Value of: MORGAN GEEKIE to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
How would something involving Geekie for Chytil work out for both?

Rangers will need a lot more than Geekie. Chytil is still so young and part of the Rangers future in my opinion.

Rangers need center depth. Center for center swap does not help the Rangers. Geekie is not an improvement of what the Rangers already have. Fine depth player but that is it.

Reactions: bernmeister

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Francis loves the guy, so it would take an overpayment.

Not saying that Chytil is/isn't an overpayment...

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Didn't watch a lot of Geekie, but why would the Rangers really want to acquire him other than because of his pretty cool name ?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Geek may be a good player but Chytil -- whose draft order should have been flipped with Lias Andersson -- has more upside.

so no

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
As a Rangers fan, can’t believe all the Rangers fans saying no in this thread. I’d move Chytil for Geekie in a heartbeat.

Reactions: LokiDog and WhoTagz

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Then who do NYR have when Strome goes

A free agent option better than Chytil and less expensive than Strome.

And if the Rangers keep playing like this, maybe Shane Wright or Logan Cooley.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Barron I am a big fan of him I think he can devlop into a kevin hayes type player when he was with NYR and having strome at 2c and geekie at 3c is a perfect option

also a big fan of Barron
Strome has to go, stop holding on to vets we can't afford long term, bend buckle and break to admit that reality, sell high deal for youth

Geekie would require overpayment, not worth it

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
As a Rangers fan, can’t believe all the Rangers fans saying no in this thread. I’d move Chytil for Geekie in a heartbeat.
As a sensible Rangers fan, what in the hell makes Geekie deserving of a 1 for 1 with Chytil?

Chytil is very much a better player than Geekie.

Reactions: bernmeister

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

Same. I like Geekie’s game a lot more. Clock is ticking on Fil. He may have top six upside, but he may be a guy who isn’t good enough for the top six and doesn’t fit the bottom six. Geekie will be a useful NHLer in the middle six for sure.

Chytil is at .37 points per game, horrible at center, and has no physical game to speak of. Geekie is at .3 points per game, has played 1/4 of the games and averages 3:30 less per game. Looks like an actual center. Is 49% on the dot and has a physical element to his game. Geekie is only a year older, but having played only 50 games, we haven’t seen as much of what he’s capable of.

I don’t think the gap between them is even measurable, let alone sizable. Chytil has the more one dimensional, but higher offensive upside. Geekie has the more well rounded upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: QJL

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Same. I like Geekie’s game a lot more. Clock is ticking on Fil. He may have top six upside, but he may be a guy who isn’t good enough for the top six and doesn’t fit the bottom six. Geekie will be a useful NHLer in the middle six for sure.

Chytil is at .37 points per game, horrible at center, and has no physical game to speak of. Geekie is at .3 points per game, has played 1/4 of the games and averages 3:30 less per game. Looks like an actual center. Is 49% on the dot and has a physical element to his game. Geekie is only a year older.

I don’t think the gap between them is even measurable, let alone sizable. Chytil has the more one dimensional offensive upside. Geekie has the more well rounded upside.
you’re making a compelling case for Seattle NOT to trade Geekie… lol

let’s talk Kravstov instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad