Moritz Seider

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I think it would be great if they gave Seider #56. It would be fitting to have him wear the same number as another German great Joe Schmidt, arguably the best defensive player in Lion history.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I think it would be great if they gave Seider #56. It would be fitting to have him wear the same number as another German great Joe Schmidt, arguably the best defensive player in Lion history.
Linebacker number. He plays like a linebacker.
8v79.gif

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
In one of his recent interviews he mentioned why he's got the current #.

Can't seem to find the link to it.... but it's defintiely from within past month.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
The refs jumping in there to protect the Tampa players from Mo was lucky for them.

How could someone watch that game and not see the refs look at Tampa players taking multiple shots at the Wings and not jump in until the Wings start hitting back. Bullshit league. That ref watched the Tampa players take multiple shots at Seider and as soon as Seider retaliated he jumped in to protect them. That's garbage.

Reactions: ealong59

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
You have to have swagger to succeed at this professional level. Mo Seider has that swagger, even at his young age. He's still humble, but he has that intangible quality of knowing how good he is, but I doubt he's afraid of anything. Especially not the reigning Stanley Cup champions.

It's good to see. That's been missing in Detroit hockey for some time.

Also, I believe he chose the number 53, because his grandfather was born in '53 ... (and also the "Herbie" thing).

Reactions: golffuul

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
So how many games before Seider becomes the 1D on this team? Hronek is being leaned on a little more at the moment but Seider looks so poised out there and is apparently ready for big minutes right out of the gate. I'm gonna say Seider is the undisputed #1 by the midway point of the season, maybe even around game 30.

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
You don't want to get too carried away but it seems so evident that he is ready for this level and not only to just survive but thrive at this level as well. Everything that is asked of him he has delivered on. I could be reading it wrong but I thought he showed great maturity throughout, even when he got speared in his Mannheim's and he just skated away and let Bertuzzi take it over for him. On what we have seen he is playing beyond his years, long may it continue.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I just see a huge dropoff in defensive play from the Seider/Leddy pairing to the Hronek/DDK pairing. Even Staal/Lidstrom looked better this game after a rough 1st game against TB.

Dekeyser does not look like an NHL defenseman right now.
Lindstrom was awful tonight, despite making a nice play on the goal.

With no Larkin, we had one proven NHL line.

Erne-Suter-Zadina
Namestnikov-Rasmussen-Gagner
Rowney-Stephens-Smith

That's expansion-team level, at best.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
Not yet, maybe, but Seider will fight.
The way he instigates means he's going to fight.

Right. I don't think he'll ever be a regular fighter, nor do I want him to be, but I think that he will get into his fair share just because of his style of play. Not that I'm comparing the two but kind of like Konstantinov back in the day.

Reactions: MBH

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Is it me, or does Seider appear to be using a much softer flex stick? I'm watching this replay (perfect pass), and you can see his stick flex even on a soft pass.

Overall a good play, good screen by Raz, perfect pass by Mo, good shot by Zadina, and a nice deflection by OEL to seal the deal, lol. Love what Tanguay is doing with this team. I like how they're using Hronek as the decoy on the other side to make more room for Zadina. Having 2 shooters on PP2 is a good luxury to have.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I don't think Hronek is very good defensively, but playing with Dekeyser is an absolute death sentence for him.
DDK is finished unfortunately.
I'd like to see Hronek get paired with Staal and get Stetcher some time with DDK. Just to see if that helps the pairings a bit.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'd like to see Hronek get paired with Staal and get Stetcher some time with DDK. Just to see if that helps the pairings a bit.
No thanks, I'd rather not see that disaster. Stecher has a habit of overestimating his own speed and leaving his partner hanging. DDK can't handle that, Staal at least has positioning even if he's slow.

The team needs to upgrade on DDK and find a 1C. Edvinsson will eventually take Staal's roster spot, so I think he's a suitable stop gap for now, especially on the third pair. DDK is 3rd pair D at best when his back is feeling OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad