Value of: Mr. John Klingberg to TB?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Oh stop. :biglaugh:

He was a passenger and you know it, quit trying to pass him off as some key cog to Tampa's recent success.

Klingberg scored 15 more points in Dallas's one run to the finals, than Rutta's combined playoff production in three years with Tampa. He's just..... not a viable option for Dallas in any Klingberg trade.

Let's not forget that the package he suggested was for Dallas retaining 40-50% of Klingberg's salary

Reactions: Dr Pepper

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m personally in the boat that Dallas’s cup window has shut and we should be selling off on the rentals (Klingberg, Pavelski, Radulov). Didn’t make the playoffs last year and there are ten teams ahead of Dallas in the West alone. Would rather get some assets back rather than signing him to a contract that’ll more than likely age poorly. The last talk was that Klingberg wanted 8+ on a full term contract. I hope he gets that in the free market, but I hope it’s not Dallas

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
id do Klingberg at 50% retained for Foote, ABB, and a 1st, with Rutta being added to make cap work. And then give Detroit a 3rd to retain 1m so Klingberg is only 1.125m which gets Tampa at about 300k in cap space with 13F and 7D

Stars could've had him for free - twice now, I think - and didn't bite, so I doubt they're too keen on him.

Last edited:

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
Oh stop. :biglaugh:

He was a passenger and you know it, quit trying to pass him off as some key cog to Tampa's recent success.

Klingberg scored 15 more points in Dallas's one run to the finals, than Rutta's combined playoff production in three years with Tampa. He's just..... not a viable option for Dallas in any Klingberg trade.

Sergechev rather than Rutta would tempt me.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Hasn't he been a defensive liability the last 3 seasons?? Even his offensive numbers have been pretty average.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad