Proposal: MTL - STL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Simple trade that allows St-Louis to shore up their 3rd D line with a rugged, playoff proven D and provides the Habs with a solid young PP QB + cap

MTL: Chiarot (25% retained)

STL: Perunovich, Sundkvist (cap purposes)

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Simple trade that allows St-Louis to shore up their 3rd D line with a rugged, playoff proven D and provides the Habs with a solid young PP QB + cap

STL: Perunovich, Sundkvist (cap purposes)
i'm not claiming to be an expert, but i still don't get how chiarot is really that much better than scandella or why the blues would give up so much for him

blues value sundqvist a bit so i doubt he'll be thrown in for cap purposes

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
i'm not claiming to be an expert, but i still don't get how chiarot is really that much better than scandella or why the blues would give up so much for him

If you don't see Chiarot is much better than Scandella then there is no point to discuss here, I have seen them both and I can tell you Chiarot is much better than Scandella. In the playoff, he is a workhorse and also a brickwall in front of the net.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017

Having seen both play, Chiarot can log much more minutes effectively and is a handy D presence in the playoffs where the intensity level rises. Scandella at this stage of his career is an average # 6 D. Chiarot is a very solid #4/5

it's an upgrade in every sense of the way. the guy is made for the playoffs.

Reactions: Dutronc

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Edmunson has not played all year. I am not sure what kind of a shape he is in and when he will return.
I know. And I completely understand that. I just don't think Habs and Blues are the greatest of trade partners currently. Plus I think the Blues are looking for a younger player that they can hold on to longer instead of a Rental like Chiarot. Doug Armstrong rarely goes all out for rentals.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Chiarot looks very bad this season and I don't understand the talk of his price tag. Unless he's been sandbagging all year, and will suddenly flip the switch when he arrives, I don't trust he'd improve the Blues in any respect.

If I were Montreal, I'd be ecstatic to get a 2nd rounder and I wouldn't even pay that much if I were the Blues unless they run into a big injury. I wouldn't deal either one of Sundqvist or Perunovich for a 2nd rounder, so...

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Chariot can play up to 30 minutes in the playoffs, shut down your best players, and form a brick wall defensively where no one can score. Hes done that 2 straight playoffs.

Scandella on the other hand plays max 12 to 17 minutes come playoff time

Reactions: Dutronc

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
Keep Chariot & see if he plays 30 min. for the Habs this year. You are dreaming that the Blues would part with either player for him. Such a trade would net the Blues a much bigger fish.

Reactions: north49er

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I hope Armstrong wouldn’t do this. We need a bigger upgrade than Chairot.

It may help our bottom pair and maybe he would spark something out of Parayko but realistically I wouldn’t give up much for Chairot. Would be fine with Scandella and a 2nd for him but would rather not move Sunny or Perunovich without getting a guy that’s more of a top pairing guy or at least a more solid solution to our issue

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
what if the offer was:

STL: Perunovich, Scandella (cap purposes)

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Keep Chariot & see if he plays 30 min. for the Habs this year. You are dreaming that the Blues would part with either player for him. Such a trade would net the Blues a much bigger fish.
Not even trying to be rude, but who are either of those players? Your 4-5th best prospect/young player and some random 4th liner included for cap purposes? I get that every Habs player loses 15-25% of their trade value on HF boards but really? I'd prefer the first that most assume Chariot is worth.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Not even trying to be rude, but who are either of those players? Your 4-5th best prospect/young player and some random 4th liner included for cap purposes? I get that every Habs player loses 15-25% of their trade value on HF boards but really? I'd prefer the first that most assume Chariot is worth.
And yet you just down graded the value of both Blues players.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Sunny has been an extremely valuable mid/bottom six player in all situations. He’s been a little rough this season coming off of his injury as his skating isn’t right yet. Perunovich is probably our 2nd best prospect

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Perunovich is a recent hobey baker winner and nhl ready. While sundqvist is a guy whose trusted to be out on the ice at the end of games to secure wins

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
what if the offer was:

STL: Perunovich, Scandella (cap purposes)
i still don't think the blues are interested in a rental, particularly at that price. the other options are more attractive than chiarot. plain and simple, even if they cost more. i don't know who will give a 1st for him despite the rumors it'll happen, much less a 1st + as you keep suggesting.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Perunovich is the Blues’ top prospect, not fourth or fifth. Ask any team the Blues played in the 18-19 playoffs what they think of Sundqvist (they hate him, which means he was very valuable to the Blues).

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Chiarot looks very bad this season and I don't understand the talk of his price tag. Unless he's been sandbagging all year, and will suddenly flip the switch when he arrives, I don't trust he'd improve the Blues in any respect.

If I were Montreal, I'd be ecstatic to get a 2nd rounder and I wouldn't even pay that much if I were the Blues unless they run into a big injury. I wouldn't deal either one of Sundqvist or Perunovich for a 2nd rounder, so...

The entire montreal team looks terrible this year. It's very difficult to play your best in a dumpster fire.

Reactions: malcb33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad