(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He have beat Jeannot (in their 1st fight) and Olivier and Lowry. All of them are big boy. Xhekaj is not the next Probert either, but he can definitely hang with Reaves just fine.

Went from "kick his ass" to "hang with him just fine", glad you came to your sense.

In all the fights you listed, he also didn't "kick their ass".

He's just a big boy, not a good fighter.

He tries to outmuscle people, and when it doesn't work, he loses.

Reactions: Fatass

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Went from "kick his ass" to "hang with him just fine", glad you came to your sense.

Where did a said "kick his ass"??? Oh that's right, NEVER.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Which is exactly why x will not square off with Reaves on a face off. He will only go for Reaves when Reaves is at the end of a shift and x can get him tired and from the side.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Where did a said "kick his ass"??? Oh that's right, NEVER.

Got you mixed up with someone else, my mistake, responding to two people.

You said it was a poor showing in the first "fight"... not as bad as a few recent Xhekaj fights though, so that is a plus for Reaves.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Pezzetta will just try to run someone half his size then act like he’s tough.
First of all, Pezz aint that big and he fights guys much bigger than he is. More than we can say for that scrub who took his cheap shot last night.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Which is exactly why x will not square off with Reaves on a face off. He will only go for Reaves when Reaves is at the end of a shift and x can get him tired and from the side.
This whole exchange is useful simply for alerting me to the fact that Reaves didn't retire this last offseason.

• Haha
Reactions: Fatass

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
First of all, Pezz aint that big and he fights guys much bigger than he is. More than we can say for that scrub who took his cheap shot last night.

To be fair, I think Pezzetta should stop fighting guys in general... has he won a fight?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
So Pare shouldn't have to fight Arber cause he's not in his weight class but Arber is a shitty fighter so that should even it out? Hard to square off with someone trying to runaway and hide

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
This is the same fanbase who think Darcy Tucker was an angel who never deliberately took out Peca. Or Roberts wasn't cheap on Johnsson...or Domi didnt intentionally hurt Niedermeyer.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So Pare shouldn't have to fight Arber cause he's not in his weight class but Arber is a shitty fighter so that should even it out? Hard to square off with someone trying to runaway and hide

Arber is not a great fighter, he's big, he's a decent fighter, it makes him a good fighter.

I think Pare had to answer to Arber, so now Reinbacher should have to answer to Reaves, it seems fair to me, I think we can all agree there.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I understand playing the Leafs is like the Stanley Cup Final for Montreal fans, but your emotions are way too high right now. Log off, drink some water and then look at the bottom of the Atlantic division at the end of the season. You’ll find your team there.
we know a lot about winning cups buddy....let's just say beating the Leafs is like a first round win for us....which oh shit....the Habs did recently with a scrub team and your all star roster....

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How does your outcome based system assess concussions? Do we wait to see how long it lasts? Do we go back 20 years later because someone has long term CTE and then we fine them more? There are certain actions that have a higher probability of serious injury. It's the same reason the rules changed around hits to the head. If the UFC doesn't even allow punches to the back of the head, it's irresponsible for the NHL to not establish more of a deterrent to these types of plays. There should have been at least a 1 game suspension. Even if it's a preseason game, it establishes an understanding that it's a dangerous action.

If they want to change the culture around head shots, they have to make it clear and announce it before a season even begins so that there is a collective understanding of the stakes and the consequences.

In the absence of any kind of announcement or rule change, I’m not sure what you are expecting.

He was assessed 27 minutes in penalties and kicked out of the game. The player was not injured.

Personally, as I said earlier, a one-game suspension is not going to deter a team enforcer from taking matters into his own hands in the event of a perceived dirty play.

It has to be 5 or 10 games for someone to think twice about going after someone who just injured your star player with no penalty on the play.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Genuinely curious... what tough guy has he beaten badly?

The most lopsided fight I've seen of his is him getting beat by Jeannot (who Reaves just destroyed).

He's a #6D and part time AHLer...

He would be ecstatic to have Reaves' career.

Reaves will likely end up with close to 1000 games.
Reaves is only useful for fighting and Xhekaj is better than him at that as well

archangel2

May 19, 2019
The responses here are funny

I think Xhekaj should be suspended because of unsportsmanlike conduct and this fine is ridiculously low. In addition his behaviour is way too stupid given what he was trying to achieve. Target Matthews during game opener, now the 3K fine will be worth it. Habs need to be tougher, make sure they cannot be targeted without fear of retribution.

the fine is the max

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Xhekaj just got tuned up by Jeannot, he doesn't do well with large players, he tries to wrestle quickly (like the first Reaves fight).

I wouldn't call the first fight a poor showing by either player, Xhekaj grabbed him from behind (there is a pattern here), they both could barely get ahold of each other, lost balance, and got pushed in the net.
arber never got tuned by jeannot...that was rempe buddy

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Arber is not a great fighter, he's big, he's a decent fighter, it makes him a good fighter.

I think Pare had to answer to Arber, so now Reinbacher should have to answer to Reaves, it seems fair to me, I think we can all agree there.
No one is a great fighter nowadays. And this include Reaves who would'nt even made the top20 in the 90/00 area.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Reaves is only useful for fighting and Xhekaj is better than him at that as well

He has less than 100 games played, spent time in the AHL last year, plays #6 minutes, a true all-star.

If Xjekah has 50% of Reaves' GP by the end of his NHL career, I will be shocked.

He sucks, but Montreal sucks more.

He doesn't make a lot of teams who have aspirations of winning, just like I hope Reaves gets pushed out of the lineup (Reaves should be like #15 on the depth chart)

He makes sense for a terrible team like the Habs who are going for picks and are waiting for their captain to pass his prime before they start competing.

Xjekah is not better at fighting, would love for you to try to prove me wrong by using their common opponents because their fight showed nothing other than Xjekah keeps jumping people from behind like a coward.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Should have been 2 games IMO. Grabbed an unwilling player and beat him. Not sure it is worse that he left his gloves on.
Laines knee ...... that's what's worse.

The leafs plug who kneed him will be the doorman at a Montreal bar before long.

Reactions: BLONG7

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
He has less than 100 games played, spent time in the AHL last year, plays #6 minutes, a true all-star.

If Xjekah has 50% of Reaves' GP by the end of his NHL career, I will be shocked.

He sucks, but Montreal sucks more.

He doesn't make a lot of teams who have aspirations of winning, just like I hope Reaves gets pushed out of the lineup (Reaves should be like #15 on the depth chart)

He makes sense for a terrible team like the Habs who are going for picks and are waiting for their captain to pass his prime before they start competing.

Xjekah is not better at fighting, would love for you to try to prove me wrong by using their common opponents because their fight showed nothing other than Xjekah keeps jumping people from behind like a coward.
Xhekaj is an objectively better player in every measure but we all know what your agenda is here so have fun being stuck with Reaves

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I’m not a fan of either team in this situation. I found it comical that people want Pare exiled to Siberia while Laine put himself into the situation from the play itself. If you want to watch a cheap shot the cross check by Reinbacher and WiFi trying to jump Pare are both cookie cutter examples.

As for Pezzetta, he’s trying to be Cal Clutterbuck while not even being remotely close to what Cal was as a player.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

I actually hadn't seen Reinbacher's hit as I missed that game, very dirty and dangerous hit that he should have had to answer for - maybe cause Minten skated off nobody knew it was as bad at the time but wouldn't have been offended if someone took him to task and if Reeves is the first to get to him so be it, needs to learn consequences for actions

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
It’s a preseason game, who cares about taking players out with penalties?

I don’t think he owed the Habs a fight, but at the same time he could have at least dropped the gloves once his entire line came to his defense. Turtling and then skating around the scene with his gloves on was as non-code as what Xhekaj did, and might well force this thing to spill into the regular season.
Did Perry owe the Leafs a fight after the Tavares injury in the playoffs? Because they came knocking, twice if I remember correctly. And he answered the bell. Hockey code.

Reactions: PaulD

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Xhekaj is an objectively better player in every measure but we all know what your agenda is here so have fun being stuck with Reaves

Xherkaj is a lot younger, he is better currently (still a borderline NHLer), no argument.

He isn't good, and he won't have as good of a career as Reaves, those are both also true.

I actually hadn't seen Reinbacher's hit as I missed that game, very dirty and dangerous hit that he should have had to answer for - maybe cause Minten skated off nobody knew it was as bad at the time but wouldn't have been offended if someone took him to task and if Reeves is the first to get to him so be it, needs to learn consequences for actions

Okay, glad we agree, Reaves should take on Reinbacher first chance he gets, and if he doesn't want to fight, throw him to the ice and punch him in the back of the head.

• Haha
Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad