OT: Music 6

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,

Barney Bentall and the Legendary Hearts anyone?

Way more of a BC band for sure. Played a couple of times in Winnipeg but not nearly as much as many other bands. My impression was they played "Central Canada" a lot more and stayed home a ton. Bentall is still huge in BC.

Saw them at the Lamplighter and at "Dick's on Dick's" when they had live bands on occasion in Vancouver.

Absolutely love Barney! Saw him a few times here and I agree, didn't play here nearly enough. Saw him at the Pyramid, McPhillips Street Station...I believe one other spot here too?

Did the All-Canadian thing a few years back and saw Blue Rodeo at the Burt one August evening, flew next morning to Penticton and saw Barney at Peach Fest next evening...two of my faves!

Reactions: Jets 31 and buggs

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Captivating, stunning. The range, the power. Had a crush on her from before I knew what a crush was.

Some of you know at least one of the band members songs, though you may not know they are his.

She's mine... dirty old man...

And you posted this at 1:32 am...

I called it... I asked you if you were up late...

:laugh:

:laugh:

Oh... and Linda Ron'...

This first one from Her debut had me... same here... total crush...

And this one was another... great montage, not live, but shows her... totally natural beauty... and what talent... and the bonus... Warren Zevon was the writer of the tune...

:towel:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
As @buggs would say... I like you better when you have been drinking...

In that vein... let me continue...

I was lucky enough earlier this week to stumble upon a breaking Ticketmaster event in Winnipeg...

I acted quick and booked the Burt Block Party, August 22nd at the Burton Cummings Theatre... except it's an out door stage in the parking lot..;.

Blue Rodeo, Indian City... and the band I linked from... Skydiggers - a pop up came up... this concert...

It's an anniversary gift to my lady and I... my lady loves Blue Rodeo...

Here are those bands in that order...

Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
One of my favorite songs and artists who understands the power of lyrics...

I always self reflect... I know that would sound strange for HF peeps... this track... is who I was years ago... and when appropriate... again it reflects me when necessary...

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
In vein with the previous lineup of tunes...

Not a track I would have originally been turned on by with this artist...

But as the years have rolled on and I have listened to his massive book of music...

Amazing...

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Since I'm onto throw backs...

Here is a band that I think was brilliant... ahead of their time...

The way they mixed their tracks... the willingness to vary their sound... take risks...

And kill it...

Here are 3 of many great tracks... I gotta go eat...

And I lied... here is a 4th... so good...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad