Proposal: Mtl-Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Since the hiring of Hudler and the rumors of Nuke retruning to Russia, here is my proposition form Mtl :

Beaulieu + Andrighetto

vs

Nichushkin + Lindell

Beaulieu's value = Nuke
Lindell's = Andrighetto

Aside Nuke's situation with the team, Dallas actual needs are on D while Habs actualy need another top 6 winger.

In that trade, each team get immediate help where they need it but also get a nhl ready replacement piece. Andrighetto is the perfect piece to play on the third line while producing a decent amount of point and can effectively replaces on the 2nd line if needed.

Lindell would have to battle for a spot on the rsoter with Barberio and Sergachev right now but surely would be a great piece to have when Markov and Emelin are gone in two years.

Thoughts??

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Nuke>Bealieu
Lindell>>Ghetto

Stars fans are gonna hate this.

Well I'm a Habs fan and wouldn't think of trading Nate for Nuke, Beaulieu is not only more of an immediate need for us he's the better player

Don't know Lindell enough to speak on his value against Ghetto

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Wouldn't do this as a Habs fan.

Beaulieu is already a top4 defenseman and play with Weber will only make him better and better.

Andrighetto has a 50pts potential if he plays 82 games on the top6 with some PP time.

I've rarey seen Lindell play though.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Wouldn't do this as a Habs fan.

Beaulieu is already a top4 defenseman and play with Weber will only make him better and better.

Andrighetto has a 50pts potential if he plays 82 games on the top6 with some PP time.

I've rarey seen Lindell play though.

Beaulieu is better than Nuke right now.

Ghetto is better than Lindell right now.

But i would say Nuke has a way higher ceiling than Ghetto.

Lindell would be good but better than Beaulieu?? I don't think so. In fact, i think Lindell is Beaulieu but 2 years behind. Remember two years ago, when we weren't sure Beaulieu was going to make it??

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Nichushin should def be used in a package for a defenseman. This offer's as good as anything else I've seen.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Well I'm a Habs fan and wouldn't think of trading Nate for Nuke, Beaulieu is not only more of an immediate need for us he's the better player

Don't know Lindell enough to speak on his value against Ghetto

I agree Beaulieu is the better player right now. But don't forget about Sergachev who might be as good, as soon as next year. So i disagree to say he is more of a need right now because we still have Markov and Emelin. He will be a big need next year or in two years but then, we would have Sergachev and Lindell.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
No from Habs. I'd keep Beaulieu over Nichushkin easily.

I'd do Andrighetto for Lindell though.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Of course you do its the worst part of an awful deal for Dallas.

in your opinion. I think the player with the most value in the deal is Beaulieu, which doesn't make it a bad deal for Dallas, in term of value. I understand you guys want to keep Lindell though.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
If anything it's awful for Montreal, Bealieu >>>>> Nuke. Can't comment on Lindell but Andrighetto is a good forward that's young and will probably score 20 goals regularly soon.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Beaulieu is better than Nuke right now.

Ghetto is better than Lindell right now.

But i would say Nuke has a way higher ceiling than Ghetto.

Lindell would be good but better than Beaulieu?? I don't think so. In fact, i think Lindell is Beaulieu but 2 years behind. Remember two years ago, when we weren't sure Beaulieu was going to make it??

Not saying it isn't fair value or anything! Just that I wouldn't do it as a Habs fan and actually Dallas fans probably won't do it either. Nuke of course has a higher ceiling than Ghetto but I don't think he'll end up reaching it. Not a bad proposal at all!

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Isn't Nuke a KHL flight risk?
Why would we give up a top 4 young D in return for watching an, under producing, young forward leave?
Also, Nuke is RW and believe it or not, Habs aren't in the market for one anymore, especially a bottom 6 one.
As for Lindell, no idea. Don't know enough about him to comment.

Andrighetto (RW), 23yrs old, 5.10, 187lbs
2015/16: GP: 44, G: 7, A: 10, Pts: 17

Nichushkin (RW), 21yrs old, 6.04, 205lbs
2015/16: GP: 79, G: 9, A: 20, Pts: 29

Beaulieu (LD), 23yrs old, 6.02, 205lbs
2015/16: GP: 64, G: 2, A: 17, Pts: 19

Lindell (LD), 22yrs old, 6.03, 210lbs
2015/16: only 4 NHL games with no stats

Last edited:

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Doesn't make any sense for the Stars. I have a hard time comparing defensemen to forwards considering their usage is entirely different.

Nichushkin may or may not be better overall than Andrighetto right now (haven't seen much of his play), but he still outproduces him even while being entirely underwhelming and not playing to his potential. Also, the Stars seem to be pretty high on Lindell and I doubt they'll move him without giving him a real shot in the NHL to see how he can do.Beaulieu is not a bad defenseman, but I don't think he would have a big enough impact to have the Stars even consider this trade.

I think both teams would be fine keeping what they have and seeing how they develop. Personally, I'd rather see Nuke traded off in a package for a definite upgrade on defense or in net rather than making an entirely lateral move at best.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
The only trade for a D that makes sense is one that unquestionably pushes Hamhuis to the 2nd pairing and Oduya to the 3rd.

Beaulieu doesn't do that and adding Lindell to Nuke makes this laughable. This whole flight risk thing is blowing up because of the signing but I really don't see it happening. Nichuskin is definately available but he won't be traded just because we signed Hudler. We can still easily keep both

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Tough to comment on that one because I think Habs fan cannot comment on Esa Lindell and I also think that the Stars fan will not understand that Ghetto is on the pace to be our top 6 forward. So nobody around can realy size the value of the OP

But Beaulieu is not a top 4 anymore, he's our top 2 paired so I doubt we'll trade him for someone like Nuke. I dont think its a good bet. With the Weber and Shaw trades, MB want to win now

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
No thank you from Montreal. Beaulieu has more value than Nuke right now though Nuke has the higher potential but with all that's happened with him and rumours of him going to the K, we'll pass. We also need our LD more than another average forward with potential

Cant comment on Lindell, but Ghetto is good and we'll keep him

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I know a lot of Habs proposals are ridiculous, but I'm having a hard time registering how Nichushkin is more valuable than Beaulieu at this point.

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I know a lot of Habs proposals are ridiculous, but I'm having a hard time registering how Nichushkin is more valuable than Beaulieu at this point.

It's likely that some folks are willing to give him more of a pass on last season since he was coming back from a major injury in hopes that he reaches his potential. Unfortunately, I think the likelihood of that happening isn't very high unless he suddenly puts it all together or finds a perfect situation somewhere else, whether in the NHL or KHL.

He has flashes where he's damn good and you can see why he was drafted so highly and then it just fizzles out and he floats around for a few games. I don't know if it's confidence issues, lack of hockey sense, or both, but the more he plays, the less faith I have in him. He's still young though, so he could certainly get everything on track. I really wish they would've let him stay in the KHL for a season or two before bringing him over. I don't think he was ready.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Accuse me of homerism,

but there's no way to justify Nuke having more value than Beaulieu, please.

On the other hand, Lindell>Ghetto but I really do like Ghetto so I'd prefer to keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad