Proposal: MTL & BOSTON

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Keep in mind, Montreal 's 2nd is likely to be top 40 or so, Boston's first might well be #25. Still doesn't make sense for Boston but also doesn't get Montreal much value for a rental and their last retention slot.

If you were a boston fan and found out your team made that trade for Dvorak who has missed almost 100 games over the last 3 years to injuries and brings one of the most boring games I've ever seen. They are going for a cup, why would they have any interest in him at all. If I were boston I wouldn't want him for free.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Well the point is Boston centerline is their weak position.
Dvorak could sure play on their 3rd line.
Habs makes some room for the youngster like Beck and Heinemen and save 2.2 mil and getting a late first.

Dvorak at 2,2mil for a other 2 years is a great deal.
+ #39 + #71
for

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Habs makes some room for the youngster like Beck and Heinemen and save 2.2 mil and getting a late first.

+ #39 + #71
for

I think they would much rather roll Poitras at 3C and get some youth movement going. And if he isnt' ready this year, they have Geekie, Zacha, Frederic, and perhaps Merkulov that would be in the running. A center that would push down Coyle to the third line would be appealing, but Dvorak isn't that.

Last edited:

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

+ #39 + #71
for

Huh? Is this September 2023?

They made the playoffs with Coyle and Zacha as their 1 and 2 C. They added Lindholm, have Poitras returning, and added depth and faceoff ability in Kastelic. Not the best center group in the league but I'd take Lindholm, Coyle, Zacha, and Poitras over Dvorak.

Hard pass.

Reactions: Skelen

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
No idea we keep posting trades with unwanted Habs players for 1sts.

Either teams don't want to move their 1sts, don't know anything about our unwanted players or are just plain disinterested in proposals like these.

Reactions: montreal

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Dvorak is the most boring, vanilla player in the entire league. Dude is literally the definition of a warm body on skates (is he even warm? somebody check that pulse). 0 emotion, 0 f***s given about anything whatsoever. It's amazing he still pots 30-40 per year given his lethargic, reptilian demeanor.
This post is so accurate :laugh: its weird that hes BFF with Caufield whos the complete opposite i guess they balance eachother out

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
MTL : Dvorak at 50% + 2nd pick 2025 + 3rd pick 2025
for
Boston : first pick 2025
I think if the Habs get another team involved to take 50% of the contract (pay a second to do it) and the Bruins are taking Dvorak at 25% then this might have legs.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Boston needs someone like Dvorak, that’s not bad when they’re only moving down 7-15 spots. If there’s no need, however, this is just meh.
Or they can trade for Dvorak with a pick and not move down. They don't have their own 2nd this year, so I'm not sure why they would use their first to trade down when they could probably offer less and keep their first without getting a 3rd. I guess if this is trade deadline and Bruins find themselves chasing for that president trophy while Montreal is at the bottom, clearly that changes the outcome. But for now even protected it doesn't make sense to drop a 1st, especially with their current negotiation with swayman.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Or they can trade for Dvorak with a pick and not move down. They don't have their own 2nd this year, so I'm not sure why they would use their first to trade down when they could probably offer less and keep their first without getting a 3rd. I guess if this is trade deadline and Bruins find themselves chasing for that president trophy while Montreal is at the bottom, clearly that changes the outcome. But for now even protected it doesn't make sense to drop a 1st, especially with their current negotiation with swayman.

I agree there would need to be protections. For example, Boston would need to be picking bottom 8 and Montreal would need to be picking top 8. And given the uncertainty with those two missing pieces, I’d probably pass if it’s for a low impact player like Dvorak. He’s just not worth that kind of orchestrated complexity. The premise suggests a need exists. If Boston was desperate and only moves down a few spots, it might be justifiable even though the player isn’t worth a 1st. And when you look at the 2nd and a third, the proposal doesn’t really reflect that. But having an aversion to a first going the other way for Dvorak is totally understandable.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
I think if the Habs get another team involved to take 50% of the contract (pay a second to do it) and the Bruins are taking Dvorak at 25% then this might have legs.

Really? Bruins pay a first for a 30pt player, who has missed almost 100 games in the last three years, doesn't play Bruins hockey, and is on an expiring contract? If it has legs are they Nancy Kerrigan's?

I repeat... this is not 2023. Boston is set at center. We need a top-6 RW not a bottom-6 center.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Really? Bruins pay a first for a 30pt player, who has missed almost 100 games in the last three years, doesn't play Bruins hockey, and is on an expiring contract? If it has legs are they Nancy Kerrigan's?

I repeat... this is not 2023. Boston is set at center. We need a top-6 RW not a bottom-6 center.
The thing about an expiring contract is that it is a audition for the next contract.If he plays well the team acquiring him can offer him market value.If things don't go well they aten not locked into multiple years of a bad contract

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
The thing about an expiring contract is that it is a audition for the next contract.If he plays well the team acquiring him can offer him market value.If things don't go well they aten not locked into multiple years of a bad contract

When the perk of acquiring a player is that you're not locked into a contract beyond this year, you don't give a first for said player.

Reactions: wintersej

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

I think the original deal was a first (which would be late) for the Habs’ second and third (which will be both high) so the picks balance or are quite close in value. Then it’s getting Dvorak at 25% of his contract. That’s not good?

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

+ #39 + #71
for

While the Bruins aren’t great in top 2 line centers, they do have good depth down the middle. They don’t need Dvorak. Habs are better off waiting until the deadline when there’s always teams that overpay for center depth.

Reactions: wintersej

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
I think the original deal was a first (which would be late) for the Habs’ second and third (which will be both high) so the picks balance or are quite close in value. Then it’s getting Dvorak at 25% of his contract. That’s not good?

What need does he fill for Boston?

Their one true hole in their roster is top-6 RW which Dvorak is not. Not sure why they would waste a first on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What need does he fill for Boston?

Their one true hole in their roster is top-6 RW which Dvorak is not. Not sure why they would waste a first on him.
Who are the Bruin’s centres after Lindholm? Getting Dvorak with 75% retention means he’s at about 1.2 (or so) on the cap.
Bruins give up a late first for an early second and third for Dvorak (a centre) at 1.2 cap.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Who are the Bruin’s centres after Lindholm? Getting Dvorak with 75% retention means he’s at about 1.2 (or so) on the cap.
Bruins give up a late first for an early second and third for Dvorak (a centre) at 1.2 cap.

Coyle and Zacha both put up 60 and 59 points last year. Frederic and Geekie both spent time at C (their natural positions) and put up 40 points and 39 points last year. Matt Poitras put up 15 in 33 last year before he got hurt as a 19 year old.

What does Christian "career high of 38 points" Dvorak offer over any of those guys?

edit: even if Dvorak actually filled a need, there is no way a team would complicate a deal and add risk with throwing around 1sts in exchange for lower picks. You can go get a Dvorak level guy for a 3rd without adding all the extra complication and risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad