GDT: Morning with the Sabres vs Devils in Prague, CZE 10 AM ET - TV: MSG, NHL Network - Radio: WGR550 - Game # 2

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Definitely a better overall start than yesterday. I thought they played a decent 1st period.
I am a bit surprised to see so many here saying the Sabres have looked terrible today. I mean, there’s Obviously still work to be done. Seems like the Sabres sticks need to catch up to their feet but that’s a better problem to have than yesterday where they looked like they were overthinking everything and stuck in mud.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Building around Tage and Cozens was a bad idea. The best we can hope for is mediocrity
Neither one is a top line center, maybe top 6 too

Cozens is a top line power forward and am not sure why they don't play him as such. Pretty sure that's where he plays in those international tournaments where he leads the tournament in scoring

Reactions: paulmm3

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
They'll need to trade one of them to get out of this ... hate to say it, but they need to bottom out to get a real # 1 center again. The lack of elite talent has never been more evident.
It's kinda ironic that when Lindy last coached the sabres we are in the exact same spot in terms of looking for top end forwards/centers

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Every puck battle, the puck ends up popping out onto a Jersey players stick. Sabres are doing things they think they need to do but no plan or awareness once they’re actually in the fight

Reactions: sabremike

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
No no no no! No more tanking. Just be better at drafting and development.
I'm not saying to gut the roster ... we need it to happen organically. This is very reminiscent of the post-Briere/Drury era where they became the definition of mediocre. Their best hope back then was to make the playoffs and lose in 5-6 games in the first round. This team's ceiling is that.

Reactions: BFLO

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Tage and Cozens invisible through 4 periods. Hughes and Bratt do not look impressive either though

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I'm not saying to gut the roster ... we need it to happen organically. This is very reminiscent of the post-Briere/Drury era where they became the definition of mediocre. Their best hope back then was to make the playoffs and lose in 5-6 games in the first round. This team's ceiling is that.
Sure, but neither of those two were ranked for. We need to hit a home run with a trade and develop that player.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It's kinda ironic that when Lindy last coached the sabres we are in the exact same spot in terms of looking for top end forwards/centers
The difference is that this time the GM is telling us that we have those players when we don’t. Much more bleak of a situation this time around because it’ll be another four years before they even start rebuilding again.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Every day I sit here and stare at the wall thinking about the fact that we have a GM who, for three years straight, has told us with a straight face we can’t add to this failed group in a meaningful way because we need future money to keep said failed group together longer.

Every single day.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Maybe they should try out the Black and Red Standard... b3cause right now the Blue and Gold ain't cutting it

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Sabres with an open ice style of play while NJ closes on their check immediately and wins the 1 on 1 close in battles.

Jersey clogs the front of the net in their own zone eliminating open lanes or looks to their net. Buff's team D is way more reactive and slower. Surprising. I expected more from Ruff in this part of the game. NJ has much more time and space to work with.

Sabres PP was under constant pressure from the NJ PK and couldn't find the open man. NJ's PP moved the puck with much more authority and precision.

Levi's play is keeping them in the game.

Sabres without any discernible game breaking talent at fwd.

Reactions: Dreakon13

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Definitely a better overall start than yesterday. I thought they played a decent 1st period.
I am a bit surprised to see so many here saying the Sabres have looked terrible today. I mean, there’s Obviously still work to be done. Seems like the Sabres sticks need to catch up to their feet but that’s a better problem to have than yesterday where they looked like they were overthinking everything and stuck in mud.

I thought it was a very solid period. The Devils are making it tough when the Sabres get it deep…they are going to have to get an ugly goal or two down low. Just keep going to the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad