Proposal: Mtl / Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
Calgary: Gallagher, Kulak
Mtl: Monahan, Zadorov
Salaries could work for both teams. Mtl get a quality center and Calgary gets the type of player Sutter loves.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary: Gallagher, Kulak
Mtl: Monahan, Zadorov
Salaries could work for both teams. Mtl get a quality center and Calgary gets the type of player Sutter loves.
No thanks. The Flames don’t want Gallagher for 5 more years
You can have Monahan for a pick if you like

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
no way Habs do this. Monahan is a BUST now Zardorov is way too slow. Gally has more heart then the entire Calgary team and Kulak is just coming into his own.YOU WANT Gally, start with a 1st and keep adding until IT HURTS and your BLEEDING.

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
I thought we were rebuilding? How does it fit that narrative?
There is no such thing as a rebuild in Mtl. Monahan gives mtl 1 more year and Zadorov is UFA next yr. It gives Mtl a few calculated options to consider.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
There are a number of ways to look at this one, but the one that jumps out is that Gallagher's contract is probably not movable right now. Lot of money for a lot of years for a guy whose current game is not where you'd want it, if you're a team looking to acquire help.

I don't think he goes anywhere. Rentals headed for UFA in the summer generally are going to be the assets that go to buyers at the deadline.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
no way Habs do this. Monahan is a BUST now Zardorov is way too slow. Gally has more heart then the entire Calgary team and Kulak is just coming into his own.YOU WANT Gally, start with a 1st and keep adding until IT HURTS and your BLEEDING.
For a guy with 4 goals in a third of a season signed to a monstrous contract? I have loved this player for a long time, but he's got some hard miles and isn't what he was. Even at his peak it's debatable whether he was worth what he is getting paid. He's definitely not now. A 6.5M small winger who doesn't score has negative value.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
For a guy with 4 goals in a third of a season signed to a monstrous contract? I have loved this player for a long time, but he's got some hard miles and isn't what he was. Even at his peak it's debatable whether he was worth what he is getting paid. He's definitely not now. A 6.5M small winger who doesn't score has negative value.
He was on a 30g pace like 6 months ago. He's played injured for a shit team this year.
Not getting any younger, but he's only 29. He's far from finished.
If you're not sure he was ever worth 6.5M, you probably aren't looking at this very objectively or knowledgeably.
He might be a bit overpaid right now, but if he was UFA at the end of the year, many teams would offer 5 years north of 5M.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

I wouldn't touch that counter with a 1000 foot pole, the OP has 6.5+ coming to Calgary for 5 years without taking any cap for those years, Calgary HAS TO resign Johnny, Matthew, Andrew and Oliver this OFFSEASON we're not touching Gally unless there's 50% retention and a decent + on Montreal's side for Monahan, why do Montreal's fans keep trying to shove Byron (the past few years) and now Kulak to us when we GIFTED them to you for nothing.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He was on a 30g pace like 6 months ago. He's played injured for a shit team this year.
Not getting any younger, but he's only 29. He's far from finished.
If you're not sure he was ever worth 6.5M, you probably aren't looking at this very objectively or knowledgeably.
He might be a bit overpaid right now, but if he was UFA at the end of the year, many teams would offer 5 years north of 5M.

Career high was 54 points. Averages 45 points. Good defensively. Small. What would you pay a player like that? He averaged 45 points at his peak.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Career high was 54 points. Averages 45 points. Good defensively. Small. What would you pay a player like that? He averaged 45 points at his peak.
In those years 7.5M.
30+ goals for 5 years, almost all 5vs5.
His peak years were his last 4 years (not 3-4 years ago, less then a year ago) in which he compiled 173pts in 258 games for 0.66 pts/game. The average is actually 55 pts / 82 game, pretty disingenuous to use games that were not played against him to make it 45.. . That's playing against the toughest competition in the league with some of the best advanced stats there are. Using the fact he's small to diminished him is laughable, guy plays twice his size.

We'll be happy to keep him even if he's a bit overpaid for the last years of his contract.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
In those years 7.5M.
His peak years were his last 4 years (not 3-4 years ago, less then a year ago) in which he compiled 173pts in 258 games for 0.66 pts/game. The average is actually 55 pts / 82 game, pretty disingenuous to use games that were not played against him to make it 45.. . That's playing against the toughest competition in the league with some of the best advanced stats there are. Using the fact he's small to diminished him is laughable, guy plays twice his size.

We'll be happy to keep him even if he's a bit overpaid for the last years of his contract.
So what you're saying is he's really valuable to the club while he's out injured?

The reason Ovechkin is the best goal scorer ever is because he's never hurt. You're saying Gallagher averaged 55 points, but he's never once hit the total in his entire career. So no, he hasn't averaged that. He's averaged 45 points like I said. Actually 43.8 in full seasons.

He does play against somewhat difficult competition. For the Flames he would play against the 5th toughest competition so just above average. Saying he plays the toughest competition in the league flat out isn't true.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
So what you're saying is he's really valuable to the club while he's out injured?

The reason Ovechkin is the best goal scorer ever is because he's never hurt. You're saying Gallagher averaged 55 points, but he's never once hit the total in his entire career. So no, he hasn't averaged that. He's averaged 45 points like I said. Actually 43.8 in full seasons.

He does play against somewhat difficult competition. For the Flames he would play against the 5th toughest competition so just above average. Saying he plays the toughest competition in the league flat out isn't true.
Sure if you want. Wow

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

I want to chime in and i do see the Flames point of view,

Gallagher 607 GP -- 357PTS = career average of 49.5

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
In those years 7.5M.

30+ goals for 5 years? :huh:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Honestly don't care one way or another. Montreal doesn't need Zadorov at all and Monahan has been pretty lousy for a while. Kulak is a cheap rental. Gallagher is still really good, but there are legitimate concerns regarding how he'll age.

If the Habs rebuild and they can't get anything for Gallagher (and I'm somewhat skeptical of that, considering how important he was to the team as recently as last season), then fine. But I'm cool with keeping Gally too.

There is no such thing as a rebuild in Mtl. Monahan gives mtl 1 more year and Zadorov is UFA next yr. It gives Mtl a few calculated options to consider.

Enough with this BS. We don't know if Montreal is rebuilding or not, we'll likely find out when Gorton starts to rebuild the front office. But the Habs aren't some magical organization that exists outside the reality that the rest of the NHL operates in. If the new front office decides to rebuild (and its been necessary since at least 2018), then they'll rebuild.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Gallagher is going downhill. His contract is going to be similar to Lucic/Neal sooner than later. They may have to buy him out in a couple years

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No thanks. The Flames don’t want Gallagher for 5 more years
You can have Monahan for a pick if you like
If you are offering 2 x 1st round Flames picks to dump him I would consider it. Otherwise LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad