Most annoying fans/instances at games

ZeroPT*

I went to one Sabres game with my dad when they were in Ottawa and man these aisle walkers are ******* annoying. Like it's the 16:47 mark in the first period and there's like 2 guys already leaving, and to make matters worse they're right in the middle. Yelling shoot whenever the puck is near the blue-line. Coughers, holy ****.. this lady behind me would drink beer, cough into my neck, rinse and repeat for a whole, 60 minutes, stupid. I don't mind anything else tbh. I do not like when im in my sabres jersey and people ask me " You like the Sabres???" No, I don't, that's why I'm wearing their jersey.And it boggles everyones mind when I'm not a die hard sens fan because I live in Ottawa.. I get flak because of it with my buddy's at school which is fine, but if you're a complete stranger going at me because I don't like the sens you can piss off.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
1. Glass bangers. Annoys the hell out of me when I watch on TV. I just don't see the point

2. Leaners

3. Someone else mentioned it - those people who hover over you and expect you to get up when you don't see them and without an excuse me.

4. People who yell SHOOT!

KennyFnPowers*

A-hole's are always going to be a problem, and there will always be at least one (it's called life). You do have to admit though that hockey games are so much more of a family oriented experience than they were, even as recent as a decade ago, let alone when i was a kid in the 80's + 90's.

I remember this one time as a tot at a Bisons game.. foul ball.. glove out... drunk old guy falls on top of me and my grandfather, catches the ball and showboats to a course of boo's from all the people in the area - the kicker was: one of the outfielders saw it, then during the 7th inning stretch came over and gave me a ball signed by the whole team.

Fans will be fans.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
After reading about a couple of experiences by some posters in a recent GBU, I thought this might be interesting:

What are some of the most annoying occurrences you've experienced at hockey games?

A month ago I had some old guy literally fall on me from the row behind. KABOOM! It was shocking, to say the least. He wasn't drunk (I think) and he had just tripped while going to his seat---which was in the 300 level, so the steepness of the rows didn't help, plus it was right after the anthems while the lights were still low.

According to Canes fans down here in NC, Sabres fans are typically the most annoying. I know several season ticket holders and throughout the years they say Buffalo fans are much ruder than anyone else.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
My section is pretty annoying. I'm a few rows back in 103. So here are my pet peeves/whines;
-If you get there before puck drop the section is full of people trying to get a free puck and I always have to get kick someone out of our seats.
-You pretty much have to watch the first 5 minutes of the 2nd and 3rd on the jumbotron because it takes people forever to get back to their seats.
-The seats next to ours are owned by a reseller and there are never the same people in them. The majority of the time I'm sitting next to people that have never been to a game and have no concept of waiting for a stop in play to come and go.
-Leaning... not forward, but literally leaning into me. When the play is on the opposite end people have tendency to not only turn to watch, but to lean right into us... elbows and all. Not a huge deal because a gentle nudge or a "do you mind" put an end to it.

I love the speed of the game and the action in our section, but I really miss the atmosphere from our seats in 327.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
According to Canes fans down here in NC, Sabres fans are typically the most annoying. I know several season ticket holders and throughout the years they say Buffalo fans are much ruder than anyone else.

Its not that they are rude, its that they actively hate Carolina fans who as a hole fail to appreciate the accomplishments their team stole from the rightful owners. It is difficult to respect such an ungrateful fan base and I remind my relative's neighbors of that every time I go to visit them in Raleigh, half of whom still ask me what sport I'm talking about.

There's only 2 things that bother me at Sabres games: people who talk about non-hockey related topics the entire game and people who stand up to wave at the camera. I'd add drunks to the list but I don't really encounter drunks at FNC like you do at the Ralph.

edit; and I always end up sitting behind a group of Canadians who aren't fans of either team playing that just came down to watch an NHL game, these people always spend the entire game criticizing America, both teams playing, the beer, the food, the atmosphere... I want to grab um by the necks and scream "If everything sucks so much take your ass back to Canadian tire and entertain yourself there!"

other personal thoughts: 100 level seats suck, the view is poor and the fans are the worst; 200 level seats are just a great all around experience, view is brilliant and if you sit in Kelly's section she's smoking hot and quick with the Gin and Tonic refills; 300 level seats are the most fun to sit in and a great value

I also miss the days when the arena was an adults only place. As a 13 year old it was coolest place in the world to be listening to drunks cracking wise and seeing security throw people out. I know its not a great way to watch a hockey game, but as a kid I had a blast.

Last edited:

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
Imagine if you were serious? That would be quite an ignorant view. And screams of someone who hasn't been to a Sabres game .... Ever.

Thank god you were joking. Another hilarious post :biglaugh:

Well done.

This is just being an ******* for the sake of being an *******. There's literally nothing "hilarious" about the post you quoted. He made reasonable points except for the drunken clowns part, which is more of a football thing.

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
This is just being an ******* for the sake of being an *******. There's literally nothing "hilarious" about the post you quoted. He made reasonable points except for the drunken clowns part, which is more of a football thing.

Nothing reasonable about it. That's what's so funny. He was joking. Nobody who goes to Sabres games thinks it's full of drunk idiots. And a "chore" to get food, beverage, or use the bathrooms. That's what's so funny. The out of touch part of it. It was a hilarious post :dunno:

At least I found it funny

Perhaps other arenas or perhaps Bills games. But certainly not at FNC.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
People in the row behind that hang their feet over onto your seat and then look at you like you're the ******* when they have to put their feet back on the floor.

Karate Johnson*

Imagine if you were serious? That would be quite an ignorant view. And screams of someone who hasn't been to a Sabres game .... Ever.

Thank god you were joking. Another hilarious post :biglaugh:

Well done.

Huh? I've been to 100's of Sabres games. I just can't stand live sporting events. I'm a huge football fan, and I don't go to those any more either....

Ring surrounded with thousands of morons, and having to navigate a crowd and stand in line to piss is my personal nightmare.

FNC isn't a bad as some, but its certainly not my couch.

dlonce

Mar 25, 2012
Banging on the glass. It only annoys people watching on tv. Stop it.

And people who stand up and wave to the camera. Nobody cares. Even the person you're on the phone with.

Banging on the glass bothers me like nothing else. I think fans should be thrown out. It's childish, annoying and most of the people doing it are adults.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Imlach I felt the same way when i was small and went to MSG. the section I was had a lot of funny people. Cursed but funny. I was te youngest and thought it was great. I just don't like when kids sit near me because whole I don't swear and such I tend to get excited and yell and sometimes it is strange or startling. One time I got told off by a mother to quiet down. :(

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Imlach I felt the same way when i was small and went to MSG. the section I was had a lot of funny people. Cursed but funny. I was te youngest and thought it was great. I just don't like when kids sit near me because whole I don't swear and such I tend to get excited and yell and sometimes it is strange or startling. One time I got told off by a mother to quiet down. :(

during the playoffs one year I screamed out "Leclair you *****" and my mom clubbed me upside the head. :laugh: During the intermissions the guys in the bathroom were singing 'Philly takes it up the rear'. I miss those days.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
during the playoffs one year I screamed out "Leclair you *****" and my mom clubbed me upside the head. :laugh: During the intermissions the guys in the bathroom were singing 'Philly takes it up the rear'. I miss those days.

I always used to go with my father. Since I lived in NJ but grew up liking New York, whenever the Islanders or Devils came in, everyone in my section was crazy. I credit that to part of why I'm a passion filled fan :laugh:

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Memories of my first Sabres game

Between the first and second period, I headed into the closest washroom and what did I discover? A few guys using the hand washer to urinate. Fun? Wow! Wasn't long getting the you-know-what out of there.

Clock

May 13, 2006
How about you lean in?

What do you find so objectionable about common courtesy?

I'm not saying your back needs to be against the seat, but there are people who literally sit on the very front of the seat and obstruct the view of the people behind them, for the whole game, for no reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00