GDT: Morning with the Sabres vs Devils in Prague, CZE 10 AM ET - TV: MSG, NHL Network - Radio: WGR550 - Game # 2

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
I know I am likely overreacting with this next statement, but if there is one team in professional sports which deserves every single person fired after two games it is the Sabres. Adams deserves to be fired for his inability yet we are going to end the season as a failure and then he will finally be let go. Ruff deserves to be fired because lesser rosters are more competitive, this team in two games can't handle basic pressure.

I would keep firing and hiring until something clicks, every ten games as soon as you see pathetic play.

Reactions: Lock3Boys and Beerz

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe they're physically incapable of playing? Did Lindy outtrain them? The Devils were just faster in these games everywhere.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Thank god I live in Seattle now and have kraken tickets - they may miss the playoffs this year, but at least they tried to get better and spent to the cap!

They also look like their skating hard and have some speed as opposed to this group of Bleh ugh

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I just watched a team with an NHL record playoff drought, new coach, GM’s total five year plan on the ice….lose every single period in a two game trip against a team that finished behind them last year.

If you want to give excuses? I want to give a pink slip to the unqualified joke of a puppet assed yes man installed at GM because the worst owner in hockey history wanted to be in the loop more. We are not the same.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
New Jersey had all that too though, they look great.
Culture change isn't linear though, Devils were a playoff team two years ago. There is a lot more baggage here to unpack than there is in Jersey. The Euro trip had a great opportunity for us and it didn't work out. They need to shake this whole sulking shit when something goes wrong

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Can’t wait for that propaganda puff piece from the social team, comes out to showcase just how much this trip meant to the bonding experience of the room. I’m sure it will come after their first win or during a winning streak. So give it a few weeks…

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I just watched a team with an NHL record playoff drought, new coach, GM’s total five year plan on the ice….lose every single period in a two game trip against a team that finished behind them last year.

If you want to give excuses? I want to give a pink slip to the unqualified joke of a puppet assed yes man installed at GM because the worst owner in hockey history wanted to be in the loop more. We are not the same.
It's crazy how some people can spin these games and the past into positives.

Delusion is a thing.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I hope the Devils win it all this year so I can look back at these games and maybe understand it a little better. Between Buffalo being unable to make touch passes, enter the zone, or do anything with speed, not to mention that the rare occasions they have the puck in the O-zone, 80% of the time they fire it wide and it goes to center ice, what do we have here? If the next 3 weeks are like this, trade someone big off the team.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad