Proposal: Mtl-TB

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Pacioretty and Pateryn = 5,3 M$

for

Drouin, Filpula (0,5M$ retained) and Nesterov (Mtl signs him to a 1M$ contract) = 6,4M$

TBay get the cap space to resign Kucherov and get a good steady RHD, with a cheap contract.

Mtl gets Drouin (finally) and a good young LHD to add to an empty depth chart on that side.

Off course with Filpula, Mtl would have to trade Plekanec or dump Desharnais somehow.

max3511

Jul 23, 2014

for

Drouin, Filpula (0,5M$ retained) and Nesterov (Mtl signs him to a 1M$ contract) = 6,4M$

TBay get the cap space to resign Kucherov and get a good steady RHD, with a cheap contract.

Mtl gets Drouin (finally) and a good young LHD to add to an empty depth chart on that side.

Off course with Filpula, Mtl would have to trade Plekanec or dump Desharnais somehow.

I don't think Tampa want to do this. Paccio will have to get signed next year and tampa won't have space for him. Might want to do something around Palat. But Montreal and Tampa are pretty bad trading partner right now

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Would never happen and this one favors MTL quite a bit. They get the better package, plain and simple.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I don't think Tampa want to do this. Paccio will have to get signed next year and tampa won't have space for him. Might want to do something around Palat. But Montreal and Tampa are pretty bad trading partner right now

Pacioretty is signed for 3 more years.

Filppula is a problematic contract for Tbay.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Would never happen and this one favors MTL quite a bit. They get the better package, plain and simple.

Filppula is a problematic contract for TB. At this pt he is negative value.

So basically is Pacioretty + Pateryn vs Drouin and Nesterov. Yes it favors Tbay a bit but Mtl taking Filppula's contract cover the difference imo.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

for

Drouin projects (blah blah blah, he can bust, blah blah blah) as good or better than Patches and the lightning would have no need for Pateryn.

Both teams say no

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Drouin projects (blah blah blah, he can bust, blah blah blah) as good or better than Patches and the lightning would have no need for Pateryn.

Both teams say no

Drouin doesn't hold more value than Pacioretty, let alone for a team that can win now.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think Filppula will eventually be dealt, Yzerman might have to add someone else to entice a team to take on Filppula's contract but that player wont be Drouin you can pretty much bank on that.

It won't be Drouin, if it's 2nd or some average prospect. Pacioretty is a better player, than Drouin right now.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I think Filppula will eventually be dealt, Yzerman might have to add someone else to entice a team to take on Filppula's contract but that player wont be Drouin you can pretty much bank on that.

Depends if the return is a 1st line LW, playing on a cheap contract.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I think I would do it. Gives tampa some cap room need for signings and patches would be a hell of an addition. Dont love losing drouin, but think patches would contribute more in the next few years to help us win a cup.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
lol i remember when poeple said drouin had no value a 2nd rounder at best lol

well according to this trade proposal he would still have "no value" as Rene Bourque is one of the most overrated players in the NHL today

Team USA agrees with my inexperienced, noob, troll, hater comments

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
well according to this trade proposal he would still have "no value" as Rene Bourque is one of the most overrated players in the NHL today

Team USA agrees with my inexperienced, noob, troll, hater comments

what? is that your new shtick or something?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Montreal wouldnt accept this. Drouin isnt the answer for the next 3 years. He isnt better than pacs. And pacs scores more goals and is a bigger body out there.
Any Pacs trade will have to include Kucherov. Kucherov is a better player but may end up making almost twice as much as pacs. That balances the value somewhat. The habs would just add a second or a prospect.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
12 years old is a pretty good age to learn something new.

Here for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shtick

oh yes, Pacioretty is the new Bourque, i'm making it... um, shtick?

why is comparing Carey Price to Jesus Christ not trolling
But Max Pacioretty to Rene Bourque is?

i want to give him that nickname, Max "Rene Bourque" Pacioretty

i seriously believe in this, and i know a few habs fans pointed out that i probably never watch hockey nor have i ever played it, of course that's a habs defense mechanism and i understand that

but i am not picking at anyone, that's his nickname and it shouldn't bother you if i am completely wrong about this,

However, it may bother you only if deep down in your consciousness you know that he does possess quite a few of Bourque's characteristics

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Montreal wouldnt accept this. Drouin isnt the answer for the next 3 years. He isnt better than pacs. And pacs scores more goals and is a bigger body out there.
Any Pacs trade will have to include Kucherov. Kucherov is a better player but may end up making almost twice as much as pacs. That balances the value somewhat. The habs would just add a second or a prospect.

Habs cannot take that deal, cap wise. Kucherov will earn about 7M$ a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad