Most Loyal and Passionate fans of the 7 canadiens cities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Having a larger fan base due to population is not what I would term as most loyal or most passionate. For example I would not term the Cubs fans until they won the world series last year as the most loyal or passionate either. Longest suffering yes. But this is not my interpretation of what the OP is asking.

I would consider being a large fan base through suffering a pretty loyal quality. Leaf fans are pretty loyal and passionate.. and the only fan base in Canada that competes to them imo is the jets.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Most loyal? Gotta be the team that's gone 50 years without a cup and still selling out nearly every game for those 50 years. We've been the laughing stock of the league for a long time and stuck through all of it.

That said, I think the Leafs are only winning the "loyalty" race by a quarter inch at the end of a marathon. I've met die-hard fans of every Canadian team in every city I've ever lived in. Through the highs and lows, I think every fan base is incredibly passionate and you don't find a whole lot of fair-weather fans on places like HF. Every city sees the hockey fervor increase during a playoff run, even Ottawa was absolutely mental during the Sens run, though the arena didn't show it. I'd honestly laugh in anyone's face if they really thought that X fanbase was more passionate than Y fanbase in Canada.

I'd vote "all of them" if I could.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Been to games in Vancouver (vs Edmonton), Ottawa (lots), and Montreal (vs Toronto and TB).

My vote goes to Montreal.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Having a larger fan base due to population is not what I would term as most loyal or most passionate. For example I would not term the Cubs fans until they won the world series last year as the most loyal or passionate either. Longest suffering yes. But this is not my interpretation of what the OP is asking.

Yet a large metro population is no gurantee of number of fans or even degree of fan intensity.

Having over 5 million people in the Atlanta metro wasn't any help to that franchise

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Id say winnipeg is up there per capita

Montreal and Toronto are bigger cities

Winnipeg fills out that stadium every game
And are one of the loudest stadiums in the league despite having a smaller stadium

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Winnipeg fills out that stadium every game
And are one of the loudest stadiums in the league despite having a smaller stadium

Smaller stadiums actually help a lot for noise projection.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yet a large metro population is no gurantee of number of fans or even degree of fan intensity.

Having over 5 million people in the Atlanta metro wasn't any help to that franchise

Why are Green Bay packers fans often regarded as the most passionate and loyal fans in sport? It isn't because they have the biggest population base to draw from is it?

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
After 50 years in the wilderness I have to go with the leaf fans being the most loyal.

Most passionate fans I'd go with the Jets, after all they are FEULED BY PASSION

:)

Fork

Mar 7, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
most passionate: montreal
most loyal: toronto
most spoiled: edmonton
most arrogant: toronto
most knowledgeable: ottawa
most heartbroken: vancouver
most misinformed: calgary
most annoying: toronto
most loud: winnipeg
most drunk: edmonton

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Who knows. I watch Habs games and think they are nuts (in a good way). I watch Leafs home games and think meh, kinda tame. Then I go to a Sabres Leafs game in Buffalo and the crowd is 50 percent Leafs fans and think "ok, I begrudgingly give them credit."

All of the Canada fan bases seem crazy to be honest

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site

Winnipeg and Edmonton per capita are tough to compete with. Toronto and Montreal have the most non-hockey fans out of every Canadian city.

That's because there's no other options for entertainment.
In any Canadian city in wintertime, excpet for 18000 people going to a Raptors game 41 times a season (and around 4-6 playoff game)

Maybe the oiler fans hid more then? Cause even when Toronto sucked their fan base was all over the place... oiler fans were borderline invisible until draft day
Invisible where? Not on these boards, or at the games. Are you looking for them under your bed (like scary monsters)?

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Gotta put the Canucks up there. The almost burnt their city to the ground after they lost in the cup finals. That's passionate, stupid, but passionate.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Who knows. I watch Habs games and think they are nuts (in a good way). I watch Leafs home games and think meh, kinda tame. Then I go to a Sabres Leafs game in Buffalo and the crowd is 50 percent Leafs fans and think "ok, I begrudgingly give them credit."

All of the Canada fan bases seem crazy to be honest

Same thing with Detroit if they play Habs or Leafs.

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Out of the ones I've chatted with I have to give it to Montreal. I have sympathies for all Canadian teams/fanbases but the MTL guys are something else.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Passionate has got to be Montreal.

Loyal is up for debate between Montreal, Toronto and Edmonton.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Let's be honest here, you can almost answer any of these and make a good case for it.

Voted Winnipeg, considered Edmonton. Would go Montreal, Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa in order after that, but the Top 5 are all pretty close.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
As much as I don't like Toronto fans, I consider them to be the most loyal. So many years of failure yet they keep on coming for more. They could have turned to other major sports when the team is under-performing but they soldier on. Respect!

Looks like things will turn around for the better for a long time.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
No Canadian team have glorified parking lot turnouts- fans lining up on the streets to watch the Leafs play outside the ACC.

But in terms of the question, it's probably between Montreal and Toronto. Didn't vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad