Most underrated prospects in hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Maybe he's not the most underrated but I really like Gavin Brindley as a future top 6 complimentary winger. Last year the Wolverines lost Fantilli, L Hughes, and Samoskevich but got a full season of Nazar. Nonetheless Brindley stepped up and led the team in points

Kinda cliché but I think he's eventually going find a fit next to Fantilli again in CBJ

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I find Ryker Evans to be very underrated. He did get into 36 games last season with the Kraken. I find him to be a very solid dman that has potential to be a very good NHLer very soon. Loved him in junior with Regina and from what I’ve read, he’s continued showing his talent in the AHL the past couple seasons

Unsure if there is a roster spot open for him in Seattle full time yet

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
Miroslav Satan Jr for someone drafted in round 7. A combination of his height (6’7), his above-average skating, and the fact that he started playing hockey pretty late will combine for a bottom-6 nhl profile. He doesn’t have a development curve, he has an abrupt upward slope.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
A lot of defensemen will be mentioned because I find they're generally more underrated:

Ryan Ufko

Ty Nelson

Adam Engström: Definitely not underrated by Habs fans but probably underrated by others.

Mikhail Gulyayev

Michael Hrabal

Nathan Gaucher: I think he'll be one of those #3C's you can win a cup with.

Potentially not underrated:

David Jiricek: I think he has a very high ceiling but people kind of forgot about him, he doesn't get mentioned a lot compared to other defensive prospects.
Edit: I forgot that he's played over 40 NHL games.

Matthew Poitras: not sure how underrated he is at this point but I think his ceiling is very high

William Wallinder: Not sure if he's underrated as he was drafted by a popular team but I think he'll be a very good top4 defenseman.

I avoided Finnish prospects to make sure you-know-who won't try to start a fight with me and take over the entire thread.

Last edited:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
A lot of defensemen will be mentioned because I find they're generally more underrated:

Ryan Ufko

Ty Nelson

Adam Engström: Definitely not underrated by Habs fans but probably underrated by others.

Mikhail Gulyayev

Michael Hrabal

Nathan Gaucher: I think he'll be one of those #3C's you can win a cup with.

Potentially not underrated:

David Jiricek: I think he has a very high ceiling but people kind of forgot about him, he doesn't get mentioned a lot compared to other defensive prospects.
Edit: I forgot that he's played over 40 NHL games.

Matthew Poitras: not sure how underrated he is at this point but I think his ceiling is very high

William Wallinder: Not sure if he's underrated as he was drafted by a popular team but I think he'll be a very good top4 defenseman.

I avoided Finnish prospects to make sure you-know-who won't try to start a fight with me and take over the entire thread.
Which you know who ? I can think of a couple 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: teravaineSAROS

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I'm only here to set this thread on fire.

Matvei Michkov.

1725914784708.gif

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Brad Lambert
Seamus Casey
Gavin Brindley

Maybe he's not the most underrated but I really like Gavin Brindley as a future top 6 complimentary winger. Last year the Wolverines lost Fantilli, L Hughes, and Samoskevich but got a full season of Nazar. Nonetheless Brindley stepped up and led the team in points

Kinda cliché but I think he's eventually going find a fit next to Fantilli again in CBJ
Came here to post this and see it's the first reply. Well played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad