Proposal: Mtl / LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
LA's center depth
Kopitar
Byfield (LA has already stated that they intent to use him at center)
Danault
Lewis/Turcotte (who looks ready to play full time in the NHL)

no need for another 4th line Center at this time.
Came here to say this.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
LA's center depth
Kopitar
Byfield (LA has already stated that they intent to use him at center)
Danault
Lewis/Turcotte (who looks ready to play full time in the NHL)

no need for another 4th line Center at this time.
That's fantastic depth. Kopitar is still very valuable, then you have the offensively gifted Byfield who has room to grow, and rounding it out his Danault, who is just about as ideal a 3C as a team could ask for. I don't know enough about Lewis/Turcotte to comment but that top3 is solid

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
we dont really need 3rd or 4th round picks so i rather just keep Evans

Yeah. I get the motivation of trying to "make room" for a young guy looking good in camp...but these aren't necessarily the sort of things you need to be in a huge rush to do. Looking good in camp doesn't always mean that guy is fully ready for the long grind of an entire NHL season.

And on the other end, more layers of depth > less depth. Inevitably, injuries will hit. Plus, Evans isn't a spectacular player, but he's at least a solid, reliable vet with some versatility and ability to take on some less cushy offensive minutes, eat PK duties, etc. I think that's a guy you'd want to keep around for a bit to help continue to insulate some younger players if you can.

And finally, i think Evans is probably the sort of player who is worth a little bit more at the deadline anyway. Where teams will actually pay a better draft pick/prospect for defensively reliable 3rd/4th line depth Centers who can kill penalties and aren't an utter black hole offensively. Where they like to stack that sort of depth as deeply as they can. Where they often have injuries and more "effective cap space" to work with in building that up.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
We already convert center to wingers.
Where is all that "LA needs a center" coming fom?

We already convert center to wingers.
Where is all that "LA needs a center" coming fom?
Same articles that proposed Montreal moving a C. I got the feeling it was a transient need, it may have just been BS clickbait.

The level of center we need, your team doesn't have.
Problem is, fans always think their team shouldn't acquire anything but high end players, yet most trades are not for all stars.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Same articles that proposed Montreal moving a C. I got the feeling it was a transient need, it may have just been BS clickbait.
It's all clickbait and ball bearings nowadays

images

Reactions: pth2

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Problem is, fans always think their team shouldn't acquire anything but high end players, yet most trades are not for all stars.

Doesn't matter. We have multiple centers for every line except 1C. And your team doesn't have a 1C. We also need a 1D and a 1G but that's another matter. Otherwise for 2nd tier players, we have "excellent depth".

So, you're statement is a fallacy. Just because you've seen people ask only for high end players, doesn't mean they and particularly we (LAK) don't need only high end players.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It’d be one thing if they had a young player with more upside, to fill the same role. If they had a Peyton Krebs like guy, who will likely end up a very good 3C in another couple of years.

They don’t have that player. So unless they’re acquiring one, or even a Kampf, then there’s no reason to trade him at all.
WHat are you talking about? Beck and Kapanen are a year away at most and far more talented than Krebs.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles

Also, you Montreal fans don't exactly have the best record on HFB trade proposals.

Sincerely,
- Ryder, Halak and a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad