Rumor: Mutual interest between Jets and Evgeny Svechnikov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Derailed by knee injuries and hasn’t recovered enough to be a decent skater according to some Wings fans. He was offered a 2 way contract by the Wings but decided to take his chances on getting on a show-me contract. He seems to be well thought of by fans.

Reactions: shadow1

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Derailed by knee injuries and hasn’t recovered enough to be a decent skater according to some Wings fans.

That's the story. It's unfortunate injuries set him back so significantly. There was a lot of hope for him.

Some of our fans still think he'll be a useful depth scorer and solid PP2 option but I'm skeptical. His current skating leaves a lot to be desired.

Reactions: SoupNazi

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Extremely likeable guy by all means and I held out hope till the very end that he’d carve out a spot with the team but multiple back to back injuries hindered his development completely

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
That's the story. It's unfortunate injuries set him back so significantly. There was a lot of hope for him.

Some of our fans still think he'll be a useful depth scorer and solid PP2 option but I'm skeptical. His current skating leaves a lot to be desired.

even with the question marks he managed to put up 8 points in 20 games with some linemates who couldn't exactly carry him. I'd rather see us giving him a spot than Gagner or Nielsen.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I wouldn’t mind if he and the Jets could work something out. Seems like a low risk addition to add some competition for a couple of the available spots in the bottom 6. Could pay off decently or at worst he’s just waived.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Derailed by knee injuries and hasn’t recovered enough to be a decent skater according to some Wings fans. He was offered a 2 way contract by the Wings but decided to take his chances on getting on a show-me contract. He seems to be well thought of by fans.

The knee injuries has "slowed him down" in regards to his pace. So for him to succeed he needs to adapt.
He has skills around the net, he can be an NHL player, just need to put the effort in and be given a chance.

He didn't receive an offer from the Red Wings, however they said if he doesn't sign anywhere as a FA, they are willing to give him a two-way deal offer.

He has the "skills to pay the bills", but it has altered from his starting point.
Middle six forward the most likely outcome if he succeeds, 1st line potential, but a bit unlikely at this point.

Reactions: larmex99

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
We seem to be really good at improving our prospects' skating, maybe it's worth a try here. Our lineup is already good to go, this might just be a move we try to save a tad on cap space from Gus.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
For a part of last season he was on waivers and a bunch of fans (and some Sharks fans like me) wanted our team to pick him up, take a chance on potential. Sadly nobody picked him up. And now he's here, yikes.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Wish him the best and hope he gets a shot. He just never had the right timing and opportunities with injuries and other prospects leapfrogging him. He's got some skill but he's definitely not cut out to be a bottom 6 workhorse guy, and I don't think he's ever good enough to crack a top 6. I just don't see it, but hope he makes it.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Someone better remind Cheveldayoff which Evgeny Svechnikov this is!:laugh:

Oh wait, he is way more competent than the GMs I am used to. :naughty:
I mean there's only one Evgeny Svechnikov, then there's his talented brother, Andrei. There's literally only 2 Svechnikov's. Did you make up one Evgeny or was your joke supposed to be "someone better remind Cheveldayoff which Svechnikov this is!..."

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I mean there's only one Evgeny Svechnikov, then there's his talented brother, Andrei. There's literally only 2 Svechnikov's. Did you make up one Evgeny or was your joke supposed to be "someone better remind Cheveldayoff which Svechnikov this is!..."

Yeah, I meant to only go with last name... copied and pasted first and last in error. Corrected - thanks.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I meant to only go with last name... copied and pasted first and last in error. Corrected - thanks.
The Wings aren't exactly the best team with giving prospects a chance either, they let them age out almost in GR and then figure oh hey lets give you a shot now when it's basically too late!

So who knows how most of these players could have turned out if they left an awful dated system like the DRW.

In the last 10yrs, there's like what, 4 players that are still there that are impact players? Hronek, Zadina, Larkin, and Bertuzzi.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
This... had a whole lot of savage that 1:47AM me really enjoyed.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad