Proposal: MTL-UTAH Jordan Harris for Jack McBain

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
.... he finished 14th, 7th, 2nd and 4th in Norris voting in his four years in Ottawa :laugh:. I'm sorry that you decided to talk about a player you have no clue about and clearly didn't watch closely, if at all.

You have no point besides, "I'm a Habs fan and I love our guys!"

Sorry but I remember it well. He took off after the Bruins signed him. You're spinning things now and taking jabs because you don't know how to talk and you want to play the got cha stupid game.

We are not trading Xhekaj for cheap. Might stall but the potential value he brings is massive.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
as he said close to AX today

:sarcasm:

If you would spent as much energy to comprehend it as you are with belittling it, you would understand. You're trying to draw exact same lines which is not really how I presented it. But yeah, you're focus is to play "got cha" so I'm not surprised. :nod:

Chara was still with the Islanders from age 19-23. Not sure if his age 23 season was with the Sens or Islanders but you can nit pick that part if you wish. Just more proof of not comprehending the point.

Xhekaj has played 95 NHL games and you nit picker boys are comparing him Chara's 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th seasons. Keep trying

Reactions: viceroy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Sorry but I remember it well. He took off after the Bruins signed him. You're spinning things now and taking jabs because you don't know how to talk and you want to play the got cha stupid game.

We are not trading Xhekaj for cheap. Might stall but the potential value he brings is massive.
Lmao ok dude. Youre right, me pushing back on your claim that Chara “didnt suck that much” as a Sen by pointing out his top 3, top 5, top 10, and top 15 Norris finishes is “spinning things”.

I gotcha, stupid, indeed. No one is “failing to comprehend your point”, its just a laughable and baseless point.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Go look at Chara before he played with the Bruins in his prime. You're not getting the point very well. Sens picked Redden over Chara bud. Chara was not the Chara we know today before his time with the Bruins. Took Chara 8 seasons from age 19-26 to reach his high level. Both the Islanders and Sens gave up on him. Xhekaj is age 23 today.

Some of you need to chill with your "got cha" game. Do I think Xhekaj will be the next Chara for sure? NO. Do I think he could have a similar impact where he is intimidating and is a physical monster. Yes.

Multiple reports of several GM's calling the Habs about Xhekaj. They certainly see what I see in potential and want to buy low. Habs are not selling low and he is an important part of our back end.
Chara recieved Norris votes in each of the 4 seasons before he went to Boston.

Zdeno chara in ottawa finished 2nd and 4th in Norris voting his last 2 years there. He played 24 minutes a night.

NYI didn't "give up" on chara. They saw an opportunity to get an 88 point 40 goal forward lmao.

Ottawa did not "give up" on Chara. He was offered 17.05% of the salary cap as a UFA by Boston. The modern equivalent would be if Leon Draisaitl signs a deal for 16 million dollars a year next year in a place other than edmonton

Reactions: Dead Coyote

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
.... he finished 14th, 7th, 2nd and 4th in Norris voting in his four years in Ottawa :laugh:. I'm sorry that you decided to talk about a player you have no clue about and clearly didn't watch closely, if at all.

You have no point besides, "I'm a Habs fan and I love our guys!"

as he said close to AX today

:sarcasm:
Zdeno Chara signed a UFA contract that made him the 4th highest player of all time at that point, equivalent to 15 million dollars in today's cap.

But sure ottawa "gave up on him"

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Zdeno Chara signed a UFA contract that made him the 4th highest player of all time at that point, equivalent to 15 million dollars in today's cap.

But sure ottawa "gave up on him"
Not to mention that Muckler not signing Chara over Redden despite his coach begging him to do so is THE reason that this coach (Murray) ended up replacing him soon after. That decision by Muckler literally turned his entire staff against him lol

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Go look at Chara before he played with the Bruins in his prime. You're not getting the point very well. Sens picked Redden over Chara bud. Chara was not the Chara we know today before his time with the Bruins. Took Chara 8 seasons from age 19-26 to reach his high level. Both the Islanders and Sens gave up on him. Xhekaj is age 23 today.

Some of you need to chill with your "got cha" game. Do I think Xhekaj will be the next Chara for sure? NO. Do I think he could have a similar impact where he is intimidating and is a physical monster. Yes.

Multiple reports of several GM's calling the Habs about Xhekaj. They certainly see what I see in potential and want to buy low. Habs are not selling low and he is an important part of our back end.
Chara was a 1st pairing dman at age 22. Xhekaj is a part time NHLer at age 23.

Zdeno Chara's value came from the fact that he was elite at hockey.

Arber Xhekaj is an active detriment to his team because he isn't NHL caliber. He is only in the NHL because of his ability to punch people in the face

Not to mention that Muckler not signing Chara over Redden despite his coach begging him to do so is THE reason that this coach (Murray) ended up replacing him soon after. That decision by Muckler literally turned his entire staff against him lol
I hear if Leon Draisaitl gets offered 17 million dollars by some team in UFA next year Edmonton might give up on him.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Don't be so gullible in your "got cha" game. Xhekaj has that same kind of potential impact in his own zone as Chara. I'd be a fool if I thought or said he would bring the same exact value and you would be a fool as well to assume it that way. ;)
Arber Xhekaj is one of the worst defenders in hockey.

Zdeno chara was elite defensively.

Arber Xhekaj is unlikely to ever be as good at hockey as Chara was at age 45

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Chara was a 1st pairing dman at age 22. Xhekaj is a part time NHLer at age 23.

Zdeno Chara's value came from the fact that he was elite at hockey.

Arber Xhekaj is an active detriment to his team because he isn't NHL caliber. He is only in the NHL because of his ability to punch people in the face

I hear if Leon Draisaitl gets offered 17 million dollars by some team in UFA next year Edmonton might give up on him.

Once again, too much of a direct line comparison and you're not comprehending the main point. I started saying it's not going to be the exact same you know. But you're too focused on the got cha game so I pass on that style of conversation at this stage.

The McBain/Harris trade won't work. Xhekaj is not going to be part of this. You can laugh all day if you want... Habs don't care. We value what Xhekaj could become and yes, it could be an intimidating/physical presence (something like Chara). It won't be the exact same but you can trip and get all twisted on that wasting your time.

Pump or deflate Xhekaj all you want. He's not available.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Once again, too much of a direct line comparison and you're not comprehending the main point. I started saying it's not going to be the exact same you know.

The McBain/Harris trade won't work. Xhekaj is not going to be part of this. You can laugh all day if you want... Habs don't care. We value what Xhekaj could become and yes, it could be an intimidating/physical presence (something like Chara). It won't be the exact same but you can trip and get all twisted on that wasting your time.

There is no main point.

Zdeno Chara's impact was that he was one of the best hockey player's in the NHL, point blank. Not his "intimidation". No, his value was that he was able to provide incredible value both offensively and defensively.

Arber Xhekaj is an enforcer. His impact could be that of Ryan Reaves if things go well

You made the worst comparison of all time and are shocked that people called you out on it

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
If you would spent as much energy to comprehend it as you are with belittling it, you would understand. You're trying to draw exact same lines which is not really how I presented it. But yeah, you're focus is to play "got cha" so I'm not surprised. :nod:

Chara was still with the Islanders from age 19-23. Not sure if his age 23 season was with the Sens or Islanders but you can nit pick that part if you wish. Just more proof of not comprehending the point.

Xhekaj has played 95 NHL games and you nit picker boys are comparing him Chara's 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th seasons. Keep trying
if you applied the same standard on both sides of the equation you would have never ended up with
xhekaj >> mcbain

you not only post one biased homer take after another, you also police how others have to read your takes and how they are allowed to reply.

no worries i ignore them from now on.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There is no main point.

Zdeno Chara's impact was that he was one of the best hockey player's in the NHL, point blank. Not his "intimidation". No, his value was that he was able to provide incredible value both offensively and defensively.

Arber Xhekaj is an enforcer. His impact could be that of Ryan Reaves if things go well

You made the worst comparison of all time and are shocked that people called you out on it

Bookmark it. We will see how it ages.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Once again, too much of a direct line comparison and you're not comprehending the main point. I started saying it's not going to be the exact same you know. But you're too focused on the got cha game so I pass on that style of conversation at this stage.

So a Chara lite. Still valuable, but, more realistic.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
This is as bad a take as any.

Xhekaj's value is in his potential as a physically dominant defenseman, and an analogy with Chara, Pronger or Gudas might help understand the point. Kind of like comparing Mike Ribeiro to Wayne Gretzky, it's a stylistic comparison, not one of overall impact.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

Xhekaj's value is in his potential as a physically dominant defenseman, and an analogy with Chara, Pronger or Gudas might help understand the point. Kind of like comparing Mike Ribeiro to Wayne Gretzky, it's a stylistic comparison, not one of overall impact.
Arber Xhekaj is 23 years old and still hasn't reached a level where he could make an NHL roster without his ability to punch faces.

As a hockey player, the ceiling is probably a mid/low level 6D

Right now he's probably at that of a 9D, or a high level AHLer.

Pronger and Gudas are again good at actually playing hockey.

Xhekaj is good at punching faces. Like Reaves

• Haha
Reactions: pth2

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017

Cool, everything you've said about Xhekaj is true about McBain too. Move on.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Mentioning chara in any context is awful.

Arber Xhekaj is one of the worst defenseman in the NHL.

-Very bad defensively
-Unable to contribute anything on either special teams units
-Cannot handle anything other than the easiest possible competition
-The least disciplined player in the NHL

Zdeno Chara was a 1st pairing dman at age 23. Xhekaj is an Depth/AHL caliber dman that you have to figure out how to hide.
In the 27 games coming back from Laval. 2g 5a 7p +5 34pim playing 3rd pairing minutes with a shoulder that needed surgery. Should be ready for training camp. The kid is fine

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Arber Xhekaj is 23 years old and still hasn't reached a level where he could make an NHL roster without his ability to punch faces.

As a hockey player, the ceiling is probably a mid/low level 6D

Right now he's probably at that of a 9D, or a high level AHLer.

Pronger and Gudas are again good at actually playing hockey.

Xhekaj is good at punching faces. Like Reaves

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017

No, that doesn't quite seem right to me:

Not saying he reaches Chara level but he could have that kind of impact if he keeps improving.
Also Chara has always been elite defensively and it was his offense that came later. Xhekaj has a long ways to go before anyone considers him elite defensively, let alone remotely as good at both ends of the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad