Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Juraj Slafkovsky signs extension with the Canadiens (8 years, $7.6M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Good deal. Slaf was starting to breakout last year so I’m not sure why he was in a rush to sign an extension.

This is why it’s important to have an internal cap set by your best player. Suzuki’s AAV keeps all other AAVs down.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I'm sure habs fan will attack me but why sign him to this deal now?
Year one he was not great, year two he had a stretch that looked better than it was because of how bad he was before.
Why not wait to see how this season goes because even if he breaks out he's still not going to get more than this based of one season.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Certainly going to pay him more than he's "worth" right now. Hope is obviously that he grows into that contract.

Other thing to consider is that he'll only be 21 when the deal starts. That basically gives 4 full years to see whether or not he's earned his contract. If he hasn't. he can still be bought out, though with 5 years left, at only 1/3rd of the hit, unless they change the rules in the next CBA.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
This could be a good deal in 2-3 years but it'd look even better if the Habs made a couple of moves to improve the team now.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The reactions in this thread show how little people actually watch the Habs.

Most Habs fans were going to be happy if it was under 8.25 and some members of our media were speculating 8.5+.

This is a great contract, he put up 50 points as a 19 year old. If he progresses at all given his physical and defensive game its fair value if he gets to 60-65 points. This is going to be a steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad