Most overrated player by your team’s fans?

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
The most over rated player on by management in Calgary is probably Hamonic. We gave up way to much for him. No one in clagary is really super over rated by fans in Calgary that isn't reasonable.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
For the Leafs, it’s Kadri.

Really decent player but the number of threads that get shut down when discussing him... mind boggling.

Brave is the fan that mentions trading him sometime over the next 4-5 years. You can’t even give the guy credit for turning his career (and off ice issues) around... something he himself acknowledges... without offending a segment of our fan base that claims he was this good all along and that never happened.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Surprised to hear Zaitsev in this thread. I admit I haven't been paying too much attention to the Leafs but I was under the impression that he was solid. Kadri even surprises me a bit. Every time I watched highlights of the Leafs I was seeing Kadri pot one!

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Surprised to hear Zaitsev in this thread. I admit I haven't been paying too much attention to the Leafs but I was under the impression that he was solid. Kadri even surprises me a bit. Every time I watched highlights of the Leafs I was seeing Kadri pot one!
What i've heard is that Zaitsev has been a tirefire this year, but still remembered as how good he was last year.

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
I'll go with Noah Hanifin. I think he gets a lot of free passes for being young, and that his actual play (this year and last) always leaves something to be desired.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I think every Oiler gets trashed regularly -- at least those who and when they deserve it.

If anyone was over-rated, I'd say Letestu was by some, who was completely useless except on the PP last season. Guy is clueless and completely inept offensively and defensively. Not even very good as an "energy" guy as he doesn't hit much. Pretty good on the dot, but that's about it these days. He's not an NHLer, and I doubt he helps the team we traded him to (don't get your hopes up).

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Not a current player, but oilers fans generally look back on Dwayne Roloson with insanely rose-coloured glasses.

He was otherworldly in the 2006 playoffs, but that run bought him more rope than he deserved. Many oilers fans still talk of him as if he were some incredible goaltender, up there with Fuhr, Moog, and Ranford when in reality his tenure (that one spring notwithstanding) with the oilers was less impressive than Tommy Salo's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad