Proposal: MTL and ARI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
well if by that proven roster you mean doan michalek vermette richardson hanzal i dont think your contending anytime soon. building on oel domi duclair strome dvorak chychrun etc. is where there success lies

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Please, for your own sake, stop making urself look so foolish.
Young proven NHL players = Vermette, Richardson, Hanzal ????
LMFAO!!!!!
Can you read?? I listed the 3 that come to mind. OEL, who is way better than any of you leafs, prob has 3 times the value of your highest rated player, Duclair and Domi.

Your proven roster means Polak!!:laugh:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
MTL trades:

Lehkonen + Lernout + 2017 2nd

ARI trades:

Duclair

Montreal gets a youthful top 6 winger to help now and with upside for the future. Arizona, who has depth on wing, gets two good prospects and a decent pick.
ARZ "have depth on the wing" so we're going to downgrade Duclair to Lehkonen so that we can add Lernout? We also have "depth on defense" so Lernout, though a little intriguing, would be just another body on the pile. Awful proposal is awful.
Hanzal for Reway, Desharnais, 2nd
Awful follow-up is also awful.

Big piles of stuff for NHL impact players. Coyotes aren't interested in floundering around lost at the bottom of the standings the next 4 years, which is exactly what happens if they start accepting trades like these.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Please, for your own sake, stop making urself look so foolish.
Young proven NHL players = Vermette, Richardson, Hanzal ????
LMFAO!!!!!
Can you read?? I listed the 3 that come to mind. OEL, who is way better than any of you leafs, prob has 3 times the value of your highest rated player, Duclair and Domi.

Your proven roster means Polak!!:laugh:

i didnt say vermette, richardson and hanzal were the young proven players. i can read. maybe you can read it back. i said both teams had great young prospects. i think they should be trying to build on these young cores with another lottery pick or two rather than trying to make the playoffs this year. dont get your panties in a knot because im not a leafs fan. im a habs fan trying to find out what it would take to acquire hanzal and his expiring contract. oh and from an unbiased observer oel is only worth twice as much as rielly if that.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
ARZ "have depth on the wing" so we're going to downgrade Duclair to Lehkonen so that we can add Lernout? We also have "depth on defense" so Lernout, though a little intriguing, would be just another body on the pile. Awful proposal is awful.Awful follow-up is also awful.

Big piles of stuff for NHL impact players. Coyotes aren't interested in floundering around lost at the bottom of the standings the next 4 years, which is exactly what happens if they start accepting trades like these.

i respect your point of view. what would it take to obtain hanzal

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
i didnt say vermette, richardson and hanzal were the young proven players. i can read. maybe you can read it back. i said both teams had great young prospects. i think they should be trying to build on these young cores with another lottery pick or two rather than trying to make the playoffs this year. dont get your panties in a knot because im not a leafs fan. im a habs fan trying to find out what it would take to acquire hanzal and his expiring contract. oh and from an unbiased observer oel is only worth twice as much as rielly if that.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Im dont even think leafs fans will say that.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
If we summarizes this:

A prospect who just broke Alfredsson Frolunda PO scoring record
+
A prospect who was named on the WHL 2nd all-star team
+
A 1st round pick that may fall between 1-30

For

A 3rd rounder who had 20 goals/44 points as a 20 yo who's most likely to be a 30 goals/60points+ guy

I'd take my chance with the 3 mystery boxes. Lehkonen alone could possibly maybe somehow be better than Duclair.

......or, possibly none of the items in the mystery box translate into quality NHL players while Duclair slums it for the measly 60+pts for a few of his seasons. It doesn't matter at this point when he was drafted, he was a steal. You would take a chance on 3 question marks over a guy who is one of the leagues good young players? I'm not sure I would. Not every Gomez turns into a McDonagh. I know that one hurt, sorry.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
......or, possibly none of the items in the mystery box translate into quality NHL players while Duclair slums it for the measly 60+pts for a few of his seasons. It doesn't matter at this point when he was drafted, he was a steal. You would take a chance on 3 question marks over a guy who is one of the leagues good young players? I'm not sure I would.

well Juulsen, a first and lehkonen is too much. Lehkonen can get u 50 points, Juulsen looks really good and a first can turn into a homerun.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
well Juulsen, a first and lehkonen is too much. Lehkonen can get u 50 points, Juulsen looks really good and a first can turn into a homerun.

There is obviously promise there in those prospects and the pick, I don't know realistically if I would take the chance on hoping they turn out at the sake of Duclair.....and at this point Arizona has a lot of good young players and picks in their system, so they are not necessarily as desperate for them as say the Rangers who have lacked a 1st rd pick for the past 3 or 4 seasons.

elite1prospects

Jul 4, 2013
Ya, Duclair was acquired from the rags mostly based on his chemistry with Domi. As a Habs fan i say lets do it tho lol

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
think sergachev if you want duclair...
maybe juulsen,scherbak and a 1st?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

or they could all bust. 20 year old puts up a 20g/44pt rookie year, thats way more valuable than the laughable package offered by the op

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
or they could all bust. 20 year old puts up a 20g/44pt rookie year, thats way more valuable than the laughable package offered by the op

np but no team will offer an elite prospect for Duclair along with 2 former first rounders. Personally, Sergechev is a non starter. Thank god, MB seems to really like him

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Three first round picks for Duclair is overpayment.
That's like saying $60,000 worth of bubble gum is overpayment for my car. It may be "worth more" by some random vacuum "value," but I still don't want it. Coyotes aren't trading Tony D for a big pile of futures. Tony D IS the future.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
That's like saying $60,000 worth of bubble gum is overpayment for my car. It may be "worth more" by some random vacuum "value," but I still don't want it. Coyotes aren't trading Tony D for a big pile of futures. Tony D IS the future.

Awesome :laugh::laugh:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

Juulsen, Scherbak, and a 1st is overpayment for Duclair regardless of your bubblegum analogy.

Keep in mind I'm talking about real life value here and not HF value. Very rarely do players get the returns people on here expect, simply because those expectations are not realistic. That package is more than fair value for Duclair, but at the same time I doubt Arizona would do it.

Also, nowhere in my post did I say Arizona would make the deal, so I'm not sure why you took my post so personally.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I would like to congratulate Habs fans on waiting until post #10 in this thread to mention David Desharnais. :handclap:

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
MTL trades:

Lehkonen + Lernout + 2017 2nd

ARI trades:

Duclair

Montreal gets a youthful top 6 winger to help now and with upside for the future. Arizona, who has depth on wing, gets two good prospects and a decent pick.

AZ declines, as good as Lehkonen is they know how good duclair is in the NHL right now and he's a stud so no reason to do this. Habs would do this instantly

think sergachev if you want duclair...
maybe juulsen,scherbak and a 1st?

Sergachev? No
3x1st rounders ? No thats even worse than the op

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
AZ declines, as good as Lehkonen is they know how good duclair is in the NHL right now and he's a stud so no reason to do this. Habs would do this instantly

Sergachev? No
3x1st rounders ? No thats even worse than the op

I doubt you'd get a 2017 1st for either Juulsen or Scherbak and with Price 100%, the Habs will AT LEAST make it to the 1st round of the playoffs so the puck would be 16-20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad