GDT: Morning with the Sabres vs Devils in Prague, CZE 10 AM ET - TV: MSG, NHL Network - Radio: WGR550 - Game # 2

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I will, once again, be the guy everyone yells at for saying it…but the fix to the center problem is to move Cozens to wing where he belongs and move everything and anything you have to to get an actual top six Center.

Cozens is not a center. He doesn’t think like a center. He doesn’t play like a center. He doesn’t move like a center. Cut his responsibility in half by putting him on a side instead of the middle which he cannot handle.

As for acquiring that Center…

Get a new GM.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Sabres with an open ice style of play while NJ closes on their check immediately and wins the 1 on 1 close in battles.

Jersey clogs the front of the net in their own zone eliminating open lanes or looks to their net. Buff's team D is way more reactive and slower. Surprising. I expected more from Ruff in this part of the game. NJ has much more time and space to work with.

Sabres PP was under constant pressure from the NJ PK and couldn't find the open man. NJ's PP moved the puck with much more authority and precision.

Levi's play is keeping them in the game.

Sabres without any discernible game breaking talent at fwd.
Agree mainly with point 2

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
What’s with Samuelsson letting Haula give him a shot like that at the ending scrum. He’s more than capable of tuning him up.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Every day I sit here and stare at the wall thinking about the fact that we have a GM who, for three years straight, has told us with a straight face we can’t add to this failed group in a meaningful way because we need future money to keep said failed group together longer.

Every single day.
Living your best life

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I will, once again, be the guy everyone yells at for saying it…but the fix to the center problem is to move Cozens to win where he belongs and move everything and anything you have to to get an actual top six Center.

Cozens is not a center. He doesn’t think like a center. He doesn’t play like a center. He doesn’t move like a center. Cut his responsibility in half by putting him on a side instead of the middle which he cannot handle.

As for acquiring that Center…

Get a new GM.

One could argue that all of that is also a description of Thompson when he's struggling. At least Cozens looked like he gave a damn yesterday.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
I love morning games. Especially with leftover Indian takeout and good quality coffee after a good workout on an unseasonably warm day.

Looking much closer to mid-season form today.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sabres with an open ice style of play while NJ closes on their check immediately and wins the 1 on 1 close in battles.

Jersey clogs the front of the net in their own zone eliminating open lanes or looks to their net. Buff's team D is way more reactive and slower. Surprising. I expected more from Ruff in this part of the game. NJ has much more time and space to work with.

Sabres PP was under constant pressure from the NJ PK and couldn't find the open man. NJ's PP moved the puck with much more authority and precision.

Levi's play is keeping them in the game.

Sabres without any discernible game breaking talent at fwd.
They literally paid one to just go away.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Crazy how many times they have shown the head shot on JJ and keep saying its clean, literal glue sniffers.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
One could argue that all of that is also a description of Thompson when he's struggling. At least Cozens looked like he gave a damn yesterday.
I’m resigned on Thompson because i don’t think wing gets him going. His issues aren’t ability to play the spot related. They’re give a shit related. He hasn’t yet this year. His stick does some work for him in the open ice on both ends when he involved.

Cozens struggles aren’t engagement. They’re rooted in playing a position he isn’t equipped to play. He needs his linemates to drive play…always has. And hes not good defensively at this point. He’s just a guy skating up and back hard who doesn’t know which way to turn. Take the choice away and see what happens. I bet he turns into a fairly productive winger who can close guys off on the wall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad