Proposal: MTL & NASH

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
you think Stamkos and Marchesseault signed there for a rebuild ? WTF is wrong with you guys

Montreal must be in “win now” mode. They traded 1st round picks and prospects, including a 3rd overall pick recently! Maybe they should be trading 1sts for guys like Luke Schenn. Maybe even throw in a 2nd for retention.

See how dumb this sounds? Seriously, there are now more than your gatekeeping “2 or 3” telling you absolutely not.

Reactions: Fatass and Viqsi

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Did Nashville give up any 1st or 2nd round picks to get either of them? Any picks at all? No?

Damn. Almost like signing free agents and trading for high dollar 2nd pair D are totally different things. Every Nashville fan in this thread has said, “no,” pretty good indication to stop trying to make it work.

High dollar?

Are you serious?

4,88 mil for a 60 pts defenseman is not "high dollar".

You can downplay Matheson all you want but still, his salary/contract is not a problem. Far from it...

Last edited:

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Montreal must be in “win now” mode. They traded 1st round picks and prospects, including a 3rd overall pick recently! Maybe they should be trading 1sts for guys like Luke Schenn. Maybe even throw in a 2nd for retention.

See how dumb this sounds? Seriously, there are now more than your gatekeeping “2 or 3” telling you absolutely not.

Comparing Schenn with Matheson helps your credibility, that's for sure...

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
High dollar?

Are you serious?

4,83 mil for a 60 pts defenseman is not "high dollar".

You can downplay Matheson all you want but still, his salary/contract is not a problem. Far from it...
He wouldn't be a 60 point defenseman in Nashville though.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
He wouldn't be a 60 point defenseman in Nashville though.

Ok but still, 4,88 mil for a 6'2" defenseman that skates like the wind and is a Swiss army knife, it's certainly not "high dollar" per actual NHL standards...

Last edited:

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
High dollar?

Are you serious?

4,88 mil for a 60 pts defenseman is not "high dollar".

Yes, high dollar. He’s due $13.5M for this season and next. I didn’t say high cap hit.

He’s a 2nd pairing defender. I didn’t say his contract was a problem by itself, but he’s not replacing Josi on the Preds powerplay, and his career average points/82 games in the other 8 seasons of his career is 30.5, minus the one outlier year last year, which is almost certainly more indicative of who he is, given he’s over 30 years old, not some rookie who burst onto the scene with 60 points at 22. On nearly every team with a competent defensive corps, he’s at best a 3, and often a 4.

For a rebuilding team like the Preds, he’s not worth a 1st and 2nd round pick like the original proposal, as evidenced by fans of every team but MTL pointing out how one-sided this was.

Comparing Schenn with Matheson helps your credibility, that's for sure...

Thanks for the feedback. Asking a rebuilding team to trade a 1st and 2nd for a high dollar, 2nd pair defenseman, then debating with the rest of the league’s fans that it’s fair value surely adds tons of credibility as well.

If you couldn’t make sense of the hyperbolic comparison, you could have just moved on.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Yes, high dollar. He’s due $13.5M for this season and next. I didn’t say high cap hit.

He’s a 2nd pairing defender. I didn’t say his contract was a problem by itself, but he’s not replacing Josi on the Preds powerplay, and his career average points/82 games in the other 8 seasons of his career is 30.5, minus the one outlier year last year, which is almost certainly more indicative of who he is, given he’s over 30 years old, not some rookie who burst onto the scene with 60 points at 22. On nearly every team with a competent defensive corps, he’s at best a 3, and often a 4.

For a rebuilding team like the Preds, he’s not worth a 1st and 2nd round pick like the original proposal, as evidenced by fans of every team but MTL pointing out how one-sided this was.

Thanks for the feedback. Asking a rebuilding team to trade a 1st and 2nd for a high dollar, 2nd pair defenseman, then debating with the rest of the league’s fans that it’s fair value surely adds tons of credibility as well.

If you couldn’t make sense of the hyperbolic comparison, you could have just moved on.
Preds are rebuilding team now LMAO. I guess that is one way to spin it now that the team started the season the way they did. What a way to move the goalposts.

They win the next 10, let me guess, cup contenders all sudden.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Preds are rebuilding team now LMAO. I guess that is one way to spin it now that the team started the season the way they did. What a way to move the goalposts.

They win the next 10, let me guess, cup contenders all sudden.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. Take it from the several Preds fans in here all saying it. I assume they probably know more about their team than other fans do. Especially since they’ve been trading players away and collecting draft capital to include 3 1st round picks this year.

Why would I assume they weren’t rebuilding if their fans say so? And why would you assume they’d be considered Cup contenders if they won their next 10? Did anyone seriously think that about them last year when they won like 18 in a row or whatever it was?

This is why I don’t get these threads. One fan base proposes something silly, everyone else says obviously no, original fan base proceeds to try to crap on the other team.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Nashville is having a real bad start this year.
LD seems weak.
Top 9 and RD is great.

With Nashville having 3 first pick could they try to get a top 4 LHD to help out ?

MTL : Matheson (50%)
for
NASH : First pick : the 2nd best between the 3. + Cap dumb to fit the cap ? + a 2nd Tampa maybe for taking cap back and retention on Matheson. ?

This is nuts....

Reactions: Fatass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad