Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
So much crow to go around

eating-crow.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

ijuka

May 14, 2016
CBJ should cut their losses and waive Domi already. I've watched 3 games and the guy's completely useless.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
I always thought Montreal won this trade from the beginning. Granted I didn’t think it was by much. But after only 11 games into the season it’s looking really good on Montreal’s end.

It’ll be really interesting to see the stats at the end of the season if both guys are able to stay healthy.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
in other words you were clearly wrong, and dont know what youre talking about

Ill draw a picture next time
Yeah im the first person ever to be wrong on this forum and you sure let me know about it. You real mad bro.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I always thought Montreal won this trade from the beginning. Granted I didn’t think it was by much. But after only 11 games into the season it’s looking really good on Montreal’s end.

It’ll be really interesting to see the stats at the end of the season if both guys are able to stay healthy.
Montreal won the trade how it looks now but theres alot less talent on CBJ.

I dont watch montreal games too often but Suzuki is alot better to play with than whoever Domi was.

However now Domi has Laine. we will see if those points start to rise.
Anderson looks really good again. good for him because he took alot of s*** this past offseason.

This is also a funny season too. were going to see some players breakout that likely wouldnt have in a regular scheduled season.
playing the same 6 or 7 teams like 8 times is going to inflate some players stats imo

Reactions: Gagnefan924

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
So I'm guessing you were the 1 of 100 posters on here was a Montreal fan who said this was a good trade?

A good 90-95 percent of the fanbase wanted Bergevins head on a stick after that trade. He didn't get enough.. 1 goal last year etc..
*scurries to search own post history on the subject*

Yes...I was 100% wrong and deeply regret using the term “fleeced” with reference to Marc Bergevin.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
People in here seem to think that the people, like myself, who loved this trade from the get-go think Domi was trash or something like that; that's not even remotely true...Domi's a good kid with the potential to be a Top 6 difference maker; he's just not the player he seems to think he is...Domi's better on the wing but wants to be a centre, Domi's a good 2nd line talent but thinks he's a Top Line star, Domi's got a bad penchant for trying to "junior-move" into the O-zone 1-on-2 or 1-on-3 and it's infuriating to see him do it multiple times a game every game despite the fact that it almost never does anything but cause an odd-man rush the other way...Domi's flaws are far more in his head than in his ability; unfortunately, he's as hard-headed and stubborn as his Old Man and coaches get tired of it after awhile (just wait a few more games until he & Torts have their first dance-card, it's gonna be Must-See-TV)...

Reactions: BSHH and Nevins

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Both teams satisfied needs. Columbus likely will get higher point production out of Domi. Habs get the presence they have been missing since... the 70's. Josh Anderson should make Suzuki/Drouin better.

For the Habs, Josh Anderson >>> Domi from a needs standpoint.

I was right about Josh Anderson's impact on the Habs and wrong about Domi's on the Jackets! Thus far...

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
We will see, the main concern for MTL is that contract they gave Andy, if he stays healthy, MTL wins big time but if it turns into a bad one, CBJ has the opportunity to have won this. I haven't been impressed with Domi and I have always like Anderson, but that contract is scary, there is a lot of years on it. Domi makes a lot of stupid plays and tries to dangle people all the time and he's not particularly good at it. So unless Domi picks it up, it appears to be a clear win for MTL

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
We will see, the main concern for MTL is that contract they gave Andy, if he stays healthy, MTL wins big time but if it turns into a bad one, CBJ has the opportunity to have won this. I haven't been impressed with Domi and I have always like Anderson, but that contract is scary, there is a lot of years on it. Domi makes a lot of stupid plays and tries to dangle people all the time and he's not particularly good at it. So unless Domi picks it up, it appears to be a clear win for MTL

As has been previously posted, he'll be 33 at his contract's end and you can't base his deal off of "what if's"...

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
As has been previously posted, he'll be 33 at his contract's end and you can't base his deal off of "what if's"...
You can base the trade off of it. Andy was traded because Jarmo wasn't going to give him 8 years or whatever he wanted. You certainly can't judge the trade based off of 10 games either by the same logic

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
You can base the trade off of it. Andy was traded because Jarmo wasn't going to give him 8 years or whatever he wanted. You certainly can't judge the trade based off of 10 games either by the same logic

I don't; I based my opinion off of watching Anderson for the last 3 years (he's been a mainstay in my pool three years running...even last year while mostly on IR) and watching Domi every game since the Galchenyuk trade...Domi was never going to be a Top 6 C here and that's all he whined about, while anyone could see that Anderson brought exactly what the Habs have been missing...no brainer for me...

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Yeah im the first person ever to be wrong on this forum and you sure let me know about it. You real mad bro.

Why on earth would he be mad about you saying Anderson was trash when even CBJ fans are saying Anderson is better? He also supports the habs and the habs easily won the trade. So again why on earth would he be mad?

Reactions: Andrei79

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I don't; I based my opinion off of watching Anderson for the last 3 years (he's been a mainstay in my pool three years running...even last year while mostly on IR) and watching Domi every game since the Galchenyuk trade...Domi was never going to be a Top 6 C here and that's all he whined about, while anyone could see that Anderson brought exactly what the Habs have been missing...no brainer for me...
Definitely a good trade for MTL, it all depends on if Andy can stay healthy for me. To me Domi hasn't been good we'll see in a year

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Definitely a good trade for MTL, it all depends on if Andy can stay healthy for me. To me Domi hasn't been good we'll see in a year

The quicker Domi comes to realizing what he is and what he isn't, the better this deal will get for the Jackets...again, Max is a good kid who has the talent and the drive to succeed...

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Why? What happened to justify 7 years at $5.5 million?
this thread is about the trade, not the contract... but right now Anderson is showing to be all of what the Habs wanted in a scoring power forward... Domi in CLB, not so much!

but as for the contract, $5.5M for his prime years looks to be good value IF he isnt too often injured. Time will tell.... term is obviously more than what they wouldve liked, but its what he wanted

Last edited:
Reactions: Habano and BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad