Most iconic superhero theme?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most iconic superhero theme?

• Superman (Hans Zimmer)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman (Hans Zimmer)

• Spider-Man (Danny Elfman)

• Spider-Man (Hans Zimmer)

• Spider-Man (James Horner)

• Spider-Man (Micheal Giacchino)

• Transformers (cartoon)

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Which one is the most iconic to you?

I suspect a lot of GenXers might vote for Elfman’s themes; that Batman theme was ubiquitous - not only was it used in the movies, it was used in the cartoon which you would see after school every day.

Millennials and GenZ or later probably vote Avengers, which is the defining superhero franchise of the last 10 years.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Possibly the most epic opening credits ever.

Spider-Man 2, still the most epic.

Still gives me goosebumps. When you think of how a superhero movie should begin, this is it. The music, the comic panels, the immediate immersion into the universe.

The rest of the movie could’ve been a camera pointed at paint drying and I still would’ve been satisfied.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Shirley Walker did the animated Batman theme. Her Mask of the Phantasm theme is awesome.
Shirley Walker composed other music used in the show. Danny Elfman composed the main title & end credit themes, which were adaptations of the theme he wrote for the Tim Burton Batman movies.

Shirley did compose the alternate title theme:

Reactions: barriers

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
The original Superman should run (fly?) away with this.

What I think is funny though is that after that, my mind went immediately to two TV themes — 60s Batman and the 90s X-Men. I also thought of the Greatest American Hero.

Elfman's Batman theme would be next.

But honestly the rest of those movie themes have left next to zero impression on me. I'd rank the Marvel opening fanfare over the rest.

Not a composed theme so it doesn't count, but I can't resist dropping this earworm here:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Which one is the most iconic to you?

I suspect a lot of GenXers might vote for Elfman’s themes; that Batman theme was ubiquitous - not only was it used in the movies, it was used in the cartoon which you would see after school every day.

Millennials and GenZ or later probably vote Avengers, which is the defining superhero franchise of the last 10 years.
You know millennials are in their late 30s to mid 40s right?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Elfman Batman and Williams Superman are the only 2 that stand above the rest for me, very clearly. Went Batman because to me that was just a tad bit more iconic and familiar

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can.

That is easily the most iconic. Kind of cheating since it says the character's name, but if you played that for 100 people Family Feud style and the John Williams Superman score the Spider-Man one would dominate it in terms of recognition.

The X-Men theme is also an absolute banger and Millennials would probably call that the most iconic. But it was also shamelessly stolen from a small time European artist so I think it should be disqualified

To, as the Zoomers would say, bring the receipts:

Last edited:
Reactions: Section337

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad