OT: Music 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bahama Mama

Sunny days
Oct 12, 2022
Winding Bay
The Cult next week at the Burt , should be fun.

Keeping with the theme............

The devil made me do it! lol

And a fun boogie tune with brass and a splendid sax solo. Got to love the audience having so much fun, that's what it's all about. The band is so tight that I'm envious. lol

This is catchy , this was in the background of Belgian Malinois videos i watching.

Not my cup of tea but to each their own. This is another version that resonates, he has some pipes! all the while sitting, I can't even muster cutting the cheese while sitting.lol

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Sponsor
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the band Lone Justice; I never had until this popped up on the Top 2000 A GOGO website. I found it an interesting story. A young band in the '80's that had all kinds of industry buzz that they were going to be the next big thing. Before they signed a record deal Dolly Parton was coming to their shows and Bob Dylan was writing a song for them (Go Away Little Boy).

But it never happened. It was a case of over involvement, where everybody was telling them to "be like this, dress like this, look like this, sing like this, write songs like this" instead of just letting them be their own band.
Maria McKee, the lead singer, talks about all of this in these videos (skip the part where she pulls out the guitar and sings...don't do that in interviews, please).

A song she wrote did become a hit for Feargal Sharkey, who previously lead the Irish punk band The Undertones. The song is called "A Good Heart" Maria McKee wrote it when she was 18 and admits is a cutesy naive song about love. You know what, I like it. It's a fun little poppy song.

A few other interesting tidbits taken from WIki:

In 1995, Bette Midler recorded two of McKee's songs—"To Deserve You" and "The Last Time"—for her platinum album, Bette of Roses.

She sang back up on the Counting Crows' 1993 debut August and Everything After on "Sullivan Street" and "Mr. Jones"

Her song "If Love Is a Red Dress (Hang Me in Rags)" was personally selected by Quentin Tarantino for his feature film Pulp Fiction. It is the only original song on the soundtrack.

Pretty interesting career arc for Maria McKee. I love finding out about stories like this.

Yes Dharma,can't count how many times I played this song.:)

Wow what incredible weather we are going to have this week, last shot of summer heat. As luck would have it I'm off to Gimli and Hecla with some golf buddies , 2 rounds every day.:nod: Summer song time.

Love:)

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Sponsor
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Friday night guys!

I have just opened a beer and switched on the jukebox.

Sunday night music selection.

I love stories like that. :D Myles Kennedy (solo) is going to play over here in November, however he is joined onstage by dummer Zia Uddin. Otherwise I would have worn my jets jersey. :D
Love Myles Kennedy, and Whitfield Crane.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I know I must be getting on your tits and nerves, but damn, I can't stop listening to Striker. It's love at first sound. :D

I really need to come to Canada anytime soon, especially to Winnipeg. You got hockey, heavy metal, beer... might as well smile at a beautiful Canadian lady. ☺️

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know I must be getting on your tits and nerves, but damn, I can't stop listening to Striker. It's love at first sound. :D

I really need to come to Canada anytime soon, especially to Winnipeg. You got hockey, heavy metal, beer... might as well smile at a beautiful Canadian lady. ☺️

Speaking of Canadian women.:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad