Proposal: MTL and ARI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
MTL trades:

Lehkonen + Lernout + 2017 2nd

ARI trades:

Duclair

Montreal gets a youthful top 6 winger to help now and with upside for the future. Arizona, who has depth on wing, gets two good prospects and a decent pick.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
MTL trades:

ARI trades:

Duclair

Montreal gets a youthful top 6 winger to help now and with upside for the future. Arizona, who has depth on wing, gets two good prospects and a decent pick.

So...a B prospect, a C/D prospect and a 2nd for an A prospect?
Cool.
#habsdeals

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Lehkonen is great and all. He looks like a lock for the 2nd line LW, but lets be honest that trade is horrid for Arizona, esp that he and Domi and good friends.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
MTL trades:

ARI trades:

Duclair

So let me understand this. Here take our lesser prospects for your grade A prospect who has already played well in the NHL. Nope.com ARI would not touch this.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
what if we switched duclair with hanzal and made it reway desharnais and a second. helps arizona with their tanking for one more year ( giving them another stud in the stable ) plus gives them a second, reway and maybe they can get a fifth for desharnais at the deadline. what team wants to give away their duclairs for lesser prospects ?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
what if we switched duclair with hanzal and made it reway desharnais and a second. helps arizona with their tanking for one more year ( giving them another stud in the stable ) plus gives them a second, reway and maybe they can get a fifth for desharnais at the deadline. what team wants to give away their duclairs for lesser prospects ?

I wasnt aware they were at the same level of the leafs^^

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
That's a few solid pieces from the Habs. That's a really awesome, more valuable piece from Arizona. The "pure" value might be a turn off for SOME Habs fans, but Duclair is a stud. Yotes pass, Habs should take it. Either way, I'm interested to see Lehkonen this year - he could crack the Habs top 6.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
That's a few solid pieces from the Habs. That's a really awesome, more valuable piece from Arizona. The "pure" value might be a turn off for SOME Habs fans, but Duclair is a stud. Yotes pass, Habs should take it. Either way, I'm interested to see Lehkonen this year - he could crack the Habs top 6.

Every habs fan will accept this trade instantly tho. A proven young player is worth more than unproven pieces, unless we're talking about elite top prospect and top 10 picks.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I wasnt aware they were at the same level of the leafs^^

i think the leafs have an equally good if not better pool of prospects than the coyotes. Both teams have an awesome young group no doubt. i really believe that both of them would only be shooting themselves in the foot so to speak to make a run for the playoffs this year. would result in settling for mediocre futures whereas one or two more years of patience could result in both teams being powerhouses. im curious what it would take to obtain hanzal on the last year of his deal. desharnais being involved could make it realistic for cap purposes.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Every habs fan will accept this trade instantly tho. A proven young player is worth more than unproven pieces, unless we're talking about elite top prospect and top 10 picks.

You'd think so, but inherent bias is sometimes difficult to overcome. As in, you value things you own higher than comparable things you don't own.

As I've said though, I think Duclair is a stud and Montreal fans should accept this, as well that Arizona would decline.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
MTL trades:

ARI trades:

Duclair

Lol as a Habs fan, only in my wet dreams would a deal like this happen. Not that I don't have faith in our prospects.

Arizona got Yandle's best years out of him and flipped him just in time to get a real great prospect out of it. Good asset management.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
i think the leafs have an equally good if not better pool of prospects than the coyotes. Both teams have an awesome young group no doubt. i really believe that both of them would only be shooting themselves in the foot so to speak to make a run for the playoffs this year. would result in settling for mediocre futures whereas one or two more years of patience could result in both teams being powerhouses. im curious what it would take to obtain hanzal on the last year of his deal. desharnais being involved could make it realistic for cap purposes.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The yotes have a great upcoming talent similar to the leafs but have a much stronger present roster of proven younger players. OEL, Domi, Duclair are the 3 that come into mind.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The yotes have a great upcoming talent similar to the leafs but have a much stronger present roster of proven younger players. OEL, Domi, Duclair are the 3 that come into mind.

well if by that proven roster you mean doan michalek vermette richardson hanzal i dont think your contending anytime soon. building on oel domi duclair strome dvorak chychrun etc. is where there success lies

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Teams don't trade quality for quantity unless the player has issues or wants to be traded.
Of the top of my head, the quality for quantity deals: Kessel deal

1 for 1 deals: Johansen-Jones
Subban - Weber
Hall - Larsson
Zibanejad - Brassard (with picks from both sides)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Switch Lernault to Juulsen and the 2nd to a first and the Yotes still say no IMO.

If we summarizes this:

A prospect who just broke Alfredsson Frolunda PO scoring record
+
A prospect who was named on the WHL 2nd all-star team
+
A 1st round pick that may fall between 1-30

For

A 3rd rounder who had 20 goals/44 points as a 20 yo who's most likely to be a 30 goals/60points+ guy

I'd take my chance with the 3 mystery boxes. Lehkonen alone could possibly maybe somehow be better than Duclair.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
well if by that proven roster you mean doan michalek vermette richardson hanzal i dont think your contending anytime soon. building on oel domi duclair strome dvorak chychrun etc. is where there success lies

OEL 6 years pro not proven :help:

Domi and Duclair 1 year not proven?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
OEL 6 years pro not proven :help:

Domi and Duclair 1 year not proven?

there is no doubt that oel domi and duclair are proven. i just feel that arizona would be better served by adding good young players to build around that core (oel,domi,duclair) with another lottery pick or two rather than pushing for the playoffs now with the veterans they have now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad