MrB1P's top 50 affiliated prospects. Volume 6.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
I still can't believe Montreal passed over Kulich, Firkus and Lambert for Mesar.

Slafkovsky
Kulich or Firkus
Beck
Hutson

Would be one hell of a draft.

Still, Slaf/Beck/Hutson are great picks, Mesar still has potential.

Yes, the usual 'but Habs prospects suck' whining.
18 year old kids.Not a perfect science. A little black magic ceremony in the wee hours of the night sometimes helps but the visions are clouded in mists leaving even the devine knowledge unclear

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mrb1p and CapSpace

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Where should they be ranked? Perhaps you under value them
Reinbacher should be in the twenties or thirties.

Demidov should be around 5

Roy isn’t a top-50 prospect and Hutson is fine where he is. I don’t like smaller defenders so I’d have him lower but I understand people who have him in that range.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020

Roy isn’t a top-50 prospect and Hutson is fine where he is. I don’t like smaller defenders so I’d have him lower but I understand people who have him in that range.
On Roy Bedard loved having him on his wing.Smart kid who keeps showing up his detractors .If they use him in the second line he will get Calder votes this year but like anything with this kid he going to gave prove his detractors wrong again

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Where should they be ranked? Perhaps you under value them
I would say Roy is pretty high…. Idk where exactly I’d put him, I think he’s generally underrated prospect league wide…. But here he’s prob 10-15 spots too high

Reinbacher I Don’t think I’d have ahead of Levshunov, Dickinson, nikishin, luneau or silayev

And I think you can argue Hutson over him pretty comfortably.

It’s fun to debate the spots and obviously this is his personal list(there is obviously going to be a slight bias to his teams players if I made a top 50 I’m sure I’d have a slight ducks bias ) … interesting to see his takes and what not

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There’s a reason why so many teams passed on Hutson.
And what's that reason? Is it the same as Stankoven? I'm getting crucified because he's so low. Is it the same as Firkus? Is it the same as reigning the Art Ross winner and former 58th overall pick? Is it the same reason as the 2021 Norris winner?

Unsurprisingly Montreal prospects are overrated, but that’s because this dude is a Montreal fan.

NEXT..
I have 3 Seattle prospects in the top ten, does that mean I'm a Seattle fan too? Or maybe the chips just fall this way?

Reactions: Just Linda

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Strictly speaking from a Nashville POV, there's a few guys I think we'd have over Wood.

He had a good, not great year on a bad team, I'd probably put Molendyk, Kemell and Svechkov over him atm.
I dont believe in this, again, this is a projection of their career. Matthew Wood's potential far transcends these guys no matter how bad his NCAA team was. He's on a much better team this year, I expect people that were low on him are gonna wonder why the sudden jump.

No Edvinsson & Sandin-Pellikka, kinda crazy ngl.
Read the criteria, and ASP isn't a slam dunk top 50 so IDK what's crazy. He still hasn't impressed in ways he should.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wright above Leonard and Smith? Okie dokie.
It's the Seattle helium I took apparently.

More seriously though, Wrights year was fantastic and overall I do think he had a better year than those two. I expect they land around the same range in value so the difference in ranking is only reflected by numbers but not the actual small gap between like player #6 and #37. You do have to rank them at the end of the day.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
And what's that reason? Is it the same as Stankoven? I'm getting crucified because he's so low. Is it the same as Firkus? Is it the same as reigning the Art Ross winner and former 58th overall pick? Is it the same reason as the 2021 Norris winner?

I have 3 Seattle prospects in the top ten, does that mean I'm a Seattle fan too? Or maybe the chips just fall this way?
No, you’re pushing your agenda. Maybe if you want to be taken more serious given this is an “annual” list. You would take the obvious bias out of it.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I dont believe in this, again, this is a projection of their career. Matthew Wood's potential far transcends these guys no matter how bad his NCAA team was. He's on a much better team this year, I expect people that were low on him are gonna wonder why the sudden jump.

Read the criteria, and ASP isn't a slam dunk top 50 so IDK what's crazy. He still hasn't impressed in ways he should.
Then that speaks to how good Nashville's prospect pool is, because those guys are all projected to be good NHLers, Wood is more of a long term project.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The fact that HFB voted Nikishin 5th best prospect and you have him at 30 speaks for itself
If I rated NHL readiness higher he'd be top 4 most likely. I'm trying to rank their careers.
Then that speaks to how good Nashville's prospect pool is, because those guys are all projected to be good NHLers, Wood is more of a long term project.
Yes they have an excellent prospect pool, which is very peculiar because they have a top 5 team too, love what Trotz did. The influx of talent is gonna keep them competitive a while. I think Wood has a good shot at being a star a la Robertson.

Reactions: slumpy43

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Appreciate the effort in these lists

There’s of course some I strongly disagree with, notably Roy, who I’m actually very high on, but certainly not that high.

I also have no idea how ASP doesn’t make a top 50 list after the season he had

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Surprising to see Geekie over But and Simashev. Small sample sizes but from what I saw I liked then both a lot more than Geekie.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

Roy is absolutely a top-50 prospect. 2 seasons of almost 2ppg in the Q, 0.78ppg in the AHL and doesn't looked out of place during his NHL games. Will be fighting for a top 6 spot.

Stop hating.

Reactions: Mrb1p and viceroy

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010

All the guys you mentioned except Fox are forwards. And Fox is a few inches taller than Hutson and has a thicker build. Very few Dmen at Hutson’s size go on to have good NHL careers. That’s why so few teams want Hutson, he holds little value on the trade market,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad