to offer him a, long term, high cap hit contract, he likely signs there. You could say the same about Utah though.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

So you lost money betting against them last year, and are now being insufferable in Leaf threads as some sort of revenge?

Reactions: banks

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
On topic, DeBrusk would be a great add for the Leafs. They should definitely prioritize him over guys like Bertuzzi and Domi. He's younger than them, great skater with physicality. Good enough defensively and would be plenty productive in the Leafs top 6. Very happy they might be targeting him.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
You don’t need to follow the leafs to put a bet on them losing in the first round, just need to look at the record.

Do you think that after putting money down on a bet, that the person wouldn't follow the games to see if they won or lost money?

Hate watching is still watching.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
You don’t need to follow the leafs to put a bet on them losing in the first round, just need to look at the record.

They would of won 7x lost once, that’s a good payday.

You've contradicted yourself there - there was no "record" 7 years ago, so if you'd started betting that early you'd be betting out of hate rather than anything tangible. You also wouldn't have made much money off those bets as Leafs would have been massive underdogs against the likes of Wash back in the day.

Off course it's all academic, as that poster is clearly talking out of his ass.

Reactions: banks

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Leafs fans finally seeing Jake DeBrusk's physicality on a consistent basis would make for some quality entertainment.

What's his deal, low compete level in general, or takes games off? Or is simply afraid to get involved?

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Another player going to the Leafs this summer? Can't wait to see how they fit all these players rumored to sign in Toronto next week!

Guentzel
Bertuzzi
DeBrusk
Joshua
Zadorov
Montour
Tanev

Am I missing anyone? Did Stamkos already told SN that he's going to Toronto?
The upper echolon goalie.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Bertuzzi Matthews Debrusk
Knies Tavares Nylander
______ Holmberg Cowan

Why not both?

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
As a bruins fan this would actually be a fantastic move for Toronto’s top 6. Debrusk is a very underrated two way player that has decent speed and hands. I can seem him being the exact player Matthews would thrive even more with.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
can we please spend the money to address the blueline 1st??
Don’t worry. They’re also reportedly acquiring two of the top defensemen available. Gonna be quite the off-season. They’re in on everyone and everyone wants to come!

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What's his deal, low compete level in general, or takes games off? Or is simply afraid to get involved?
He's just not really physical - like at all. Leaf fans to this day have a completely opposite opinion of this because of his dad as well as the Kadri game.

DeBrusk's compete level is Jekyll-Hyde, but that's the same with a lot of goal scorers. He doesn't shy away from physicality due to his compete level. He's generally uninterested in the whole shebang.

Before starting this reply, I tried to remember a post-whistle scrum involving DeBrusk and I can't for the life of me remember one other than the Kadri playoff game circus.

Reactions: Kurtz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad