Most underrated prospects in hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
SJ = D Shakir Mukhamadullin
CHI = D Ethan Del Mastro - looks like Chi got a steal in the 4th round
no NHL team = C/LW Connor Hvidston - had gained good mass last summer only to lose it getting injured (back issues twice)/appendectomy. His WHL teammate Filmon was signed by his draft team, but Hvidston wasn't and went undrafted in a re-draft. Oddly, the Ducks' Dir of Player Dev was looking forward to working with Hvidston. Hvidston turns 21 years old tomorrow, Sept 11th.
Hvidston was invited to BOS rookie camp. Hoping they acquire him if he shows well.

Reactions: Eegs

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Ill go back to some drafts
* JOSH DOAN - i was a huge fan the minute i watched him play back in the USHL. Was touting him as a 2nd rounder and got push back. Looked fantastic last year. Feel vindicated. Talk about a chip off the old block
* FYODOR SVECHKOV - is such a smart player. Not sure what his ultimate upside is. Was projecting 2/3C. Every time i see him play i think he will find a way to be a solid 2 way guy. Maybe more under the radar than underrated
* JACKSON BLAKE - was another guy who i thought had some big upside if he could fill out a bit. That was a sneaky good pick by Carolina. Didnt think he would last past the 3rd round
* YUROV and KULICH i had top10 and both are tracking well
* D ELIAS PETTERSSON - i know were not suppose to post about our own teams players but this kid is gonna be a stud. Just a big smash mouth player who grew 2"inches after picked. Steal
* CARSON REHKOPF - is such a physical specimen. Was surprised he slipped into the 2nd round. Was some nice players still avaiable though. Deep draft. RITCHIE i had way higher and is tracking well
* ANDREW GIBSON - has really good tools. Was really high on him and obviously so were Detroit at the time. Weird they moved off him already must not have liked his development? Someone to keep an eye on. Nashville knows D men so not sure Detroit knows what they are doing here.
* FELLIX UNGER SORUM looks so damn good. Clever crafty player ...Carolina again jeesh
* Some teams are gonna regret passing on TIJ IGINLA. NYGARD looks like a stud also..Maybe not huuuge upside but i could see a Timo Meier type if all goes well

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Lots of names mentioned I agree with but I'll mention some I haven't seen named too much.

O.Bonk & B. Akey are good ones, I think only mentioned once a piece. Svechkov I like +1 for Firkus and Mailloux too.

Haven't seen him myself but I know Pitt fans are high on Blomqvist (G)

Surin? Not sure he fits but I like him. Oliver Moore would be another in this category.

On the Hawks topic, I think Nazar gets a little underrated. I like a lot of their prospects - Kaiser, Kantserov (especially), Ryan Greene.

I think Van has something with Bains. I like Stastney too on NSH, and I feel like Molendyk flies under the radar. L'Heureux could be a real menace for them too if he keeps his head on straight, Marchand-lite.

I think LaCombe gets forgotten about in ANA. I think Jesse Pulkinnen will turn into a real one for the Isles too. Calle Odelius and Elias Salomonsson are also both quite intriguing.

Bischel should probably have more hype and Miromanov will probably be a mainstay in Calgary for awhile. I was down on Stromgren but he seems to have turned a corner too.

In STL I think Neighbours doesn't get the respect he deserves, and Matt Kessel should be a solid NHLer.

I liked Topias Leinonen in his draft year but haven't really followed him and you never know with G's.

Nicholas Moldenhauer which is surprising as a Leaf's pick. Daniil Guschin gets forgotten about in SJ too.

I'm an Avs fan and I've seen Ritchie's named mentioned a lot, so I'm not sure he's that underrated. At least he won't be soon. In our prospect pool I think Gulayev is going to be that guy, and Behrens and Kovalenko never get mentioned, but should both be middle of the lineup guys at least. I saw Ivan Ivan who could be a Lehkonen type if all goes well.

Anyways, just throwing more names in the hat. Should be a fun thread to look back on. If I were to choose the #1 underrated prospect amongst fanbases/the casual fan, I'd go Alexander Nikishin. He's going to be a monster but out of sight out of mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad