OT: Music 6

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
So... bit of a story about how I came across this artist. I always wanted to learn how to play the guitar so during the forst covid lockdowns, I picked one up and started following some online stuff.

I picked up a few chords and was looking for a tutorial on how to play "Highwayman" and came across The White Buffalo's cover of it

Led me down a rabbit hole... he did a bunch of the music for Sons of Anarchy. We've now seen him live 2X. Small venues and it's an amazing show. He's in Minny on Sept 21, already have tix. Just him and a drummer and another guy givin' er. Best live artist I've ever seen

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Since we now have our beauty summer weather, Bob time.

Thanks for that '31...

Love Bob...

A bunch of My buds from High School were the son's of Caribbean born parents...

We all went to local concerts in Winnipeg... a highlight for me and them was Third World...

On hot... summer days around my pool on weekends I listen to "Jammin" channel on Stingray from Shaw Cable... ported through my Pre-Amp to the back yard system... I chill to and relax to 'Carib' sounds every day on those days... a real joy for me...

Unfortunately... we all lost Bob too early... never had a chance to see him...

One of my favorites from Bob...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Such a beautiful evening driving back from Carman area this evening...

Glorious...

@buggs ... thanks for waking me up to the crush in me... thus... Linda Rondstadt and Jessica Harper not too long ago in this thread...

Because of that "crush" set... I listened to these two ladies on the way back to the 'Peg tonight...

First... Allison Krauss...

This performance was from 2002 in Louisville... at The Palace... live...

This concert started my journey to include "great" Country Music back into my life...

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The 2nd Lady...

Mindy Smith...

She has wrote for the best of Nashville... including Allison Krauss...

When I was driving too and from Alberta to do work through Covid years... I discovered her...

She writes with such soul... one of the best of any woman I have heard...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad