Most likely "unlikely" event for next season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What is the most likely "unlikely" thing to happen for next season? (Rank them)

• Total voters

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
crosby, division, bottom-5, ovechkin, subban, mcd/kuch, price

if it was price vezina id put that one above a few others tho

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It's between Crosby winning the Ross and Subban winning the Norris.

Voted Subban because he is back in the East now and I think he is gonna have a fantastic season. Never underestimate the power of an athlete scorned.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's between Crosby winning the Ross and Subban winning the Norris.

Voted Subban because he is back in the East now and I think he is gonna have a fantastic season. Never underestimate the power of an athlete scorned.

In Subbans case a 'proud' athlete scorn too. He has a huge ego so i absolutely think he's gonna have a fantastic season to show up everyone whose given up on him

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The pts gap between McDavid and Crosby has been growing every year so I'm not sure how/why people think he can "realistically" win the ross.

McDavid is just as prone to injuries or even an 'off year' as anyone. Crosby doesnt have to be favorite above McDavid to still have a good shot at the Ross

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
crosby, division, bottom-5, ovechkin, subban, mcd/kuch, price

if it was price vezina id put that one above a few others tho

I figured Price at Vezina was a little too easy so i didnt do it. I almost put Ovi or Crosby for Hart but i didnt like those options either

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Division one seems the most plausible. There's enough parity in the league that I wouldn't be shocked if it happened in any division outside of probably the Atlantic.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'd go with 7, seems particularly plausible in the Central Division.

My thoughts exactly. WPG got worse, NSH's moves are lateral (debatable, though), and STL is arguably a question mark (can Binnington do it again?).

DAL improved, CHI should be improved, COL improved, MIN improved. Every single team in this god damn division has legitimate playoff aspirations, and it could very easily be a 7 horse race even 50-60 games in.

STL is probably still the favorite, but WPG and NSH definitely look more vulnerable now than a year or two ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad