Proposal: MTL & OILERS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Are you stat scanning or do you watch him?

He's a pretty decent goalie. Having a pretty good game tonight against Dallas while Montreal defence loses track of the puck constantly. One of the better goalies at using his stick to make passes. I feel like that could help the Oilers but hey. Keep on Oil'in it up.

You just described a worse Mike Smith lol.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Wait a minute... i will do a copy paste for next year and next one after.... Edmonton need a goalie

And no Yamamoto wont get a real no1 goalie for Edmonton

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Counter

Mike Smith and Zack Kassian for MTL 2nd + some shitty dump you have lying around.

Bad offer? Yes. Makes as much sense as OP does though. For trying to dump Armia’s three remaining years of mediocrity and Allen on us, you should be paying us, not demanding firsts. Insanity.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Counter

Mike Smith and Zack Kassian for MTL 2nd + some shitty dump you have lying around.

Bad offer? Yes. Makes as much sense as OP does though. For trying to dump Armia’s three remaining years of mediocrity and Allen on us, you should be paying us, not demanding firsts. Insanity.
You basically have an AHL team except for like 3 or 4 players lol. Armia would actually help you. Habs are rebuilding and don’t need him anymore.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Wait a minute... i will do a copy paste for next year and next one after.... Edmonton need a goalie

And no Yamamoto wont get a real no1 goalie for Edmonton
We will just have to keep Yamamoto then :(
Funny seeing Habs fans chirping anyone and bashing Yama who has 7 pts in last 3 games and a period

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You basically have an AHL team except for like 3 or 4 players lol. Armia would actually help you. Habs are rebuilding and don’t need him anymore.
And Habs would be at the bottom of the league if they......
Nvm

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
My post made you mad? Did I say something that isn’t true?
Not mad, just don't get why u feel the need to bash Oilers ... You seriously think outside of 4 players everyone on Oilers are AHL level players? If that was the case Oilers would be dipping into waivers pickups.
Even if they have a couple AHL/NHL tweeners you can't just not factor in the top 4 guys since they take up 25%-%35 of Oilers cap

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Not mad, just don't get why u feel the need to bash Oilers ... You seriously think outside of 4 players everyone on Oilers are AHL level players? If that was the case Oilers would be dipping into waivers pickups.
Even if they have a couple AHL/NHL tweeners you can't just not factor in the top 4 guys since they take up 25%-%35 of Oilers cap
I’m just sick of their shit. I want to see them win. They are wasting 2 of the best players of their generation. If they can’t win with those 2, it will be a travesty. And it’s looking like they won’t.

Teams in the past that had the best player in the world all ended up getting it done, but somehow the Oilers have TWO of the top-5 best players in the world, including the undisputed current #1, and they are going to find a way to blow it. It will be unprecedented.

They deserve all the shit they get.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

My dude. This is small dick energy. Bouchard, a defenseman, would be our second highest scoring player. We're in no position to be throwing stones. We got a lucky run on the backs of Price and Weber who basically broke their bodies for one last shot.

I don't think you need to tell Edmonton fan their team has a lot of holes. They know. But we haven't exactly been all that better. We just got lucky at the right time. No reason to throw unprovoked shade.

As for the trade itself. I mean, as a Habs fan, sure! I have no idea why Edmonton would do it though. Holy shit it's awful for them. :laugh:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I’m just sick of their shit. I want to see them win. They are wasting 2 of the best players of their generation. If they can’t win with those 2, it will be a travesty. And it’s looking like they won’t.

Teams in the past that had the best player in the world all ended up getting it done, but somehow the Oilers have TWO of the top-5 best players in the world, including the undisputed current #1, and they are going to find a way to blow it. It will be unprecedented.

Oilers are not Armia + Allen away from 'winning' so you don't really want to see EDM winning but MTL adding more 1sts.

Oilers need Edmundson more than Armia ..if someone offers a 3rd for guys like Armia and Allen you take n run.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I could see the Oilers going for Allen if there are no better options available at a reasonable price.
Armia is overpaid, but could be a playoff contributor.

But a 1st ? For pieces that are clearly in the "better than doing nothing. I guess" category? Nope.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
lol you don't need him because hes trash and you guys are tied to him for another 3 seasons. Lol AHL team while being a fan of the worst team in the league.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Oh, you just want to see the Oilers win. Sure you do.

I too woke up this morning and thought what could save this franchise and the 1st name that popped in my head was Joel Armia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad