Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Gustav Lindstrom signs with the Canadiens (1 year, two-way) - placed on waivers

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
It probably goes, starting from 5th :

- Xhekaj
- Struble
- Barron
- Mailloux
- Trudeau
- Engstrom

(There's probaby Reinbacher somewhere but he's not there ATM).

Feels weird to me to sign Lindström to have in the minors. Perfect 7th imo but I'm guessing most of the kids are up in that age now where they have to try to make the team and/or are not waiver exempt?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Feels weird to me to sign Lindström to have in the minors. Perfect 7th imo but I'm guessing most of the kids are up in that age now where they have to try to make the team and/or are not waiver exempt?
Barron isn't waivers-exempt and there's no way Lindstrom is above Struble on the depth chart.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
He is cheap, has NHL experience and is serviceable. The basic requirements for a 7th defenseman.

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
Reinbacher replacement in Laval for the short term

Barron would have to pass waiver. I think only Hutson would be waiver exempt

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Struble and Xhekaj are still waiver exempt.

Lindstrom was signed purely in response to Reinbacher's injury.

If he gets NHL playing time, it would be because the team is depleted by injuries/trade and that they judge Mailloux isn't ready to be called up.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Wasn’t sure he’s get another chance before returning to Sweden for good, and having a pretty good career there. We all know what he is. He’s not gonna kill you playing here and there. He will get exposed the more he plays.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Decent singing for Habs with Reinbacher out for a good deal of the season, and when he does get back, he'll almost certainly be behind schedule on being ready for some NHL games late season.

Kind of weird from Lindstrom's perspective though. Habs have so much clutter at the bottom of their roster on defence. Even with Kovacevic traded, they have what, like half a dozen+ guys all sort of competing for #5/6/7 jobs? Most of them on the young, developing side too, where Montreal is really going to want to see what those guys still have to offer in terms of "upside". Seems kind of like Lindstrom resigning himself to the idea that he's going to be in the AHL, hoping for some call-ups.

He's not an impact player, but i do think he's an NHLer. Even if that's as a serviceable #7 guy who doesn't really stand out. Surprised a big RHD couldn't find a spot elsewhere to walk right into an NHL 6/7 role. Unless he really just loves Montreal/Laval and the way the organization operates. There's obviously a degree of familiarity/comfort there.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad