Most overrated player on your favourite team - past or present

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Kovalchuk's time as a Devil is over romanticized by millennial fans.

Otherwise, I'll say John MacLean. Scored but never really drove the bus, had an attitude as well.

Until 21-22, Nico Hischier was incredibly overrated and still might be. But I love how he's playing now.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Probably Chiarot. Absolute dumbass of a hockey player. Wings fans try to say he was good last year, I guess it's true to a certain extent that he was better than the year prior but he's a guy with negative hockey IQ and chemistry with his teammates. He even tries to punch them. He actually has decent tools with his skating and being able to handle the puck so he often goes for a skate in the offensive zone but they always lead to nothing. Even in interviews he mentions he just "plays his game" and doesn't even try to adjust to his partner. As a result, whenever Seider has to play with this bozo he's the one who has to stay back and cover for him. There's a reason every player on the ice plays worse with him, but he's a "vet" so Lalonde isn't going to do anything about it and will always use him in the top 4 as a "stabilizing" presence beside one of the younger D.

I feel like Wings fans don't overrate players too often but if I had to choose players from the past, it would probably be a goalie like Howard or Osgood. Not that they were bad by any means but they do tend to get looked back on a bit too favorably because they were the best choice at the time but they are average to above average goalies that were consistent for a long time, which definitely has its value. Being above average certainly isn't a bad thing at all, that's like a top 15-20 goalie in the league.
Lol I was writing to rip this apart because I read Hasek instead of Howard at 1st read.

• Love
Reactions: Realgud

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Struggling to find an overrated Dallas Star. The great ones are all pretty much accurate if not underrated. I feel like it’s probably one of the late firsts that became nothing like Julius Honka who briefly was thought to be an nhl player or Campbell who was a failed first in a different way.

I’ll say Neil Broten just to razz Minnesota fans.
Neal. Just to razz you. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad