OT: Movie thread

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm not surprised that the Borderlands movie opened to terrible reviews. Nothing about that movie seemed right. The casting choices were odd, the trailers looked awful, and to top it off, they made it a PG-13 movie, which is the exact opposite vibe of the Borderlands game.

Super disappointed, because I love the Borderlands franchise and I think, if done correctly, it could have been a really successful movie, with a real possibility of sequels.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'm not surprised that the Borderlands movie opened to terrible reviews. Nothing about that movie seemed right. The casting choices were odd, the trailers looked awful, and to top it off, they made it a PG-13 movie, which is the exact opposite vibe of the Borderlands game.

Super disappointed, because I love the Borderlands franchise and I think, if done correctly, it could have been a really successful movie, with a real possibility of sequels.
It always seemed to me like the person doing the casting didn't even have any experience with the franchise or the characters' personalities.

Not at all surprised it was a total flop. Just seemed cheesy.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It always seemed to me like the person doing the casting didn't even have any experience with the franchise or the characters' personalities.

Not at all surprised it was a total flop. Just seemed cheesy.

I mean, it's Eli Roth, so expectations shouldn't have been that high to begin with. It seemed like he was trying to make a Guardians of the Galaxy-like film, but without any of the warmth behind it. He ignored the established lore of the franchise and characters in an attempt to make it appeal to a wider audience, and wound up with a movie that appeals to no one.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00