Proposal: MTL & UTAH

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
5TH overall pick this year for Dylan Guenter.

Would Arizona do it?

Dylan Guenter looks like a future star I my eyes and has produced very well in his first 78 games in the nhl(50 points) and Arizona could select a high end D with Habs pick.

Trying to see the value here I would be willing to add a little from mtl side.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Would Arizona do it?

Dylan Guenter looks like a future star I my eyes and has produced very well in his first 78 games in the nhl(50 points) and Arizona could select a high end D with Habs pick.

Why would UTAH consider that? They pick one spot after the Habs (pending lottery outcomes) and will be drafting a high end D already.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Would Arizona do it?

Utah says no thanks. Just take Iginla 5th if you want a goal scoring winger.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Absolutely not. Wouldn’t trade Guenther for Celebrini, either. Guenther is going to be very very good.
Wow. Really? Don't need to worry about it. Whoever own the 1st overall pick will never trade that pick for Guenther.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Says the guy who wouldn’t trade Guenther for Celebrini…. what are you smoking?
I wouldn’t. Guenther and his potential isn’t worth a gamble. He’s already shown he can score in this league. Plays the right way and hasn’t even put in a full year.

This forward draft class is weak. Celebrini plays the more prominent position, but Guenther is already established at a very young age.

Last edited:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Guenther put up 35pts in 45 games and was a -1 on a horrendously bad defensive team. Celebrini, who likely will pan out, I’d imagine, may end up like Shane Wright.

Don’t let the hype and the 1OA fool you. We’ve seen it too many times.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Utah has Keller (25), Crouse (26), Maccelli (22), Cooley (19), Guenther (20), and Moser (23) as a solid young core already.They already have Simashev/But/Geekie waiting in the wings. It's a step backwards if they trade Guenther for an 18 year old that probably needs 2-3 years to reach a good level of production (see: Hughes, Lafreniere), and while you'd probably think for a bit on a Guenther for Celebrini trade, you definitely don't need to think about a Guenther for 5th overall trade because you get an even lesser chance at a good outcome from the pick.

Reactions: SR

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
There’s no chance that Utah deals Guenther for #5.

If Utah fans want to say they wouldn’t deal him for Celebrini, that’s fine but comparing Celebrini to Shane Wright is just a bad, uniformed take.
Yeah give Macklin a chance first and assuming if they NHL draft lottery holds he is going to San Jose. Well Wright is not done yet either he just starting to warm up and probably will see more NHL games next year. He is not a dud!

Reactions: Kaizen

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Trading #5 for Guenther? Hell yeah!!! Don't know why would Utah accept that thought. Trading Guenther for the pick hopping the pick become like Guenther lol

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
There’s no chance that Utah deals Guenther for #5.

If Utah fans want to say they wouldn’t deal him for Celebrini, that’s fine but comparing Celebrini to Shane Wright is just a bad, uniformed take.
If you read it correctly, you’d notice I didn’t compare the player, I compared the hype of a 1OA pick and what it can translate into. I’ll take a .88 point player that is good defensively with a elite release and speed that has proven he can play in the NHL over a very promising college center that hasn’t played a single NHL game.

Now, not knowing what either Celebrini or Guenther could do in the NHL, I’d take Celebrini based on position, numbers and the harder pre professional league.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Typical bs post. Move along
As good as Guenter has been for the Yotes, Celibrini is another class of player, you simply can't seriously say you wouldn't make that trade

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
As good as Guenter has been for the Yotes, Celibrini is another class of player, you simply can't seriously say you wouldn't make that trade
Really it comes down to a matter of opinions here. Read above, explains where im coming from.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
So... The Habs speed up their rebuild while Utah continues the rebuild forever.

Add Beck and Roy and it becomes closer but even then I don't know if Utah says yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad