Most overrated player on your favourite team - past or present

Dirby Kach

Sep 2, 2009
Who is the most overrated player on your team past or present?

For Montreal, I vote Arber Xhekaj. I’ve never seen a more overrated player in my 30 years of watching this team. Yeah , he’s tough, but he’s not good at hockey.
If he didn’t have a cool name, work at Costco and beat guys heads in occasionally, nobody would even care.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Struggling to find an overrated Dallas Star. The great ones are all pretty much accurate if not underrated. I feel like it’s probably one of the late firsts that became nothing like Julius Honka who briefly was thought to be an nhl player or Campbell who was a failed first in a different way.

I’ll say Neil Broten just to razz Minnesota fans.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Craig Rivet, big time. Should not have played over the 3rd pair on a regular basis. Gets a pass, somehow, while the much better Patrice Brisebois (also overplayed, but really by just a pairing instead of two) was, and is still, much maligned.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I felt like Simon Benoit got overrated for the Leafs quite a bit last year.

Maybe Woll right now with how some people think he’s the future in net when he can’t even move laterally in his crease without injuring himself?

Reactions: Laus723

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Leafs/Phaneuf.

Unless you were the boards behind/beside the net, then he was the most dangerous man in the league.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
“I wanna bitch about Jackeye,” makes a thread on the mains.

I think Huby was overrated and wanted him moved for Tkachuk, then Zito did it.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Easily Kirby Dach imo

I think he's a good player, but some of us saw him dislodging Suzuki as the first line center one day - ain't happening never

Like, IMO, he ain't even the second best center on that team, I think that Newhook would be it

If one day we get 60+ points out of Dach, I'll be happy

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Easily Kirby Dach imo

I think he's a good player, but some of us saw him dislodging Suzuki as the first line center one day - ain't happening never

Like, IMO, he ain't even the second best center on that team, I think that Newhook would be it

If one day we get 60+ points out of Dach, I'll be happy
Agreed

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Struggling to find an overrated Dallas Star. The great ones are all pretty much accurate if not underrated. I feel like it’s probably one of the late firsts that became nothing like Julius Honka who briefly was thought to be an nhl player or Campbell who was a failed first in a different way.

Anyone who beat those f***ing Red Russians in 1980 will never be overrated in my books.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Leafs/Phaneuf.

Unless you were the boards behind/beside the net, then he was the most dangerous man in the league.
Phaneuf got more shit than anybody, people treated him like garbage.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

For me it was Jason Arnott. PLD is a good comparable

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I felt like Simon Benoit got overrated for the Leafs quite a bit last year.

Maybe Woll right now with how some people think he’s the future in net when he can’t even move laterally in his crease without injuring himself?
A leafs fan was arguing that Woll is better than Swayman a couple weeks back… so I’d agree with you there.

For the Wings it was probably Kronwall. He was never very good defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad