Line Combos: MTL 2025-2026 lineup

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
This would be the year that the rebuild is over.

Slaf-Suzuki-CC
Roy-Dach-Demidov
Hage-Beck-Newhook
Xhekaj-Kapanen-Mesar
Farrell-Evans-Koivu

Guhle-Reinbacher
Hutson-Bodgan
Wifi-Mailloux
Engstrom-Barron

Monty
Fowler

Gally : LTR
Anderson : Traded (Future)
Savard : Traded (Get a 2nd)
Matheson : Traded (Get a late first)

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Slaf-Suzuki-CC
Roy-Dach-Demidov
Hage-Beck-Newhook
Xhekaj-Kapanen-Mesar
Farrell-Evans-Koivu

Guhle-Reinbacher
Hutson-Bodgan
Wifi-Mailloux
Engstrom-Barron

Monty
Fowler

How did we lose Anderson and Gallagher?

I think Bogdan still has an extra year, and that would be a small pair with Hutson.

Hage may need more than one post draft year before he's ready.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
How did we lose Anderson and Gallagher?

I think Bogdan still has an extra year, and that would be a small pair with Hutson.

Hage may need more than one post draft year before he's ready.
Hage will destroy the USHL next year and kick ass at Camp, this kid should of been a top 10, the next Wyatt Johnston

Bodgan is a stay at home D with high IQ , perfect to play with Hutson.
Guess this would look better
Hutson-Reinbacher
Guhle-Bodgan

I updated the case of Anderson and Gally + Matheson.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Hage will destroy the USHL next year and kick ass at Camp, this kid should of been a top 10, the next Wyatt Johnston

Bodgan is a stay at home D with high IQ , perfect to play with Hutson.
Guess this would look better
Hutson-Reinbacher
Guhle-Bodgan

I updated the case of Anderson and Gally + Matheson.

Hage will not be in the USHL and Konyushkov is the opposite of what Hutson will need as a partner and almost certainly will not be in Montreal next season anyways. Arbitrarily putting Gallagher on LTIR as well as a host of other oddities make this a tough look tbh.

These exercises are always a waste of time as we have no idea what changes will take place over the next year. This is not to say that you are not entitled to do so but I don't see the point.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Demidov Dach Caufield
Guhle x

Slaf Suzuki Roy
Hutson Reinbacher

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Hage will start his NHL career in 2026-2027 and might start on the 3rd line.

Our 2025 1st (most probably top 10) will probably also start in 2026-2027.

Fowler will play at least one season in the AHL, if not 2.

For 2025-2026, my only ask is for HuGo to trade for a top 4 RHD with experience and put Guhle back to his natural side, which probably means trading Matheson.

2024-2025 roster :

Slaf-Suzuki-Demidov
Newhook-Dach-Caufield
Roy-Beck-Gallagher
Anderson-Evans-Kapanen
Heineman

Guhle-RHD (trade)
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Struble-Engstrom

Monty
Dobes

So if we go get that RHD, i think we are competing for a playoffs spot.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hage is playing for Michigan in the NCAA next season and will need atleast 2 years

The weird part of this is Elite Prospects has him listed for Michigan for the 25/26 season. I'm assuming that was a typo and should be 24/25? Because he looks NCAA ready for this season to come.

sqcJ2Vj.png

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Caufield -Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Demidov
Roy-Newhook-Armia
Anderson-Beck - Gallagher
Heinemen

Matheson Guhle
Hutson Reinbacher
Xhekaj Mailloux
Barron

Monty
Dobes

If we don't acquire Laine everyone on the left side move up 1 spot
Up front, this doesn't strike me as a physical lineup at all. Backend can drop 'em.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Hage will start his NHL career in 2026-2027 and might start on the 3rd line.

Our 2025 1st (most probably top 10) will probably also start in 2026-2027.

Fowler will play at least one season in the AHL, if not 2.

For 2025-2026, my only ask is for HuGo to trade for a top 4 RHD with experience and put Guhle back to his natural side, which probably means trading Matheson.

2024-2025 roster :

Slaf-Suzuki-Demidov
Newhook-Dach-Caufield
Roy-Beck-Gallagher
Anderson-Evans-Kapanen
Heineman

Guhle-RHD (trade)
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Struble-Engstrom

Monty
Dobes

So if we go get that RHD, i think we are competing for a playoffs spot.
How I can see it in 2027-28

Slaf-Suzuki-Demidov
XX (trade for a PF)-Dach-Caufield
Hage - Beck - Newhook
XX - XX - Xhekaj (The spots will be a competitions with young players)

Guhle-Reinbacher
Hutson - XX (physical Defensive UFA)
Xhekaj - XX ( Depends who is winning the spot)

Montembault
Primeau

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Natey

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

Slaf-Suzuki-CC
Roy-Dach-Demidov
Hage-Beck-Newhook
Xhekaj-Kapanen-Mesar
Farrell-Evans-Koivu

Guhle-Reinbacher
Hutson-Bodgan
Wifi-Mailloux
Engstrom-Barron

Monty
Fowler

That’s a weak 4th line. There’s no way they’re competing with that. You need experience, size, toughness and strong forecheckers. It’s fine to just stick young guys on the 4th if you have to in a rebuilding year but when you start competing, that doesn’t work. Sean Farrel???? I’d rather have Pezzetta on the 4th. If you want an inkling of who could be a 4th liner in the nhl from within the organization, then watch Laval games. I guarantee you wouldn’t have picked Sean Farrel for that role.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Funny that you think Hughes will run all kids and not add vets. Mesar on the 4th is also weird. Hage and Koivu will not be ready in two years.

A really EA NHL-like roster.

We will have a few vets at forward and D. I also expect several prospects to be traded for those vets or a 2 for 1 kind of deal on a young-ish player.

Reactions: Gustave

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
A lot of rookies: Demidov, Hutson, Reinbacher, Mallioux, Beck and ?. I don't see how they can avoid making some hard decisions at the TDL and in 25/26 especially about defensemen.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Demidov, Slafkovsky, Hutson and Reinbacher reach their full potential, we are going to have such a beauty team.

I would not be surprise if Demidov have same impact of a Kaprizov, Slaf same to Rantanen, Hutson same to Quinn Hughes and Reinbacher same to Dobson.

I think it's not out of question to believe that they can have the same impact of theses players. Looks Slaf now... he show that he can become a top player in this league at his position. Suzuki tell that he is going to be a top 5 winger in NHL.

Demidov talent is insane, he was been considering #2 all season long this year draft.

Hutson and Reinbacher have huge potential aswell... Hutson have not the skating speed of Hughes, but... he have everything else. (Better production at same age in NCAA too). Reinbacher have steady two-way game in him. Isn't impossible to him to become a player like Dobson.

Reactions: waitin425

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
If Demidov, Slafkovsky, Hutson and Reinbacher reach their full potential, we are going to have such a beauty team.

I would not be surprise if Demidov have same impact of a Kaprizov, Slaf same to Rantanen, Hutson same to Quinn Hughes and Reinbacher same to Dobson.

I think it's not out of question to believe that they can have the same impact of theses players. Looks Slaf now... he show that he can become a top player in this league at his position. Suzuki tell that he is going to be a top 5 winger in NHL.

Demidov talent is insane, he was been considering #2 all season long this year draft.

Hutson and Reinbacher have huge potential aswell... Hutson have not the skating speed of Hughes, but... he have everything else. (Better production at same age in NCAA too). Reinbacher have steady two-way game in him. Isn't impossible to him to become a player like Dobson.

Holy Moly. I would surprised, but I wouldn't be surprised if Demidov becomes a solid 1st line winger, slaf becomes a 30-30 guy, Hutson turns our PP into top 12, and Reinbacher a top 4.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Holy Moly. I would surprised, but I wouldn't be surprised if Demidov becomes a solid 1st line winger, slaf becomes a 30-30 guy, Hutson turns our PP into top 12, and Reinbacher a top 4.

Slaf can become more than 30g-30a easily lol

Reactions: waitin425

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
At the end of the day....there will most certainly be someone in the lineup who is currently not a Hab or prospect for us. Predicting that name is impossible. This is how I see it in 14 months time.....

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield/Demidov*
UFA/Trade** - Dach - Demidov/Caufield
Newhook - Beck - Roy
Anderson - UFA/Trade*** - Gally
Pezz

Guhle - Matheson****
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Barron

Monty*****
Fowler

* Expecting Demidov to walk in next year as a rookie and be in our top 6 is actually a tall order. I love the pick and have high hopes, but realistically he will need some North American seasoning before being gifted a top 6 role. For this exercise I'll pencil him in top 6.
** I still see us making a move for a 24-28 year old top 6 winger. I dream of Laine, but expect some type of surprise, that no one predicts.
*** I have no problem keeping Evans here, will just need to be resigned. If not him, maybe we go hunting for a veteran bottom 6 centre with faceoff skills. Ideally someone with speed. Also on this bottom line, I don't see us getting rid of Andy or Gally quite yet. I actually think (minus there cost) that they are stanley cup 4th liners.
**** Matheson will start next year with us, and will likely be trade fodder at the TDL depending on our spot in the playoff hunt. I expect big things from Rein, Mailloux and Barron this year, and one of them will be ready for that #1 RD role by TDL 26.
***** Monty will win out the battle between him and Primeau, and I see Primeau being trade fodder to give us room to bring Fowler along.

Beck, Demi and Rein will all likely be pure rookies. I expect Mailloux to get enough games this year, but Rein likely won't. 3 rookies in the lineup, is enough for my liking.

I see a lot of people pencilling Hage in there. I think he either returns to Michigan for year 2, or maybe starts in Laval next year. My hope is that Hage excels to the point where we have a very difficult decision to make in our top 6 on who we are going to trade.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Demidov needs to play C. Tired of this team drafting players and trying to change them. like my ex girlfriend

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Slaf-Suzuki-CC
Roy-Dach-Demidov
Hage-Beck-Newhook
Xhekaj-Kapanen-Mesar
Farrell-Evans-Koivu

Guhle-Reinbacher
Hutson-Bodgan
Wifi-Mailloux
Engstrom-Barron

Monty
Fowler

So....for the year 2025/26 you have the following rookies in our lineup...

Demidov
Hage
Beck
F. Xhekaj
Kapanen
Mesar
Bogdan
Fowler
Rein and/or Mailloux (may still be rookies)

Think about that for a second.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8