Proposal: MTL & TB

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I am so annoyed with other Hab fans making these shitty proposals when our shitty dead weight players aren't worth shit. Gallagher/Anderson/Dvorak/Savard and Barron aren't worth shit.
I think this trade is alright. Savard will get a 2nd for sure.

As for Gallagher and Anderson, their contracts is the problem. Once they end, I'm sure some teams will want to grab those two guys.

Also, to whoever said that you can have too many second round picks, what the f***? :laugh: The more picks you have in the earlier rounds, the more chance at getting future NHLers. You could get lucky and find a star in the second round too. Finally, you can use those extra 2nd round picks to trade up in the first round.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not now. We can revisit it at the deadline, but Savard will have to be having a big season for that price.

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
You are delusional and I am a Habs fan. Savard aint worth much
Google “overpay”. I’m not saying he’s worth that much either. We are trading a position we actually need AND we are using our last retention spot and the season hasn’t started yet. Unless of a MASSIVE overpay, no way Hugo makes this trade. Not at this point of the season at least.
Sure, around TDL it’s a different context.
Reread carefully and understand the concept and context next time before throwing dumb comments and trying to make yourself feel superior.

There's no rush whatsoever to trade Savard, especially with how inexperienced the Habs blueline is atm.

Add in the return is only a 2nd rounder and it's even more of a head-scratcher.
I’m with you. You just gotta accept that most people on this board are arm chair GMs that get butthurt by the simple concept of supply and demand. Very difficult concept to understand for many on here.
I.e. look back at the Chariot threads. Just a small sample.

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
I dont value Savard, who's a 3rd pairing Dman that much, I'd do it.
Well thankfully you’re not the Habs GM. Somehow you think young players are NHL24 robots and not young human beings that need veteran leadership and coaching to actually help in their development specifically in the early stages. What veteran RHD would you pair up with Hutson if he makes it?

At this point in time, Savard is worth more to the team than 2 second round picks and burning our last retention spot before the season even starts.
At TDL, different situation. Rather trade him at TDL for just one 2nd and no retention than the terrible OP proposal at this point in time.

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Ignore the ignorant Habs fans.

Very constructive comment. Clear indication of how smart you are.
when a habs fan makes a proposal and the fans from the other team tell you, that they don't see the need, asking for an overpay is pointless.

just state that at the proposed price you rather keep the player as he has more value to your own team.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Why?
Someone did accept to pay that price, then how can you beleive someone else could not do the same!
If a team massively overpays on a contract, and it is an outlier, it doesn't mean the overall market changes. It means that 1 team had a different opinion on the player.

Edmundson getting signed for that doesn't mean that the market for bad dman is 4 mill a year. It means that LAK thinks edmundson is a good dman.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
2nd round pick at deadline I think is all that Montreal will get. And that's fair for both sides. RHP is worth a 7th maybe. If that even.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I am so annoyed with other Hab fans making these shitty proposals when our shitty dead weight players aren't worth shit. Gallagher/Anderson/Dvorak/Savard and Barron aren't worth shit.
Ridiculous post. Savard and Barron have value. Anderson and Dvorak don't now but might at the deadline. Only Barron has any possibility of moving in the off season.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Most Habs fans decline this trade. We don't need 2nd rounders and we need Savard for one more season. Especially if Hutson makes our team. Good fit with Savard.

Savard is a TDL type trade.
so the Hab's don't need 1st round picks? they done drafting from now on?

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I've seen every game he played in the big league. He suck and worth nothing. He's a jersey filler, nothing more. Every team have that kind of player down in the ahl

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I've seen every game he played in the big league. He suck and worth nothing. He's a jersey filler, nothing more. Every team have that kind of player down in the ahl
well then you have a bad judgement of players .. won't take your opinion seriously anymore . gezzzz

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
You know its bad when your own fellow Habs fans are shitting on you.

There's a group of Habs fans that are apologists on the Main Boards. They kowtow to the HFBoards haters and dittoheads. Same Habs fans that said we'd get a 3rd for Monahan.

And I'm seeing people packaging Barron and Anderson together for legit players like McGroarty, Necas and Laine, like its the new Ryder, Halah and 2nd meme.

Shenanigans.

Gallagher/Anderson/Dvorak/Savard and Barron aren't worth shit.

Savard is a physical defensive cup-winning RD. Those guys always have value.

so the Hab's don't need 1st round picks? they done drafting from now on?

*sigh* What they mean by that is that the Habs are no longer selling for futures. We want NHL-ready players. We want to fill gaps. Grabbing picks('25 or '26) that'll turn into NHL'ers in 4-5 years won't fit with our core's age.

Capisce?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
*sigh* What they mean by that is that the Habs are no longer selling for futures. We want NHL-ready players. We want to fill gaps. Grabbing picks('25 or '26) that'll turn into NHL'ers in 4-5 years won't fit with our core's age.

Capisce?
You think the Habs are at the end of the rebuild? and Savard is a long term player? The Habs have a couple more years before they start competing.

Do you understand?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad