Morgan Rielly "It's stanley cup or bust. I think that’s how our group feels. Anything short of that will be a failure."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Good for them if they break through and go on a longer run than their usual fate. Make the Cup Final even.... But that's it. Get em close enough to taste the glory, the parade, everything

We will take it. Haven't made a cup final in over 50 years. We just want to see improvement to consistency and how they play sometimes and it appears the team is bought into Berube's message.

This is the year.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Here is what likely happened:

1. Asked an extremely leading question.

2. Gives the boilerplate answer.

3. The obvious reactions are gathered.

They've been asked about this in the past. Never said anything like that. Usually they allude to the ultimate goal and say the past is the past and they are focused on camp. First time I can recall the core players all saying the cup was the goal

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is the year.

1726691600500.png

1726691652353.png

1726691689920.png

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Why does it matter what Phil Kessel and Phaneuf Leafs were doing in the playoffs? Or the Leafs with ELC players under Babcock?

This question was asked directly to Shanahan by the media btw

Because he was part of those teams. Even if you want to just talk about the 8 years with the Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Rielly core, the same thing still applies

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Why is this on the main boards?
Same reason a thread was made and has stayed on here about Oreo being a sponsor for Toronto…

Cause it’s The Toronto Maple Leafs .. plain and simple

If a thread was made like these for any other team, they would be closed/moved instantly

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Why is this on the main boards?

Sorry, would you prefer the discussion on the oreo cookie over the hockey discussion?

My understanding based on the OP is that this represents an absolute sea change in mentality for the core of this team under Berube.

In the same way the Senators have avoided saying playoffs are the goal, the Leafs have done the same with the cup. It's nice to see them come out and say it for once

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Because he was part of those teams. Even if you want to just talk about the 8 years with the Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Rielly core, the same thing still applies

Look at the Oilers history. They were pretty meh for a long time. Wasn't until McDavid and Drai were 27/28 they became a legit contender. Thats the age of Marner and Matthews

You know what this means. Leafs will get to the SCF and lose, probably to the Oilers.

I'd literally jump in front of a train

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad