Player Discussion Morgan Rielly

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
He’s been terrible this season. Give it time. That said he needs to wake the f*** up. When he’s playing well he’s awesome.

Reactions: thewave

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Your seeing him playing the top lines on other teams not really the matchup he’s used to

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

First off, my point remains about short term memory. This is the only playoff series where Rielly wasn't one of our best players.

As for this play, almost all of the players on the ice share the fault for allowing that goal (Samsonov and Marner in particular). Rielly didnt anticipate the play, but he's not directly responsible for the goal against. JT was also out of position and didn't apply pressure quick enough on Lindholm which allowed him to line up the dump-in pass. Nylander was also puck watching and not skating.

Marner was with Pastrnak then stopped skating despite having fresh legs and just coming off the bench.

Samsonov could've easily gotten to the puck ahead of Pastrnak (or closed down and give him no room to shoot/deke).

Rielly was stuck puck watching a bit, but that was Marner's man and Samsonov made a poor decision in net. Nothing Rielly can do at that point considering the speed Pastrnak was coming in on the opposite wing whereas if Marner kept pace with him he could've disrupted the play.

Edit: Anyways, I'm pretty sure you already made up your mind and dont seem open to discussion/debate so no point going further. A pedestrian 14 games isn't going to change my opinion on him and as I mentioned he had a fantastic stretch from the 2022-23 playoffs through the 2023-24 regular season which holds more weight to me than the last 14 games (where he's been closer to mediocre than terrible as some people are claiming).

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad