GDT: Morning with the Sabres vs Devils in Prague, CZE 10 AM ET - TV: MSG, NHL Network - Radio: WGR550 - Game # 2

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Probably an overreation, but I don't care. I would rather we get rid of the entire team, and start from scratch, with a competent office to build out a roster. Several gm's and half a dozen coaches haven't made a bit of difference.

Fold the team, put in a bid for an expansion franchise (The Cheektowaga Chieftains for all I care) and start a new team that way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Adams doesn't last after another season without playoffs, TP will simply promote another organization person without NHL general management experience. Wash, rinse, repeat.
So frustrating.
We’ve done this 3 times. You need to make this work and find the right balance of players. Blowing it up again is not going to do anything. Make this core work - there’s able players/

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
You missed the point.

A few posters are starting a new theme/agenda about how we don’t have a #1 center or even a top 6 centers. Then lamenting that we had one but traded him away. Acting as if we were close to accomplishing anything when Jack was here. Thats not an attack on Jack. It’s a simple statement of fact. That you took it to be an attack on Jack is on you.

The irony of their whining is we almost made the playoffs with Tage as the 1C putting up 47g 94pts. Production from a Sabres 1C we haven’t seen for quite some time. To steal from your post… an injured riddled season wipes that season out apparently.
You said that he didn’t do anything here. I was disagreeing with at statement as that was what I took issue with and felt needed to commented on. Tough to read that statement of what YOU said as anything but an attack on Jack. Maybe it would’ve helped if you said the team didn’t accomplish anything even with a guy like Jack here.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
We played better. Levi and upl will win us ganes.

Krebs will get used to press box.

Jokiharu seems a liability
Quinn and peterka need to provide 20 each for us Both started slow.

Mcloed was a good get.

Tage is good when he's angry.
Benson should be w tage.
Hopefully tuch finds his game and shot. He cant fight
Malstyn can

We have never matched up well w nj.

You all were right about nj top six compared to ours. As we have only tage and cozens at 5 if he can actually shoot. Dahlin power and byram are good. I like 75. He's improving samuelson needs to be somewhere else.back w 26.

The board is right we need a playmaker or shooter. Ostlund?

I'm not that worried. This group always stsrts slow and nj probably helped humble thr group

Is greenway good?

We'll know after 8 games if we are 500.

Bummer. Some positives. Out classed. Thet aren't gonna have a good trip home.

Could just be slow starting as they improved each period and if they actually shot thr puck well we might have won one. Maybe.

Don't panic

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
For as bad as you and others make this team out to be they were only 1 point out of a playoff spot.

This team is better than what they have shown these 2 games. If by the end of the month they are below .500 than there is reason to say this is the same team
That was 2022-2023, Which season are we playing in again? This is the 2024-2025 season right? This organization hasn’t been able to carry over consistent efforts for quite a while now. That season may as well be remembered for being a playoff team at this point, because it’s going to mean as much to these players as reality has been, which is nothing. They sure as hell haven’t learned anything from back then, whether the way to prepare for games, or how to win games, so what’s the point in constantly bringing that up?

Reactions: Sabre the Win

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Kulich has now played 3 (2?) nhl games and gotten caved in all 3 by eye test and analytically. He’s not ready.

I don’t want to hear anybody on any board pretend like he’s in the same universe as Benson at this point in time

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kulich has now played 3 (2?) nhl games and gotten caved in all 3 by eye test and analytically. He’s not ready.

I don’t want to hear anybody on any board pretend like he’s in the same universe as Benson at this point in time

Ouch, looking at that now.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Hated the Lindy hire when it happened as it felt like nostalgia bait and they rushed it when there were a bunch of other candidates out there. Felt like Terry’s idea.

2 games into the Lindy 2.0 era and I gotta say he is not exactly inspiring confidence, he looks (and sounds) very old and tired. So many younger sharp minds on benches around the league and we’re stuck with this. The fire that used to make him great just isn’t there anymore and he no longer has that presence/aura behind the bench like in the old days.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm out folks. I'm not wasting time on this team unless they get back to .500 before December.
Last year, I gave them until December to lose my interest. This year- I'm not giving them much interest from the get go. They need to show me they've turned the corner. It truly sucks not being excited for Sabres hockey starting for damn near a decade.

Reactions: Royal Thunder

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I’m not sure why this roster thinks they can win games playing so non chalantly. Someone needs to remind them that what made them so great offensively 2 years ago was the effort. They worked to create their offensive chances. Now they just think they’re so effing skilled they can float around and the goals will come.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Impossible to sugarcoat this trip. Dominated both games by the Devils, zero pulse offensively, horrific defensive positioning by the D and especially the forwards, several injuries especially to my boy Benson, not detecting any difference in play under new coach, "veteran" players mailing it in, etc etc.

Whoever thought starting the season in Europe with this inconsistent and inexperienced group needs their head examined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad