More points next year : Matthew Barzal or Nick Suzuki

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who scores more points next season

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Others: Barzal is great at ____, ____. and ______.

You: Well Suzuki could beat him up in a fight.

Best counter ever!

ongratulations on Suzuki being better at face punching though.:huh:

I was responding to the "lil Suzy" comment and not to the rest

Talking much shit and not reading anything again tonight it seems?

For the record:

Barzal >= Suzuki on offense IMO, but Suzuki is clearly the better two-ways players between those two, AINEC
And with Slafkovsky playing like he played last season, Suzuki could legit out scored Barzal this year

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lol Suzuki is a 200+ lbs thicc boi that would most likely trash Barzal if this ever come to the fists

All I read is a bias opinion

Suzuki ftw
Liking the player with the better track record with more points while being the better hockey player from the eye test is not being biased. Take a look in the mirror.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
All I see is a jacked dude with a huge dick

As far as the rest goes, Barzal is a fantastic player, but he had only 3 little points more than Suzuki last year, while Suzuki was clearly the better two ways forward between the two of them
Whatever you say big guy! Habs are the best! Caufield 50 goals, Laine 40 goals Montembault team canada goalie. 3 way tie for the Calder all Habs players. Greatest last place team of all time. You have no bias at all. Demidov 1 assists in 3 KHL games best prospect on earth. Kirby Dach next Eric Lindros. Etc etc. Lol you guys are so beyond lost. This season is gonna be absolutely hilarious when Montreal finishes dead last in the division again.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Whatever you say big guy! Habs are the best! Caufield 50 goals, Laine 40 goals Montembault team canada goalie. 3 way tie for the Calder all Habs players. Greatest last place team of all time. You have no bias at all. Demidov 1 assists in 3 KHL games best prospect on earth. Kirby Dach next Eric Lindros. Etc etc. Lol you guys are so beyond lost. This season is gonna be absolutely hilarious when Montreal finishes dead last in the division again.

Oh no how will we ever recover from picking top 10 again during a rebuild.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Which one is it? Best team in the league, best rebuild or what? Can't be all 3 at once.

No one is saying the Habs are the best team in the league. We aren't Sens fans who claim they are the best team at the conclusion of every summer.

You can go to the Habs board and literally look at how the fan base voted for the season to go, which is be slightly in the playoff mix this year but ultimately be out of it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No one is saying the Habs are the best team in the league. We aren't Sens fans who claim they are the best team at the conclusion of every summer.

You can go to the Habs board and literally look at how the fan base voted for the season to go, which is be slightly in the playoff mix this year but ultimately be out of it.
So you think they're better than who in the division?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The only thing Barzal has on Suzuki now is he’s much faster on his skate and has better edge work. That’s pretty much all I could realistically find.

Suzuki has better IQ, better vision, better shot and better stick handling.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They may end up the worst again but it's not unreasonable to see them pass Ottawa Buffalo or Detroit.
Buffalo had literally every possible thing go wrong last year still finished way ahead of Montreal. Have better young players way better d core and just as good a prospect pool.

Detroit tied for a playoff spot last year added Tarasenko also have young players that will get better too and were 15 points ahead of Montreal.

Ottawa had literal league worst goaltending last year still finished ahead of them. Have Pinto all year and have a recovered Stutzle and Chabot. Potentially norris too. Added a bunch of veterans and a vezina winner.

Montreal had almost everything work out for them last year except a couple injuries to secondary pieces. Had some of the best goaltending in the NHL. Still finished bottom 5 Added Laine.

I mean they could finish ahead of those teams just about as likely as Buffalo winning the division. but it's highly doubtful.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Suzuki was looking like a young Patrice Bergeron in the last 5-6 games of the season

@bert he really was phenomenal in the last 15-20 games or so
I think Suzuki is a fantastic player, elite hockey IQ. That doesn't change what Barzal is, from a pure talent standpoint he's a top 20 player alive maybe even better. It's the same Habs fans ripping him down that are in every thread telling us how the next Habs player is better than any other player they are compared to. Same song and dance.

Reactions: Coffees

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Okay be honest Bert, if you were Montreal you would not trade Suzuki for Barzal
Thats a tough one. I wouldnt do it if im the Islanders for sure. If im Montreal id have to think about it but probably not. I think given Suzuki's stature in the organization, great young captain and he committed to play there for 8 years it's a hard trade to make. As a team canada fan I have Barzal on the team and I do not have Suzuki. So take that for what you will. Pure talent it's an easy decision.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How is bert talking its year 10 of their rebuild and they barely did better than a rebuilding habs lol lack of self awareness is crazyyyy. Little man ottawa syndrome as usual

Voted Barzal tho
What does Dorion blowing Ottawas rebuild have to do with Habs fans touting their currently very bad team as the second coming? I am self aware enough to know what Ottawa is. A middling team with some nice pieces that are strapped against the cap with a poor prospect pool because they had the worst ownership and management team in the league.

Took them all year to pass the habs in the ranking and finished with only 2 more points, lol.
I mean if you can be objective at all how close do you think it is if the goalies are switched.

• Haha
Reactions: Habano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad