Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Juraj Slafkovsky signs extension with the Canadiens (8 years, $7.6M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Dude was 19 for the majority of the year and scored at a 70 point pace in the second half. Yea it was a weaker draft but he was a 1st overall pick for a reason. There’s always risk with these but some people are really overrating the potential to go sideways. It also doesn’t kick in until 25-26. If he put up a 70+ point year this year he’d get more than this.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm sure habs fan will attack me but why sign him to this deal now?
Year one he was not great, year two he had a stretch that looked better than it was because of how bad he was before.
Why not wait to see how this season goes because even if he breaks out he's still not going to get more than this based of one season.
Because if he plays like he did from January on he will eclipse the value of this deal in year one?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Year one he was not great, year two he had a stretch that looked better than it was because of how bad he was before.
Why not wait to see how this season goes because even if he breaks out he's still not going to get more than this based of one season.

That is an incorrect statement.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Slaf scored 42 pts in his last 51 games (and 32 pts in his last 35 games).
He's already a legit top line player and that was his 19 year old season. He also brings a lot more than just scoring pts.

He could very well be a ppg player as soon as next season.
7.6 M is a steal, especially considering how much the cap will increase the next few years.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I know bridge contracts aren't thing anymore but ,, Really?
This is a contract based on projection, like the Jack Hughes one. 1OV pick 2 years ago, already 50 points. This is the going rate.
I mean it's probably going to work out but next 50 pt kid for Habs is going to point to this and say "Pay me"
If another 19 years old produce and shows what Slafkovsky has shown this season, I will have no problem with Montreal paying him his worth.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Yer a Slav, Kovsky
1719864495039.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad