Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] D Arber Xhekaj re-signs with the Canadiens (2 years, $1.3M AAV)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Do you just get notifications anytime a Habs thread pops up? All you ever do is show up to shit on the Habs. Give it a rest and find a team to cheer for instead of spending all your time cheering against another.
1. He only pops up up in threads related to Xhekaj
2. He mostly posts stats and then talks about them. If you don't like his stats you can argue against them or just simply say "eye test say's your wrong".
3. Ignore function exists.
4. He is a fan of a team.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
1. He only pops up up in threads related to Xhekaj
2. He mostly posts stats and then talks about them. If you don't like his stats you can argue against them or just simply say "eye test say's your wrong".
3. Ignore function exists.
4. He is a fan of a team.
1. Not true.
2. He puts forward a flawed picture and his stats don't tell the whole story.
3. You should try it.
4. Then maybe focus on that team instead of Montreal.

• Haha
Reactions: dirtydanglez

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
1. Not true.
2. He puts forward a flawed picture and his stats don't tell the whole story.
3. You should try it.
4. Then maybe focus on that team instead of Montreal.
The vast majority of his posts about the Habs are related to Xhekaj, He sometimes posts in thread a Hab fan made where they are asking how great the team is or how their prospects stack up to other ones. The OP is the one who invites people to answer their questions and give a critique about it. Blame the Habs fan for starting the thread.

If he puts forward a flawed picture and the stats don't tell the whole picture then Explain "the whole picture", All I see most of the time is people responding to his posts with "This guy doesn't watch Habs games" which personally doesn't seem like an adequate response.

Personally I like it when Gib's gets challenged on his takes, makes for a more interesting read.

Anyways, Congratulations on the Xhekaj resigning.:thumbu:

Reactions: dgibb10

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The vast majority of his posts about the Habs are related to Xhekaj, He sometimes posts in thread a Hab fan made where they are asking how great the team is or how their prospects stack up to other ones. The OP is the one who invites people to answer their questions and give a critique about it. Blame the Habs fan for starting the thread.

If he puts forward a flawed picture and the stats don't tell the whole picture then Explain "the whole picture", All I see most of the time is people responding to his posts with "This guy doesn't watch Habs games" which personally doesn't seem like an adequate response.

Personally I like it when Gib's gets challenged on his takes, makes for a more interesting read.

Anyways, Congratulations on the Xhekaj resigning.:thumbu:
That's simply not true. He's in seemingly every main boards thread about the Habs looking to attack the team and players.

Blame the OP for posting a factual re-signing?

There is ample footage available about Xhekaj on YouTube, or during games. All he does is cite a few odd stats in isolation and without context. I don't know how you could possibly expect me to respond here aside from "watch him" when the whole argument is that he DOES NOT watch Xhekaj.

Cheers. We're happy about the signing!

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Excellent deal. No risk and he has tons of potential. His puck skills, mobility and transition are better than what you'd expect for someone known for being a fighter/tough guy. Discipline is where he needs to improve, but his age suggests he can do it easily.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Xhekaj won't get the chance to be a top 4 in Montreal because we'll have Guhle, Hutson, Reinbacher, and Mailloux in the top 4, but he's got the talent to become a 2nd pairing dman.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
That's simply not true. He's in seemingly every main boards thread about the Habs looking to attack the team and players.

Blame the OP for posting a factual re-signing?

There is ample footage available about Xhekaj on YouTube, or during games. All he does is cite a few odd stats in isolation and without context. I don't know how you could possibly expect me to respond here aside from "watch him" when the whole argument is that he DOES NOT watch Xhekaj.

Cheers. We're happy about the signing!
My claims about xhekaj:

he is very undisciplined. I have provided evidence to back this up, and recieved none to the contrary.
He is not a special teams contributor. I have provided evidence to back this up (him not being given opportunities on one of the worst special teams units in hockey), and recieved none to the contrary
He does not play against difficult competition. I have provided evidence to back this up, and recieved none to the contrary.
He struggles defensively. I have provided evidence to back this up, and have seen none to the contrary.

I believe all of this combined makes arber xhekaj an ineffective hockey player, and a net negative for any team trying to win hockey games.

I am actually quite high on Guhle (future top pairing dman), Slaf (Brady Tkachuk+), Suzuki (already a quality 1C), Newhook (top 6 quality player), and Montembault (I have him as more valuable than Markstrom btw).

I am low on Dach (ineffective even strength producer), Xhekaj (for all the reasons listed above), and Matheson (not particularly effective 5v5, PK, or PP imo).

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I need him on the New York Rangers.

City would embrace him more than Rempe, he's a better player. Rangers have holes @ LD.

Be our scumbag after Trouba hopefully departs

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Do you just get notifications anytime a Habs thread pops up? All you ever do is show up to shit on the Habs. Give it a rest and find a team to cheer for instead of spending all your time cheering against another.
Got to love Habs fans posting on the main boards then getting mad because non Habs fans have opinions that aren’t over the top optimistic like Habs fans are. Stay in the safe space of the Habs board if you can’t handle it.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Got to love Habs fans posting on the main boards then getting mad because non Habs fans have opinions that aren’t over the top optimistic like Habs fans are. Stay in the safe space of the Habs board if you can’t handle it.
Thanks for the input! You really contributed to this conversation about the excellent contract.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Thanks for the input! You really contributed to this conversation about the excellent contract.
He got what he was worth. The value of a 7th defenseman that will run the bus back and fourth from the AHL.

Back to your whining about posters posting their opinions.

Reactions: tilly123123

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I'll never forget how Weber and Chiarot were rag-dolling the Leafs in the playoffs.

Well, these two are younger, faster, bigger and meaner then Weber who could barely skate and ok Chiarot. Weber offense was his slapper, that X already has. Mailman offense is at another level to Ciarot.

Drop the puck already...I want to see the carnage.
lol I agree they skate better. Then again, Weber and Chiarot didn't need to be as fast as Mailman and Wifi will need to be because they dont have a goalie who can handle the "first pass" the way Price did. That definitely allowed bargain bin to get away with loading up on D "plowers" that could barely outskate the zamboni

Reactions: HabsAddict

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I need him on the New York Rangers.

City would embrace him more than Rempe, he's a better player. Rangers have holes @ LD.

Be our scumbag after Trouba hopefully departs
My fear as a Habs fan is that something like this will eventually happen. We have a lot of promising D prospects on the way and only a few openings. Arber Xhekaj would be loved come playoff time by any team that gets him, especially when the whistles go away and the play gets rougher. He has warts but is still young and can improve and I just hope that he doesn't do it elsewhere.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad