Proposal: MTL/DAL - an hanznlear deal

Aug 25, 2009
éal
There's rumors Dallas might be interested in Karl Alzner and have sent scouts to Habs game for this reason. I dont know if this is true, but if it is Montréal would probably have to retain salary because Dallas are close to the cap, and also absorb a big contract.

I was thinking of Martin Hanzal, which is still injured, but is expected to come back. With Dickinson having a breakout season down the middle, and Faksa/Spezza/Seguin playing important role as centreman, there's no room for Hanzal in the Stars lineup. His cap hit is 4,75M$ for this season and next year until his contract expire.

He's a good fit in Montréal. They can afford his salary no problem, and their fourth line has been a mess the whole year. Peca have been a disappointment. Chaput is our only centre that can win faceoff but he's bad at everything else. Hanzal would add some stability to that fourth line.

Alzner contract is two years longer, but his cap hit is a bit less (100k less) and the Stars can save even more yearly with the Habs eating some salary (10% ? 20%? )

So, is it a good match? Alzner (15% retained) for Hanzal ? Picks thrown here or there? An hanznlear deal?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars seem to be excited for Hanzal coming back and if healthy he is an important player for us.

With that being said, he's definitely not gonna be healthy for long

Any Habs wingers available if we added Honka?

I will agree though, there isn't really any room for Hanzal on this roster.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Stars seem to be excited for Hanzal coming back and if healthy he is an important player for us.

With that being said, he's definitely not gonna be healthy for long

Any Habs wingers available if we added Honka?

I will agree though, there isn't really any room for Hanzal on this roster.
Can Honka play the left side at all? With Juulsen, Petry and Weber, he doesnt fit well...

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
What is the deal with Alzner? Has he forgotten to play hockey completely? Or can he play, but is severely over-payed?

I thought he'd make a decent replacement for Methot (the guy can't stay healthy), but the fact that he was waived after 8 games, tells me that he might be no better than the AHL guys on our bottom pair.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Can Honka play the left side at all? With Juulsen, Petry and Weber, he doesnt fit well...

Honka would be nice to get Juulsen off the third pair and playing 20+ minutes a night in Laval with Mete. Before Weber returned, Juulsen was only getting 14 minutes(ish) a night I think.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
What is the deal with Alzner? Has he forgotten to play hockey completely? Or can he play, but is severely over-payed?

I thought he'd make a decent replacement for Methot (the guy can't stay healthy), but the fact that he was waived after 8 games, tells me that he might be no better than the AHL guys on our bottom pair.

I think at the right salary he'd still be a tradeable asset. He is nothing more than a 5/6 at this moment though.

Reactions: Vachon23
Aug 25, 2009
éal

Honestly he's pretty bad but he might not be a lost cause. He's playing nervously with Montréal knowing he will get blamed for every mistake.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Nill inexplicably think Hanzal is/will be a top 6 forward for us. So I dont see him being moved for that reason. Also I feel like there is a 90% chance dude is injured within a week of coming back

Also I hope the alzer rumours are false because I dont want to touch that contract.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Personally I’m not interested. I’m sure Alzner can still be serviceable, but he’s on a 4 year contract while Hanzal is only on a 2 year contract.

Seems like Spezza is starting to transition to being a winger who will take face offs, which I think is a good role for him. I think when Hanzal is back we should try this;

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Hintz - Dickinson - Spezza
Nichushkin - Faksa - Pitlick
Shore/Janmark - Hanzal - Comeau

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
No. Alzner has admitted himself that he's disabled. I don't know what's wrong with people that they give him a huge contract and then are willing to trade for him after he's admitted his hands don't work anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad