OT: Music 6

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I went to see Slash and Myles Kennedy in April. Slash is a magician. I need to learn to play the guitar too now.
Ya I've seen them several times, Brent Fitz is from Winnipeg and is a good friend of one of my buddies and we got to meet them and talk. Brent is a huge Jets fan so we talked about the Jets for a hour.:laugh:

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Ya I've seen them several times, Brent Fitz is from Winnipeg and is a good friend of one of my buddies and we got to meet them and talk. Brent is a huge Jets fan so we talked about the Jets for a hour.:laugh:

That's amazing. :D If I had known that earlier, I would have worn my jets jersey at the concert. :p

Reactions: Jets 31

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I went to see Slash and Myles Kennedy in April. Slash is a magician. I need to learn to play the guitar too now.
Randomly for your username.

I was a huge UFO fan back in the 80s. UFO and Y&T (no Y&T in this post) were huge bands for me, probably bigger than most I listened to. Lots of that began in listening to early Scorpions. Michael Schenker had a very large influence on my musical tastes.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Randomly for your username.

I was a huge UFO fan back in the 80s. UFO and Y&T (no Y&T in this post) were huge bands for me, probably bigger than most I listened to. Lots of that began in listening to early Scorpions. Michael Schenker had a very large influence on my musical tastes.

Great songs. Have to admit, I love classic hard rock music, but my musical journey started off with Iron Maiden and Metallica. My older cousin came by one day and gave me some music cassettes and told me to listen to them. I was around 6-7 at that time (early 90s). The rest ist history. :D

Reactions: buggs and Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This man died in 2022 in Ireland...

He died on his own terms... considering his struggles that almost killed him every year...

Every day... every opportunity... as a heroin addict.... to live...

A heroin addict... became an inspiration for so many others... just living... but telling others the deceit...

Pick any addictive drug... pick deceit

Mark Lanegan's song about deceit

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Mark Lanegan again...

Mark must most assuredly known loneliness due to his personal choices for years...

I absolutely love this line in his lyrics in this tune.... "I'm dragging loneliness and it's ten miles long"...

I've known loneliness... mostly due to my work... and most assuredly due to my failings... my choices at times...

Don't ever set yourself up to be a "Beggar"...

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
One more from Mark...

Here is his testament to what he was in Seattle post Screaming Trees...

He fell into an abyss...

This is His song dedicated to the hospital... Harborview Hospital... they saved his life...

A righteous song... for those that save lives...

Bahama Mama

Sunny days
Oct 12, 2022
Winding Bay
Saw them what feels like a billion years ago at the old arena. They weren't a huge draw and more people may have been present to see Accept (Balls to the Wall) than Golden Earring. They put on a great show and had arguably the best bass solo during the concert that I've ever seen live (Blue Oyster Cult had a great one as well at live shows).

I'm trying to remember how many other bass solos I've seen live. I'm not sure the pool is that deep, especially compared to drum and lead guitar solos. :laugh:
You are one of the lucky ones, they stopped touring outside Europe in the 80's. Turns out they hated the long world tours anyways. Accept was another band that was really good live, tight and talented. Saw them a few times with Udo back in the day. Yup! not a lot of bass solos, IIRC John Entwistle from the Who also did it, don't remember BOC doing it but it was a long, long time ago.

As a child, we had neighbors move next door from the Netherlands and became life long friends even after they moved back. Spent and still spend a lot of time in the Netherlands, even learned the language even though just about everybody there speaks very good English. Got to see GE many many times over the decades, up to their final show, never disappointed be it an acoustic or electric show. Always a great atmosphere in the crowd, kind of like in a playoff game type. If you had the chance to meet them, they are a bunch of cool easygoing and funny guys. They have a massive library of which some are covers. They covered the Byrds eight miles which is a great song and at one show they did a 40 minute version of the song, it was epic! This version is shorter but still spectacular.

This was great live but the studio version was trippier.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Some old good Canadian rock.

Oh lord. I saw Coney Hatch (we had a slightly different name for them) so many times as an opening act that they became really annoying. We would just hang out in the concourse but of course you could still hear them. Still can't listen to them to this day. Obviously others will not feel the same.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Oh lord. I saw Coney Hatch (we had a slightly different name for them) so many times as an opening act that they became really annoying. We would just hang out in the concourse but of course you could still hear them. Still can't listen to them to this day. Obviously others will not feel the same.
Hey not my favorite band or anything but they have some good tunes. Just watch the Black Moods video again. :naughty::laugh:

Reactions: buggs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad